Thread: Permission to use the soundtrack

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Default Permission to use the soundtrack

Hey guys,

I have already asked this in the "BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS" - Thread, but so far I´m afraid it has gone unnoticed.

No hard feelings, this after all a pretty big forum, so I´ll just repost it here.

I'm creating a mod for crusader Kings II and would like to ask permission to use some of Broken Crescent soundtracks. Of course I'd give Credit, where Credit's due
    If the team is looking for new team members I'd also gladly add a link to this mod in my post.

EDIT: By Broken Crescent soundtracks I don't mean to use CA's songs but the ones added to to the mod by the team.
    thx,

Akhenaton

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Permission to use the soundtrack

I don't know for sure, but I think it's the same situation and you'd get the same answer you got from Resurrection about DotS music, as it's the same for almost all mods/submods .
    Last edited by Vipman; September 21, 2014 at 09:33 AM.

I know, but it is the right thing to ask each modding team about their view on it.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

The team dont composed the tracks but "borrowed" them. Eg. my "Best of Armenia" soundtrack got deleted on youtube.
    I know that one piece (ME_Tension_1) was of the soundtrack of the movie "The nativity story".

Off topic i know, but are you a member in the EB2-team now?

Well. if Vipman´s and LinusLinothorax´s opinion also reflects the opinion of the BC team, I think I´m gonna release it soon, since all is ready for my own private use.
    Of course, I´m still going to credit the team, because without this mod, my own mod couldn´t feature the variety it has now. Besides, every good mod, should get as much attention as possible.
    If you don´t agree please tell me soon!

@LinusLinothorax: I´m doing some voluntary work for EBII, but it isn´t tied to the development of the mod itself.