Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crashing before battles

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Crashing before battles

So here are my save files: https://mega.co.nz/#!nw1FhJIL!C0BPE2...llotvOtCk1wWVs

A brief rundown, the first CTD was in the Rohan campaign, it was the incident I first reported, that solved on it´s own, and I have had no further trouble, I havent checked yet if the new CTD´s happen there; all three Haradrim saves are in "CTD state" every battle, either me attacking or me defending, results in CTD.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

I tried the haradaar3 save, assaulted Harondor North, battle went fine. Cheat-moved Fuinur to Belfalas and attacked an RK army there, battle also went fine. I can't see anything wrong with your settlements, armies or characters. I'm suspecting (though I can't be sure), that it has more to do with your system than the mod, but perhaps someone else can either confirm or disprove this.

Damn, thanks for the help, that´s really strange, as I havent had any problems playing RTW or it´s mods, it´s on a laptop and it´s using Steam on Windows 7 x64,4gb ram, HD Radeon 4200 for graphics, and well; I just dont know, have you tried Harad2aar? That´s the one that the CTD started this second time around....Would you think having the AMD gaming evolved app running might have something to do with it?

Yes, I also tried Haradaar2 and I still got no CTD.

If that app is running alongside the game, and you consistently get a CTD, I would try shuting it down and seeing if the CTD persists.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Damn, thanks for the help, that´s really strange, as I havent had any problems playing RTW or it´s mods, it´s on a laptop and it´s using Steam on Windows 7 x64,4gb ram, HD Radeon 4200 for graphics, and well; I just dont know, have you tried Harad2aar? That´s the one that the CTD started this second time around....Would you think having the AMD gaming evolved app running might have something to do with it?
    Sounds like a graca/settings conflict indeed. Have you tried to set all your graphic card settings to minimal (or performance or what it is for your card) and/or "application" and then set the ingame graphic settings to medium, disable all filters and glitter, shadows, aa, vsync and all that and start a custom battle and see if that works. If so, try and start your saved battle.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Well, aint that something, when I turned off the app of "AMD gaming evolved", what do you know? No CTD´s. Turning it on again, CTD! I dont know what is the correlation, but there it is, it´s that AMD app; I thank you all for you input and help. You might think of putting it up as a warning if the user has Radeon cards. Cheers!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Good to know. I have Radeon and similar specs, but can't remember having crashes with TNS.

Did a bit of googling and seems that app is beta and there are lots of forum posts about it being buggy and causing conflict CTDs.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Well, aint that something, when I turned off the app of "AMD gaming evolved", what do you know? No CTD´s. Turning it on again, CTD! I dont know what is the correlation, but there it is, it´s that AMD app; I thank you all for you input and help. You might think of putting it up as a warning if the user has Radeon cards. Cheers!
    Great it works for you now!

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12