Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The different looking graphics in battles?

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default The different looking graphics in battles?

For me the graphics in battles has changed that much that i feel its a different system?, it almost looks like we went from dx10 to dx11 to me or they have changed the graphics or engine in some way.

Does anybody else see this?.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The different looking graphics in battles?

Looks the same to me, although I never was one to tell the difference between slight graphic setting adjustments. Anyone willing to throw down comparisons?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

My optimisation has definitely gotten better. I've doubled my graphics settings since launch with no performance drop.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

performance in battle map has definitely improved, however I still get minor stuttering in the campaign map.

The speed has been upped in normal, it's just a bit too fast for me so when the crunch happens I am into slow-motion, which is nice.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

The different lightning certainly looks good. I may or may not have improved performance as well. It's hard to tell.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yeah, lightning looks better, and performance is way better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    For me the graphics in battles has changed that much that i feel its a different system?, it almost looks like we went from dx10 to dx11 to me or they have changed the graphics or engine in some way.

Does anybody else see this?.
    I know what you are getting at there is something different but i'm not quite sure what it is.That being said the performance seems to be much better.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I've said so myself before. There is no doubt a change in the battle graphics. It does not feel `tacked on` any more. Hard to explain, but soldiers actually feel like a part of the landscape and surroundings. It's also better aesthetically on the eyes. It's just less 'clunky`.

I'd called it an updated Warscape engine with a much smoother feel. Really brings home how bad this game was (even graphically) before.

I would like to see proper AA options tought... :/

Shogun 2 and Empire, did those games have different AA options? It is still same engine, right?
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; September 21, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post

Shogun 2 and Empire, did those games have different AA options? It is still same engine, right?
    I think they just finally did to RTW2 what had already been done to Shogun 2.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post

there is no proper AA in warscape for sometime

shogun 2 didn't had AA for quite a few months, and ntw I think was the last one with proper AA

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

So this is not my solitary feeling with EE. I would say that on extreme it's back a certain quality of details I was missing for months.

Reading some of the last posts by Humble Warrior for me it's worthy more than million of changelogs

Do you think there will be some improvements in terms of settings-options related to AA?

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Yeah, I agree with you guys that the graphics have definitely improved, it feels like a slicker, smoother Warscape, still Warscape mind you, but more grounded, as HumbleWarrior said.

Haha, what DramaBelli said, hearing a positive remark on EE from HW is worth all the changelogs CA can throw at me lawls.

At the same time, there is a certain gloss, polish, or roundedness to the units that were very jagged army of Undead before. They FEEL more human. Yet, I already can see some people not liking the new overly-glossed shine.

In battles, the lines engage and fight MUCH more cohesively. It's no longer FAST morale whack-a-mole. All in all, hugely improved. I actually want to play Rome 2 now, instead of resorting to DOTA 2 or AoK.

Still, what this tells me is that the game was shipped one year too early. I'd be fine waiting for RELEASE EMPEROR edition this September as opposed to last September. I think Sega made a colossal marketing bluff and it's going to backfire.

Now, even though I'm a diehard CA supporter... I'm NOT preordering the next Total War title like I preordered Rome 2. Judging by Empire and Rome 2, it's better to wait a year and get a discounted, full-DLC or most-DLC package. But then I'd miss on all the modding funsies, haha. There's that too.

Because initial Rome 2 release was so raw, I felt that I could direct CA's direction just a tad... at least with my Nomadic Tribes Expansion mod and All Factions Playable mod, where I saw SOMETIMES, not the majority of time mind you, but sometimes witnessed that my exact ideas were used and implemented by CA. It felt like a collaboration with the CA development team, in an indirect way haha.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM.

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, whatever they did in Patch 15 really helped. I don't feel like I need to use any graphical mods any more, and I'm running ultra everything minus their 'AA' on a relatively mid-grade gaming laptop. So I'm a happy camper in that regard.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Mine looks more cartoon like now, maybe its the fade out but i notice other effects too, i wonder if Rome 2 was only running dx10 on release?.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Quote Originally Posted by karamazovmm View Post
    there is no proper AA in warscape for sometime

shogun 2 didn't had AA for quite a few months, and ntw I think was the last one with proper AA
    It is really weird, I have to say... You would imagine AA is basic for PC-game. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    So this is not my solitary feeling with EE. I would say that on extreme it's back a certain quality of details I was missing for months.

Reading some of the last posts by Humble Warrior for me it's worthy more than million of changelogs

Do you think there will be some improvements in terms of settings-options related to AA?
    Well, thankyou- I think.

If people use me as a barometer to whether a game has done something right or wrong, well then I have helped in some postive way. I'm happy to be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Mine looks more cartoon like now, maybe its the fade out but i notice other effects too, i wonder if Rome 2 was only running dx10 on release?.
    The DirectX version isn't going to make any changes whatsoever.

Contrary to popular belief, DirectX isn't a magical program which automatically makes your game look better upon updating it. It's a graphics API.

Newer versions may give developers more low-level control or more in-built tools, but it's not going to magically make a game look better.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Did they fix the spot lights on units in night battles?

I'm considering trying out R2TW again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast