Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/07/08)

Best mod for Shogun 2, period. Keep up the great work weierstrass.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Looks like this mod developed into real masterpiece. Really love all the stuff on the preview, adding unique strategical feeling to every place and faction. Reinstalling ol' good S2TW now to try it.

Keep your great work!

Thanks guys. I still think that it needs a bit adjustments for the AI, so I'll work on it with a beta patch apart of the main version (For anyone who wants to beta test). It will be avaible in steam.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Played the mod today, really enjoying the game again.

Also, perhaps I would be in minority but I really like the diplomatic AI. Sometimes it is way too aggressive (vanilla or some other mods) up to self-destruction point. This mod has quite a good balance in that regard as personally I prefer slower and more grand strategic feel and style of play.

Haven't tried your test files yet so.

Well I just could let both options for different desires.

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/07/18)

Uploaded latest version. AI is more agressive, so they wont get stuck now. It's recomended to do not trust nearby clans unless they are allies.

Privates's Avatar Foederatus

Just continued my campaign to check out the new updates. Happy to report the AI is now making moves once again, making for a much more exciting campaign.

Whereas before I was the only clan at war with anyone, after about 20 turns each clan in my vicinity now seems to be at war with somebody.

My alliances still remain strong and I am able to forge new ones, but the AI seems to not be so unrealistically over-friendly.

Tensions are mounting.

Very enjoyable, great work, thanks a lot!
    "To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. Sun Tzu

Wow, this looks very interesting. Thank you to all involved! My only concern is the compatibility with the Better Maps mod linked HERE

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by :jason: View Post
    Wow, this looks very interesting. Thank you to all involved! My only concern is the compatibility with the Better Maps mod linked HERE
    Activate better maps AFTER MoS.

Thanks guys. Right now I feel very pleased with the mod. I would like to change the Nagashima Castle and try to transform the Sengoku Geisha into the Boshin one. Other than that i feel it's preaty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Thank you.

@Weierstrass - indeed. just started an Oda campaign...i now feel what it is to be in a tight spot! Looking forward to playing through!

skimyy's Avatar Civis

Will try this mod this weekend.

Can anyone describe how battles go with this mod? Are the battles significantly longer? I'm looking for a Shogun 2 mod with battles that actually last long enough for you to make tactical movements. You really can't do that in vanilla cause units die off in 30 seconds.

Battles are wide longer, you will like them for sure.

Btw, my testers detected some small things to fix (some duplicated units and cap problems). I'll fix that soon, so dont worry.
    Also boshin style geisha wont work.

I don't know how this happened. I'm using the version from the steam workshop right now, and started a hattori campaign. When I chose the ancillary(retainer) for my ninja the game lagged a whole bunch, and suddenly the entire map was revealed. The ninja's line of sight somehow became enough to reveal the entire campaign map. I know I'm not using any other mods and yours doesn't touch the ancillaries or the skills from what I've seen, so I'm stumped

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu dont worry that is my classic mistake.... I use ninja sight to check the AI .. well I'll have to fix that (time number 90000) ..

Give me a few hours and i'll upload it. If you know how to mod go to agent tables and change ninja sight

Another small thing: checking out all faction starting positions...

Hojo have Edo Castle in South Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    How do you do it? I couldn't move the mods around in Steam's mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuu dont worry that is my classic mistake.... I use ninja sight to check the AI .. well I'll have to fix that (time number 90000) ..

Give me a few hours and i'll upload it. If you know how to mod go to agent tables and change ninja sight
    Lol, I was looking in the wrong pack. That explains it. BTW, about 60 turns in and the ai is pretty amusing. Oda still advances faster than any other clan for me, but idk what can really be done about that. Perhaps change their farm so that it's only "average soil" rather than "very fertile" so their income is nerfed a bit.

OMG...the Date have Dewa Sanzan and Shugendo Practitioner units! Such work and detail on this mod! Has really changed the game for the better!

To be honest no idea what to do with Oda. It always become op. But well the AI is impresive anyways.

Jason, yeah I placed several historical places to make it more interesting. Also there are 4 historcial maps (plus Kyoto). I'm reworking Nagashima since it was a bit boring.

BTW: Updated to include seassonals effects, I'm still balancing the chances, but it should work okay. Also removed the ninja bug and some duplicated units.