Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember your dreams?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Do you remember your dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I love these kinds of threads whenever they come around.

A few nights ago I had a dream I was in an Italian city and I was walking in the street when I suddenly saw a beautiful woman wearing a grey dress. I immediately fell in love with her, kissing her and hugging her tightly before I then woke up.

I've been trying to figure out the meaning since. I feel like there is a significance behind the gray color of her dress.
    Is this your subconscious basically telling you that you are extremely attracted to a woman you once saw (but have since forgotten over the years) who so happened to wear a gray outfit on the day you saw her? Fascinating, if that's the truth.

I'll tell you the most insane, depraved, awful dream I ever had. In it, I killed my own older brother. Out of rage for a temporary thing of him annoying me, and I shoved his ladder off the edge of my bedroom window and watched him drop. No joke. It was so wrong and horrifying that I immediately had to take a shower when I woke up. I still don't know how to interpret it. Him and I haven't always got along, but Jesus, we're not just family, we're the closest of friends. I'd fight and die for him and he would do the same for me if it came down to that. So why this totally f-ed up dream?

Ignore all that if you don't want to speculate...I'm merely offering rhetorical stuff and getting things off my chest...you don't know me...I don't know you...and it's obviously impossible for you to truly interpret something like that from someone you don't know personally.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I once had a dream of being in a field covered with short grass and everywhere were small hills or mound, like 10 meters high, and on each one of them was a woman. They were of all attractive in every way I find attractive. I could jump from hill to hill and have sex with any of them. They didn't talk, but they didn't resist. After several hills done I realized something is amiss, it's too perfect and I'm either dreaming or dead, and as I don't think any afterlife would be like that or I certainly wouldn't deserve it I must be dreaming. So I though what the hell, let's keep going until I wake up. When I woke up it occured to me that since they are women of my own imagination they couldn't say no to me and in a way I just did a mass rape. Due to that thought I still remember the dream.
    Has signatures turned off.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Well. ... OK then.

I dreamt of pink vampire shoggoth men chasing me a few nights ago. Why are the monsters of eh l my dreams always pink. .. anyway for some reason this dream actually frightened me, i don't remember much of it except turning around once while running down a hall and seeing the monster and i took a few shots at it with a shotgun to no effect. I then woke up, promptly checked around my room to ensure there were no shoggoths and huddled in my bed unable to sleep.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    I once had a dream of being in a field covered with short grass and everywhere were small hills or mound, like 10 meters high, and on each one of them was a woman. They were of all attractive in every way I find attractive. I could jump from hill to hill and have sex with any of them. They didn't talk, but they didn't resist. After several hills done I realized something is amiss, it's too perfect and I'm either dreaming or dead, and as I don't think any afterlife would be like that or I certainly wouldn't deserve it I must be dreaming. So I though what the hell, let's keep going until I wake up. When I woke up it occured to me that since they are women of my own imagination they couldn't say no to me and in a way I just did a mass rape. Due to that thought I still remember the dream.
    Well, if they didn't resist or even complain, it doesn't sound like rape. I certainly hope that isn't your subconscious fantasy. Perhaps you're getting this idea about rape because they couldn't also jump from hill to hill, only you could, hence they couldn't escape but you could invade their territory at will. Right?

This sort of island scheme reminds me of a terrible recurring nightmare I had as a kid, in which the floor of my childhood house would turn into a giant smoldering lava pit that I had to gingerly get across via stepping stones and household furniture that were floating and not fully submerged yet into the liquid magma. Obviously if I slipped and fell I would have been consumed by a fiery death. That was an unpleasant thought and I'm not sure where I got those ideas from as a child.

I once had a dream where my teeth kept falling off for no reason.

More like a nightmare realy.

And i hear its quite comon dream to alot of people at times. Alot to do with insecurity, if im not mistaken.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I used to have that tooth falling dream all the time. No idea why or what it was supposed to mean.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

No tooth falling only real falling. It's dark, can't see anything, it feels like I'm walking on some stairs in apartment, one step miss and fall, then I wake up. The entire dream lasts like 10 seconds and I had it numerous times. Some of my high school classmates had it too.

Patrician

Yup that one too. Sometimes it's a spiral staircase and I fall in a spiral which is really weird.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

How do you know it's spiral? Can you see it?

Patrician

Yeah it goes from first person view to third person view randomly. Although before I fall I go up the stairs so I can see the spiral staircase. Other times I can feel myself falling in a spiral motion. It's not always spiral though, sometimes I fall off regular stairs.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

And you always wake up just when you start to fall?

Patrician

Sometimes I do but other times it's a few seconds just before I hit the ground. But I never ever actually hit the ground.

I dreamt falling of cliffs (wake up on hitting ground), lositg teeth, losing hair, losing underwear and one time losing genitalia.

Supposedly all of that is normal.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

I once dreamt i was a gladiator........
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Patrician

One time I dreamt my arms were long rotting sausages. Pieces kept falling off and sometimes with the gravity my arms would slice open. It was extremely disturbing and painful.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I dreamt falling of cliffs (wake up on hitting ground), lositg teeth, losing hair, losing underwear and one time losing genitalia.
    nuclear fallout??

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I remember one falling dream years ago. I liked it felt awesome falling and the transition from dream to waking as i hit the ground was so surreal and trippy.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    nuclear fallout??
    Not all at once, different dreams. And it wasn't primary theme of a dream, just something that happens along the way.

edit: Speaking of losing something, I remember a particularly ugly and painful dream I had a decade ago. I was a soldier of some kind, got shot in the chest, actually more near right sholder. The shot has blown a hole in my chest and my right arm away. Ribs sticking out, part of lungs everywhere, can't breathe. Few seconds later I died. No dream of afterlife. Don't believe in it anyway.

edit2: and I remembered another dream in which I died, but of old age. Lived my whole life from start through to imagined future. Married, had children, grandchildren, grown old, died. I woke up very tired from that one.

Sounds like I remember many dreams, but no more than a dozen. And I dream every night.
    Last edited by Aru; October 15, 2014 at 04:09 PM.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    I'm fully convinced that somehow dreams can predicts events from the future. I once dreamt about being in a place I had never seen before, and that dream came to fruition the next day. Everything appeared and happened exactly like in my dream, to the last detail.

Dreaming about future events from my life is something that I experience quite often. Sometimes I know that a certain situation is about to occure, but most of the time I remember about these predictive dreams after correlating them with events that have just happened.
    Have you considered all these times that a dream failed to predict the future? Until now there is no notion of a psychophysiological mechanism that would make such prediction possible. On the other hand it is very likely that events in a day can be anticipated (a fight with someone you do not like) as probability. And be part of a dream. Then when the events happen many hours later than the dream and recollection of the dream is triggered, the memory of the events as more recent shapes your recollection as to evoke more similarities then they were in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimisticles View Post
    I once dreamed about minesweeper for the whole night, I never won. It was like the darkest depths of hell.
    Memories that include repetitive motion are particularly lingering in dreams. When I was competing in chess, not only I had chess dreams but the movements of people in the waking reality reminded me of chess pieces and that could last for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros_Kalmpou View Post
    well, you did it within the first five minutes awake right? because after that, I use to forget them.
    Indeed. There is a running hypothesis that our memory uses two subsystems. One when awake, one during REM sleep. If it is so, it would be easier to remember a dream during the transition and not after.

Since REM periods are longer near the morning, waking up with an alarm clock and writing your dreams immediately is two ways that increase possibility and rate of recollection.

Sounds like I remember many dreams, but no more than a dozen. And I dream every night.
    We all dream every night; we have an average of 12-15 dreams( depending on age and length of sleep).
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; October 15, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

I mean I remember I had a dream every time I wake up. People told me they don't remember dreaming at all. Never happened to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast