Thread: Permission to use soundtracks

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Default Permission to use soundtracks

Hi,

I'm creating a musical overhaul mod for Crusader Kings II and I would like to ask for permission to use DOTS excellent choice of authentic medieval music.
    Of course Credit would go where it's due.

I'd also gladly link back to this page for any potential support
    Last edited by Akhenaton; September 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Default Re: Permission to use soundtracks

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    Hi,

I'm creating a musical overhaul mod for Crusader Kings II and I would like to ask for permission to use DOTS excellent choice of authentic medieval music.
    Of course Credit would go where it's due.

I'd also gladly link back to this page for any potential support
    Music is not our work and since we do not own it we cannot grant you permission to use it. It is released as pack for this reason. To get the music files you will need to extract them first. Credit should be given to the performers of the music. But you can mention it was used in DotS.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Music itself is not the work of anyone other than the creator and performer. For scripting and graphics we learn from each other but no one learns from each other here how to write music.

Probably the correct way to use music in mods would be for each mod to have the slots for the music and each player to choose which pieces from his music library to place there for his personal enjoyment.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Not really, music was part of our design and vision for the whole mod. That was our work, and finding the tracks was a massive labour in itself. We also made some groundbreaking music coding which Space_Ed made a tutorial for, and has since given modders a great deal more control over how to place music to certain actions and by certain factions. The Dominion soundtrack is an integral part of our work, but we cannot really take credit for anything much like the mod itself- according to Creative Assembly we have no rights.