Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "God Loves Gays" Billboard Rejected In Utah

Senator

Default Re: "God Loves Gays" Billboard Rejected In Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    I have not checked myself but I read an interesting opinion piece about homosexuality in the bible and it made an interesting case that a) the only mentioning of homosexuality being bad is in obscure places of the bible and b) in most of those cases it condemns male on male rape so the homosexuality part is not the worst offense in those stories, the rape bit is.
    That actually reminds me of something I read about dancehall music, which is really likable for the most part but sometimes has really shockingly, aggressively homophobic themes. There was some interview with one of the offending artists and he said something to the effect of "when we talk like that we're not talking about gay men being together, that doesn't happen here. We're talking about rapists." Which I guess means that gay people are so effectively marginalized in the Caribbean that the mainstream only becomes aware of them if they commit a crime against someone. I suspect the situation was pretty similar in most traditional cultures that didn't have some kind of specifically-sanctioned form of homosexual relationship. The idea of a distinct 'gay lifestyle' seems like a pretty modern one, and one pretty much limited to the West.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Although I have mean no offense to gays nor do I dislike them, I have to say that the argument against the billboard does try to express biblical truth. God and Jesus has said many times in the bible that marriage and relationship is STRICTLY between a man and a woman NO MORE NO LESS. That is all. Period. Now recently people have tried to argue what identifies a "man" and a "woman"- that is open to discussion and personally I have to say even I am not sure about the distinction.

But being that a gay/homosexual relationship is defined as intimate feeling of the SAME sex, I have to say this goes against any form of distinction mentioned above. If the eventual ultimatum for Christians is to seek forgiveness to reach the kingdom of heaven through the faith and salvation in Jesus Christ, for the gay/homosexuals who also identify themselves as Christians I have no answer.

Thoughts?

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/...ks-controversy

So it's not ok to have "God Loves Gays", a positive message, but this is ok? Note that the Billboard company is stating Freedom of Speech.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

God (as stated in bible), pretty much infers homosexuality an abomination, so God clearly does not love gays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill View Post
    http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/...ks-controversy

So it's not ok to have "God Loves Gays", a positive message, but this is ok? Note that the Billboard company is stating Freedom of Speech.
    Ironically, perhaps, that billboard you linked would actually mean God Loves Gays
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

God sent AIDS to punish mankind’s lust
    Lesbians are the demographic with fewer incidences of AIDS
    We can conclude Indeed God loves lesbians. QED
    "The chickens don't seem to mind"

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stario View Post
    God (as stated in bible), pretty much infers homosexuality an abomination, so God clearly does not love gays.
    Ah but to use the logic from South Park! Man is made in Gods image, which means that every defect and alternative from the apparent norm is present in God, thus God must be a tiny bit gay.

(I'm bisexual btw, so I'm finding the original discussion a little bit amusing/irritating at the compelte bias and contradictory terms of freedom of speech)

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

Does God love gays ? Well lets check the Bible:

http://biblia.com/bible/esv/1%20John%204.16
    16 So xwe have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. yGod is love, and zwhoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
    Case solve. God loves gays.
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234