Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2016/18/03)

Are metsuke disabled in this mod ? Couldn't find them in the markets, and it doesn't seem to be anything I can build that can recruit them;

edit : nevermind I found the patchnote on page 8 stating that they can be found in certain provinces only, I'm gonna have to find them.

edit : ok lol, I started another campaign and saw the wise man building. Turns out it's just that otomo builds hospitals instead so no metsuke for them.
    Last edited by Senryakku; April 17, 2016 at 09:10 AM.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Loving this mod but it would need some serious balancing done on it. Major factions die off pretty soon in the game to name one thing.

Really like the building tree aspect of focusing each province you own in a certain direction. Battles are still over too fast, unit movement is too fast to - that is for my personal taste, not necessary agreeable by everybody.

Can we expect an improved version getting out in the future with the remaining bugs squashed and more polished campaign balance?
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Default Re: Total Strategy Mod ''EARLY CAMPAIGN BETA'' 26/10/14

How do you recruit hero units? It says I'm missing a resource but when I hover over it the resource is unnamed. It looks like a brown cube or crate. what the hell's the problem?

Compare the icons to the ones that appear in the diplomacy menu and you'll work out which resource it is. I think it's luxury goods, but I might be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Been a long while since last time I played Shogun 2, and even though back then I was well versed on the largest mods peculiarities, that knowledge is all lost as of now, so I would like to ask a couple questions.

1 - How's ranged combat on this mod? I remember that on Darth Mod and possibly another one, archers had a pathetic hit-to-kill ratio (3 samurai falling for each volley or something like that) and gunners had horrible accuracy (full volley on moving enemies or static enemies at max range would kill no one, and although at spit range you would cause a reasonable number of casualties, it wouldn't matter as the enemy wouldn't even break thanks to gigantic morale and would just slaughter your gunners). This is not a lot of fun to me.

2 - Does this mod have extended garrisons? Can each clan recruit, like, all units in the game, or there are exclusive units?

3 - Does this mod use the expanded map? Includes Korea?

4 - How stable it is right now?

I would be very grateful if those questions were answered, or at the very least, link me to the answer.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

This mod would be more great, if there combine with tenka fubu campaign, or morning sun.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Been a long while since last time I played Shogun 2, and even though back then I was well versed on the largest mods peculiarities, that knowledge is all lost as of now, so I would like to ask a couple questions.

1 - How's ranged combat on this mod? I remember that on Darth Mod and possibly another one, archers had a pathetic hit-to-kill ratio (3 samurai falling for each volley or something like that) and gunners had horrible accuracy (full volley on moving enemies or static enemies at max range would kill no one, and although at spit range you would cause a reasonable number of casualties, it wouldn't matter as the enemy wouldn't even break thanks to gigantic morale and would just slaughter your gunners). This is not a lot of fun to me.

2 - Does this mod have extended garrisons? Can each clan recruit, like, all units in the game, or there are exclusive units?

3 - Does this mod use the expanded map? Includes Korea?

4 - How stable it is right now?

I would be very grateful if those questions were answered, or at the very least, link me to the answer.
    1) Guns are very accurate, and preferable to bows in most pitched battle situations. If this were multiplayer it'd be a problem, but in the campaign it justifies the ridiculously long time for research (or high expense if you import them). However there's still a morale debuff to friendly fire, so after the skirmish phase you'll need to flank or find gaps for your guns to keep firing. All things considered I find teppou to be worth their weight in gold, just as it should be--that doesn't mean elite bow units aren't worth it, however. Samurai and Monk archers have nice kill rates. Chosokabe also get some unique melee/bow units giving them good versatility.

2) I can't even recall what vanilla garrisons looked like, haha. But the mod does provide garrison units through many different buildings--you'd be surprised. Also the special castles (Nagashima, Osaka, Edo) get massively powerful garrisons in addition to their strong defensive layouts and extra building slots. Suffice it to say, if your province/castle are built up you'll have massive garrisons that won't need help holding the walls; but if you don't, or you go for pure economic buildings, your province won't be nearly as defensible.

3) Extended map is included, but korea/china are not.

4) I find the current steam version to be perfectly stable for a Shogun 2 mod; I get a crash every now and then in battles, but I think that's because there's a hidden mod I forgot to delete somewhere in my data folder. Darthmod's been behaving the same for me. The custom castles are huge drains on resources, but if you have a nice computer they shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also the steam version has an alternate Edo castle that's easier to load.

Thanks for the answers Broreale. I have to upload the steam version here i know. I always forget to do so

I have a question of my own Weierstrass--how do you get the Komo Taiho/other modded cannon? I don't see any mention of them in the tech tree for any faction, so I'd like to know what arts/buildings I need to build up before I can roll in some dutch batteries to complement my pike-and-shot armies.

They are christian exclusive units.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Sir, why the city is not grown like fots ?

I would love to be able to do so, but it's hardcoded. The castle slot is the one that fix the amount of slots.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Hmm i see, but u have succesfull to moving fots settlemen to sengoku campaign its must be difficult for u. Oh and i want to know something about this mod, is this mod is still continue ? or u have plan to make another great mod again ? like this one.

this mod is finished. I may change small things or patch bugs, but nothing else.

About further mods, I'm working on this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...xpanded-Boshin

Please upload this in Google Drive!

Files uploaded to drive. Also I made a 3 tables with useful info from the buildings.
    Tables
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18R...VpFVdpgdzvaA9I
    Mod
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...WhDbGVaUFRKMk0

mhawari's Avatar Miles

A Table ? sorry whats for ?

Some info you could use in advance (there is not encyclopedia for this mod)

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

After playing a defence of Osaka, I would like to give my fifty cent. So far, the best historical castle map I have played on so far is Nagashima. The ai sees a clear way to siege the castle, and playing on the map is generally fun. One of the weaknesses with big castles is that you do not know where the ai is gonna come from. But Nagashima negates this by having a restricted area of attack.

Osaka has the same issue as Edo where the walls are very spacey, this with the fact that the ai can attack from any direction, defending the outer walls is a lost couse, and you are better served just defending the inner section where you have an easier time countering threats from all directions.

Osaka looks to have a quite simple design to the human eye, but apparantly not for the ai. The ai would only climb the walls on limited sections, and it became a battle against the time limit.

I think the best solution would be to do a redux version of Osaka like you did with Edo. The ai simply seems unable to cope with Osaka's design. The outer wall is totally useless as it is, so I see no reason for it to be there in the first place.

Just some thoughts...

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Anyone experiencing missing models for units in battles? For some elite units all i see is hovering weapons.

Don't preorder games!