Thread: a small but annoyng bug regarding a unit ported from another mod

Lt.-Col. Dan's Avatar Tiro

Default a small but annoyng bug regarding a unit ported from another mod

Hello, everybody
    Last days I downloaded 300 Warlords of Sparta. Could't play it, though, due to some error, but that's not important. Anyway, I ported some of those great units in Alex (simply because I had more DMB slots than in Rome). But when I played a battle, I noticed that the swordsmen from 300WoS didn' have any...well... sword. I tried to do this (again) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-not-showing but without results.
    So I'm asking: was it a bad DL (considering that I couldn't play the mod) or is might be something wrong with the .cas model of that unit?
    P.S. Maybe I shoud mention that I don't have 3dMax so I can't see the .cas model
    Last edited by Lt.-Col. Dan; September 18, 2014 at 04:24 AM.

vyrille's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: a small but annoyng bug regarding a unit ported from another mod

hello! it very unlikely that it's a bad download. if it was most likely the .cas files will be corrupted and wont be readable by the game. if you will, you can upload the .cas and .tga files so i can check them in 3ds max.

epitagma.rarepitagma.rarOk, thank you for your help.
    Here are the files.

ok, I did something wrong, I uploaded the file twice. Sorry about that.

corrupted cas files would be very unlikely to work with the soldier showing but no weapon - much more likely just to crash to desktop.. more likely the ported version doesn't have the correct anim in the db file (?) I think you need to supply the extract of the text files you used to add them.

No, I don't think it's a anim problem, because I Dl-ed another swordsmen unit, with the same anim (fs_swordsman, which is the same to all units in Alex), and that unit has the sword, there re no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.-Col. Dan View Post
    epitagma.rarepitagma.rarOk, thank you for your help.
    Here are the files.

ok, I did something wrong, I uploaded the file twice. Sorry about that.
    these units are only swordsmen, right? if they are phalanx, they dont have a spear model in the .cas file.

anyway i corrected the unit, i just renamed the sword from "secondary weapon" to "primary weapon" in 3ds max, which explains why the swords dont show up. here it is Attachment 314283

Thank You very much. I'll test the unit when I get back (I'm not at home right now) and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again
    PS. Yeah, your right, it's only a swordsman unit.
    Last edited by Lt.-Col. Dan; September 19, 2014 at 02:57 AM.

It worked like charm, they have the sword Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.-Col. Dan View Post
    It worked like charm, they have the sword Thank you for your help.
    Glad to have helped!