Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is CA Trolling Us ?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Is CA Trolling Us ?

So, what do you guys think ?

Is this a teaser for next game which will be announced on Sep 25th or just reference for Scottish independence vote ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: Is CA Trolling Us ?

I am pretty sure that the next game is Medieval III.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkin1987 View Post
    Because ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

didn't CA announce they where not going to make a third sequel?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by necronox View Post
    Not in immediate future which I think when Shogun 2 was released or announced. Something like that. However the picture in the FB page are Scotland vs England.

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

mmmhm, interesting medieval III would definitely be nice...

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

It med 3
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

I reckon it's not Medieval 3. It's just a reference to the referendum... but I guess we'll see in a few days.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    I reckon it's not Medieval 3. It's just a reference to the referendum... but I guess we'll see in a few days.
    That's what I've been saying.... It did give hope to pro Med III team though.

Emperor PooMan's Avatar Centenarius

Illuminati confirmed

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Actually that screen is not a reference to the referendum (well it kinda is) or medieval 2. It is a reference to the 'new game' being an expansion to Rome 2.

Read the text of the announcement "can you guess what expansion this is from?" ...

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkin1987 View Post
    Hell, no! Not with this primitive engine!

Quote Originally Posted by necronox
    CA has demonstrated before that their word is worth less than sand in a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar
    It is a reference to the 'new game' being an expansion to Rome 2.
    An expansion would be a logical step. Rome II can still be milked with few efforts before they are forced to develop a new game.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I also remember they said they'd ''never'' make a third part of anything. And this seems to be more just a tribute to the referendum, like ''In 1314, Scots gave their lives to win their freedom. 700 years later all you have to do is to vote yes'' which also drew on the independence wars.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Well, if it is a hint towards an expansion they might be doing something late-antiquityish. Would definitely be complete awesomeness

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

CA has also said that they are not gonna do any "big expansions" such as BI, FotS etc with Rome 2 but instead make more small ones.

If I'd had to guess I would assume that the next total war game either is gonna be Empire 2 or one set in a new period. I atleast hope that it will be Dark Ages: Total War which would span from the Islamic conquests unto the battle of Hastings or there about. I'd love to beat back the arabic hordes and then be the restorer of the Roman Empire in a pre-medieval setting. Would also be really cool to play as the Franks and create the First Reich.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Would be really cool, but I fear there might not be enough public for such a theme in their eyes

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Swede View Post
    CA has also said that they are not gonna do any "big expansions" such as BI, FotS etc with Rome 2 but instead make more small ones.
    That is the first time I hear it. Any source ?

In any case, don't forget that David Gibbins is suppose to write 4 books related to the game.

We have Destroy Carthage which comes together with the main game but none with the 3 DLCs (CiG, HatG and IA).

However there's already a second book titled Sword of Attila which is scheduled to be released next year.

What I see is another 3 'big' games related to Rome II and not just mini campaign DLCs.
    Last edited by LestaT; September 19, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Since there are Scots and English on the picture I doubt it's a hint at the dark ages, which would be a bit too early for that However, from a logical point of view, Europe in the Dark Ages 500- 1000 AD and Europe in the Renaissance 1450 -1650 are the only big blocks in history not covered yet by CA. The only other possibility is classical Antiquity 500- 338 BC with a focus on either the Persian Wars or the Peloponnesian War (probably the first and the latter as an expansion pack or DLC), but with Rome II being the latest game they have neatly covered it for now. And if there's going to be a BI add-on for Rome II, we won't see a Dark Ages game after that I think.

The last opportunity would be a game later than Napoleon, about the unification, fringe and colonial wars between 1848 and 1871/1881.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I think the Renaissance as a pre-ETW would be very interesting, especially when focussing on the European continent. Tons of religion mechanisms and trade would all be possible to spice things up a bit

Yes I'd love it as well It could also included some colonial maps in the Americas mainly, which could be discovered in 1492 like it happened at the end of the MtW2 campaign (just on a much bigger scale). And it needs a ''birth of nations'' thing, so there is a likeliness for the rise of new factions (like your precious Netherlands ) during the campaign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast