Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Em...where's Cleopatra?

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Em...where's Cleopatra?

So yea, I fired up the IA campaign yesterday morning, and while it is very beautifully well done, there's that enormous glaring issue that I'm sure that everyone's noticed by now - Where's the Bearer of the Two Crowns, Daughter of the Sun and the Moon - Cleopatra?

The Egyptians instead have a random Ptolemy ruling the faction and truth be told, it completely ruins the immersion for the faction. I'm imagining that CA might have ran into some technical issues implementing a female general/faction leader and she might have ended up being a late scratch. I remember last week hearing that there would be THREE biographies pertaining to the campaign. One day we got Octavian, then we got Mark Antony, and on Monday I imagined that we would see Cleopatra but nothing happened...

Hopefully it will end up being something that was just a bit behind schedule and Cleopatra as the Egyptian faction leader will be implemented via hotfix soon. It would be cool to see her as a playable General, but I understand the game's limitations concerning female generals so if that is not possible then why not make her into a super awesome dignitary who can walk around the map, be part of Egyptian armies, and give them huge bonuses?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Default Re: Em...where's Cleopatra?

The 3rd Character bio was Lepidus.

According to some, Cleopatra is included in Anthony's household.

Having her as unique dignatary sound really good. Having her appear as Egypt's representative in diplomacy (with unique dialog, of course) would be an amazing feature, too.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...ck#Biographies

I stand corrected

I have seen Cleopatra in Antony's household but what a very non-spectacular and disappointing way of implementing her into the game, especially when I've been seeing concept art of her on loading screens for a year now.

Campidoctor

CA is happy and eager to include all sorts of fictional female warriors to the game, but when it comes to a famous queen from real history, no, can't do that.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

DLC.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    DLC.
    Yeah, thought of that as well the moment after I hit "post"... DownLoadCleopatra.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    DLC.
    I hope to God not...I've already bought a female unit DLC. I'm putting my expectations at a hotfix that should be coming to clean up random bugs/improve some things in IA within the next few weeks

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

Historically she did not lead armies so what are you asking for.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I hope to God not...I've already bought a female unit DLC. I'm putting my expectations at a hotfix that should be coming to clean up random bugs/improve some things in IA within the next few weeks
    Of course it is.
    I have to agree with this guy for once.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; September 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder82 View Post
    the OP already said he'd like to see her as a dignitary. While this might not be that important to the game, it would add greatly to immersion. This is something im sure we will see corrected by mods however. You will have many choices to have her as a dignitary or general.
    I wouldn't want her as a general because she never fought as a general, but unfortunately the workshop if full of ahistorical female mods. I guess i shouldn't say unfortunately, i don't have to download them as plenty enjoy that sort of thing so to each their own

edit: It is surprising that as much as advertising featured Cleopatra she is only represented in the game as a stat boost to Antony with no ties to or affect on her own country.
    Last edited by texoman81; September 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Definitely, Cleopatra would make a fine dignitary and diplomatic negotiator. You'd get to see her when you open up your diplomacy screen, and you'd be able to interact with her on the campaign map without having to make her into a general, that would be really perfect. I stand by what I said that CA advertised her a bit too much for her only presence in the game to be as a stat boost to a Roman character. She needs to be present in her own kingdom.

Campidoctor

The real Cleopatra was a queen, not a dignitary. She could have led armies if she had chosen to.

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

But she did not that is the problem. And there was only one trailer advertising her.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder82 View Post
    But she did not that is the problem. And there was only one trailer advertising her.
    You are wrong mister. She did lead giant fleet (Egypt had very strong fleet and Rome almost no fleet) to help, but due to huge storm on her way she ordered to turn back and sail back to Egypt... And as for advertisement, she was quite enough advertised I would say. I looked forward on her with this game. But obviously I was mislead with trailer and pictures of advertising her...
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

One of the main functions of kings and queens was as dignitaries who dealt in diplomatic matters. This is another case of people not knowing the definition of word.
    dignitary: a person considered to be important because of high rank or office.
    That definitely applies to Cleopatra. She only led those fleets alongside Antony. She was not good general or military leader herself, thats why she kept sleeping with Romans to try to gain their protection to preserve her kingdom.
    Last edited by texoman81; September 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

They could have made her a stateswoman and faction leader that could not be recruited as a general. Problem solved.

She WAS the faction leader at this time so there simply is no excuse for her to be anything less.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Is this character model used in game?

Can't recall ever seeing it, but I always end up playing in the top half of the map so I've not really delved into Egypt. In the game files, it's a female dignitary model specifically for Egypt.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Make her faction leader, as is correct. She can start the game with no army, simply sitting in Egypt doing politics. You can lead with her if you want, but otherwise she will simply stay there.

I can't say I was disappointed with the game's Cleopatra, because that would indicate I was expecting any better, but still.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

We all know there is a unique skin/model for Cleopatra, they do cinnematics with in game assets.
    However in the game files she is nowhere to be found so the model is really only avaible to ca atm.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    We all know there is a unique skin/model for Cleopatra, they do cinnematics with in game assets.
    However in the game files she is nowhere to be found so the model is really only avaible to ca atm.
    @Mitch : is this true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast