Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Easy To Much Money

Default To Easy To Much Money

Hi, does anyone else find the new campaign to easy?
    I have just steam rolled everyone built massive armies with ease and upgraded nearly all cities without thinking about money management.
    The amount of money in my chest is ridiculous and I would never ever run out of money it just keeps adding up.

I miss the days when deciding what you spend your income on could result in your empire being crushed now i can just upgrade building and buy legions without thinking about running out of money, this game is so easy WHY?

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: To Easy To Much Money

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post
    I have just steam rolled everyone built massive armies with ease and upgraded nearly all cities without thinking about money management.
    The amount of money in my chest is ridiculous and I would never ever run out of money it just keeps adding up.

I miss the days when deciding what you spend your income on could result in your empire being crushed now i can just upgrade building and buy legions without thinking about running out of money, this game is so easy WHY?
    Try harder difficulty or play some other game, not everyone wants dark souls experience when playing games.

Not everyone wants a cake walk either.

dbX7's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post

what difficulty are you playing??

Maybe try another faction that isnt a world super power like rome thats ment to pretty much steam roll over people ( or as mentioned try a harder difficulty)...

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

New unit costs should stomp you down a bit with 1.0 While levy and standard unit will remain a bit the same, heavy and elites should make you think twice before spending cash on them.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Even as Rome at VH campaign, at war with half of the map - through their aggression, I sometimes hope for a console command such "add_money"... lol: truth be told at higher lvls, I barely cope financially....
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

I agree with the OP on the economy.
    Early game its good, but its rather easy to min-max income mid to late game, and the economical effects have a tendency to exponentially increase the treasury after a point, where you can basically do whatever you fancy.

KAM said unit cost will regulate this, but I think there is some tweaks to be done on tax bonus/malus (building and characters/agents effects) and corruption.

I would like a game where the economy follows a curved bell formula where there is a peak efficiency when relatively average in size/power, but being small (city state like) AND being large (world spanning empire) have a lot of monetary problems!
    Last edited by Butan; September 18, 2014 at 07:07 AM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Best thing would be to simply add inflation That would pretty much fix everything but sadly I am almost sure it is not possible or requires extra hard scripting.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

There was a most simple inflation system in some MED2 mods where above 10 000-20 000 ducats everything cost double-triple or you simply stopped gaining money, I do not remember precisely.

Would that be that hard to script on a developing-wise aspect? Not saying we should do it if its easy, but I would like to know if its feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    I agree with the OP on the economy.
    Early game its good, but its rather easy to min-max income mid to late game, and the economical effects have a tendency to exponentially increase the treasury after a point, where you can basically do whatever you fancy.

KAM said unit cost will regulate this, but I think there is some tweaks to be done on tax bonus/malus (building and characters/agents effects) and corruption.

I would like a game where the economy follows a curved bell formula where there is a peak efficiency when relatively average in size/power, but being small (city state like) AND being large (world spanning empire) have a lot of monetary problems!
    I think when the buildings get another overhaul across the board is the perfect time to start balancing the economy. I find myself sometimes going into the economy techs last or late depending on what faction I am using. Another thing is the limited options to build up provinces atm. EE addresses this a bit, but I miss the days of the RTW system, where you could build all kinds of different things, oh you know, like roads

As Kam has said, hopefully when unit costs have been revised, maintaining a strong economy and having lots of armies will be a challenge. In addition I think the team are working on mechanics to try and limit easy economic growth. Again, as Kam said, it would be nice to have an 'inflation' mechanism, but I doubt that's possible. Messing around with corruption can give a similar sort of effect I think though.

Needs something like mtw2 corruption system. Playing SS you will really only see the big bucks in the area immediately around the capital. Further off places start giving you 200-500gold due to losing 1000-2000 to corruption.

Not sure how it works here, but maybe corruption can be tied into imperium level? If it already is, at a exponentially greater rate.

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

no thank you never please.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

We are addressing some of this in 1.0, applying it to 0.96 would put many players into deep bankruptcy out of nowhere in their saves.

The unit cost overhaul will probably make it a challenge as well. The main problem is that a good player will always be able to min/max and figure out how to properly build and maintain an economy.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    More Imperium Level = More corruption,and other penalties. ¿Can be Money Penalty too?

Yes, once we get around to addressing imperium effects I imagine we will have economy and other penalties associated with imperium to make the later game a challenge.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I like the late game economic booms, it means you can actually train full stacks of idealized armies. The problem isn't that you have too much money, the problem is you have no foes worthy of your might.

Quote Originally Posted by General Sherman View Post
    I like the late game economic booms, it means you can actually train full stacks of idealized armies. The problem isn't that you have too much money, the problem is you have no foes worthy of your might.
    Sometimes there is, but rarely, and even then they arent always focused on your destruction and have all their mighty empire AI stacks going oversea and/or invading in the opposite direction

I guess for the OP problem, we will need to wait for 1.0 and see with our own eyes if everything is working better!

Semisalis

Decreasing late game income is easy, when 1.0 is out and when dresden changes the imperium level effect, there wont be a high end income anymore. I just fear that you dont care for economic victory condition so it will be impossible to archieve. You might want to try hard battle diff if you max out your units at least then you can lose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast