Thread: Help Finish Hyrule: Total War

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Help Finish Hyrule: Total War

Are you tired of each release of Hyrule: Total War being delayed more and more? Miss the days of massive content being released more often? Here is your chance to assure that is always the case, and that this mod will be completed sooner rather than in a decade: http://www.patreon.com/undyingnephalim

So spread the word as far and wide as you can. A thousand people devoting the tiniest amount can assure Hyrule: Total War will become part of my full time job!

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Help Finish Hyrule: Total War

Congratulations on hitting the 700 part time job goal!

@ Neph.
    Will Devoting some money to your http://www.patreon.com/undyingnephalim, Help free up some of your Time? And help with your Busy Schedule?

Edit:
    Also are you still Taking Commission from people?
    Last edited by Eldren; July 01, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

I'd consider donating cause this is quite a good mod, but to be blunt, it is riddled with bugs and the tech support here is almost nonexistent.

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

@Jat371
    What has led you that belief? The community has usually been quite active with bugfixes/the community patch and is generally helpful.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Jat371 View Post
    I'd consider donating cause this is quite a good mod, but to be blunt, it is riddled with bugs and the tech support here is almost nonexistent.
    That's a fair enough reason. I am so obsessed with finishing the story mode and have spent hundreds of hours on the cinematics that I've basically not even touched bugs. I only have so much time, and finishing the story and cinematics before I die is a more important goal to me, even if it's more shallow than making the game as bug free as possible. I've tried to find other people to work with me and bug test, but none have really come forth long enough. Several helping hands would actually probably benefit me more than money. Long story short the mod will probably be really buggy for years to come until I finished all of my goals and have time to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    @Jat371
    What has led you that belief? The community has usually been quite active with bugfixes/the community patch and is generally helpful.
    It still has the same crashing issues from months and months ago (especially at critical moments like after battles). Not a single one of my friends that plays this doesn't crash constantly. An vital texture fix is sitting in the comments of Patch 3.7.4 instead of anywhere more visible. There are posts and posts in the Bug Center thread (with logs) that are totally ignored. I posted my own incredibly gamebreaking issue more than a week ago with multiple logs and I've gotten nowhere. I can't play the game at all because the Gorons crash the game whenever they enter the battle screen.

Like I said, it's a good mod but it has a hell of a way to go. If there was less time spent on unessential things like the Hyrule Historia missions and all the spinoffs like Great Sea I would gladly throw money at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jat371 View Post
    It still has the same crashing issues from months and months ago (especially at critical moments like after battles). Not a single one of my friends that plays this doesn't crash constantly. An vital texture fix is sitting in the comments of Patch 3.7.4 instead of anywhere more visible. There are posts and posts in the Bug Center thread (with logs) that are totally ignored. I posted my own incredibly gamebreaking issue more than a week ago with multiple logs and I've gotten nowhere. I can't play the game at all because the Gorons crash the game whenever they enter the battle screen.

Like I said, it's a good mod but it has a hell of a way to go. If there was less time spent on unessential things like the Hyrule Historia missions and all the spinoffs like Great Sea I would gladly throw money at this.
    That is indeed quite reasonable. Unfortunately we're stuck in a sort of rut with regarding bugfixes, as SirMark is no longer making community patches for now and Tedster1995 is still in the process of taking over.
    I only have so much time, and finishing the story and cinematics before I die is a more important goal to me, even if it's more shallow than making the game as bug free as possible
    So you take the "Obsidian" approach i.e better story/content over bug testing.

I've tried to find other people to work with me and bug test, but none have really come forth long enough. Several helping hands would actually probably benefit me more than money. Long story short the mod will probably be really buggy for years to come until I finished all of my goals and have time to fix things.
    It does seem to be difficult to find and keep people with patience for the Medieval 2 engine.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    So you take the "Obsidian" approach i.e better story/content over bug testing.
    I just can't do everything myself. I focus on all my story content, and the bugs pile up and that audience brings it up. I focus on bugs and go more then three weeks without any story content, and a quarter of the people on these forums and DA hound me for the next mission release. I'm stuck in a huge Catch 22. I need more people to help and no one with the skills is willing to help. I've even offered to pay people to help fix the bugs, and even that's not incentive enough. At the moment I'm stuck cancelling all of my original IP's and life's work just to get this game done in the next decade because I can't get any help outside of myself.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Didn't you apply for a job at Obsidian?

Regardless, New Vegas was a much better product than Fallout 3.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Didn't you apply for a job at Obsidian?

Yes, I actually have. I currently know two people that work there.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Yes, I actually have. I currently know two people that work there.
    Jealous.

yes, people forget that Obsidian had only-what-a year and a half, to develop it? Given how much more content it has than 3- which had a five-year development cycle, it's pretty damn impressive. Makes one imagine what they would have done with more time...

This is off topic a bit. But just to let you all know. Neph has release a new demo Version of Star Fox Event Horizen.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-fox-e...horizon-demo-4

@ Neph.
    Can you put all your sound tracks for your games on your http://www.patreon.com/undyingnephalim

They are all really Great!!! And it would be nice if people could find them easier.
    Of course make sure you give proper Credit to whoever deserves it.
    Last edited by Eldren; January 29, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

@ all.
    Just in case any one didn't know.
    I believe from now on. The only way to play test the new stuff, before the official release of each version. Is to become a Patreon.
    https://www.patreon.com/undyingnephalim?ty=h