Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/12/12)

Weiertrass, thanks for the mod! really like it.
    Is there a way to make factions generally more aggressive? Too many clans now have "defensive' nature. It might be realistic, but not as much Total War=)

Which turn and difficulty are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Which turn and difficulty are you at?
    65 turn, Hard.

Oh i see which clan? Right now i'm with Uesugi at hard using the scalling difficulty submod .. and boy i'm getting attacked by all directions. Are armies attacking you too small? could you describe the overall situation? I'm around turn 30

Hi Weierstrass! It was been already more than an year we talk for the last time. I decided to install stw and try your mod again in a hard short campaign with Mogami and ... i lost lol ( that was intersting ). I also enjoyed the pop up messages in the beginning of a new turn explaining the game mechanics.

Can you explain in more details what bonus AI gets when i am playing in hard?

And of course i want to thank you for this beautiful work you are sharing with us.

I played for Tokugawa (without scaling difficulty). Oda, Takeda and Hojo were wiped out by minor clans. I expanded freely and ended up with 3 allies, surrounding me. So, in order to conquer something I need to sail somewhere. I looked through diplomatic relations - most clans don't participate in military conflicts. Peace and quiet.

So, I started at very hard for Takeda (without scaling difficulty). And "it's alive", haha. Very dynamic so to speak. Wars, peace treaties, alliances wars again....

I played one with takeda on hard but after 70 turn I was wiped... one thing is sure I not really feal how to make money in this mod... or just Imagawa is a dragon who sleep on piles of gold...

Probably a bug: naginata nuns have rifel and not naginata... so may the name is buggeg or the unit. I know japanese horses don't like europeans, but my opinion is cavalry should have better charge than melee units. Btw the mod is fun.

Last edited by Weierstrass; January 07, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

Takeda is a bit more peacefull as they have a high diplo bonus. But right now i'm with Uesugi at hard. Around turn 120 and it was hard to reach there. Lot of figths and betrayals with Hojo. Right now it's an strong clan and i'm gathering troops to launch my assault to the south in order to trigger RD and get kyoto. But i know that as soon as i do that i'll have lot of enemies going for my head. So building a good eco.

Scaldar. Maybe the weapon they hold before melee is the teppo but when they go into melee they should switch to naginata.
    About money. It's not easy yet possible. For example now i have a giant army at turn 120 but i still make 10k. Not that impressive but my buildings are not that good too.

Thx but I've already find it. Btb I played STWII very long time ago and i don't remeber the ambush development zones was always so far from the enmy?

Maybe you were using a mod

hmmm Takeda direct can't train vetaran yumi samurai or its a bug? Btw do you plan to ad vetaran yari/yumi cav and vet yumi ashigaru?

Thank you. There is anyway to solve the problem with ships starting the battle already surrendered?

wait what? how is that of the ship surrendered? never got such issue.

Btw Sorinel is working hard to adapt his maps to MoSS. Also some historical maps will be added up to 9 total historical maps. Also some balance changes will be added (small ones).

well i had it already 3 or 4 times in my new campaign. It appears to happen only when there is a battle with reinforcements. I am at peace atm, but next time i will take screenshots.

Weierstrass, can you clarify one question, please.
    There are 3 similar buildings Improved Irrigation, Rice Paddies, Fields.
    Improved Irrigation: +3 Food, +315 wealth. Costs 3120
    Rice Paddies: +2 Food, +128 wealth. Costs 4680
    Fields: +1 Food, +84 wealth. Costs 1560

What's the logic? Improved Irrigation is much better than others and it costs less than Rice Paddies.
    Player is supposed to build Improved Irrigation first, as a most effective, then Fields and Rice Paddies after that, cuz there are no other options left?

One is the province speciallity farm option and the other one is the actual farm. So basically improve whay you need first if it comes to food but otherwise you cannot compare them much.

Thnanx best mod for shogun but why you dont build MOS for ROS?