Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Rise of Petty Kings

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default [HS] Rise of Petty Kings

[HS] Rise of Petty Kings

This Hotseat is a little bit different from your average Westeros brawl. Players must pick a faction from each of the 9 regions of Westeros (Gardener and Sunderland are banned), and from there set out to conquer the rest! This will mean you start the game battling the (thoroughly nerfed) AI, and then proceed to fight each other once the easy pickings are taken. We will be using the Age of Petty Kings submod (download here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/westeros-age-of-petty-kings).

I also highly suggest the reading of this guide made by Dux : [FAQ] How to Play in a Hotseat Game
    The winner(s) of this hotseat will be rewarded with 10 rep.

Admin: Korpskog
    Co-admin: Matto16

Region (faction): Player
    Westerlands (Lannister): Shot with a crossbow while in the privy
    Reach (Hightower): Diablo del Sur
    Dorne (Martell): joerock22
    Vale (Arryn): Silenced Ape
    Stormlands (Durrandons): TheBlackWolf
    North (Stark): Macrath
    Breaklands (Crabb): AdmiralThrawn
    Iron Islands (Greyiron): Mithridate
    Riverlands (Mudd): Arrow2daknee

Remember: Gardener and Sunderland are both banned for being unbalanced. Other factions may have balance issues too, and we'll be the first ones to find out. Also, Ironborn cannot recruit other faction's rosters on land, even if they conquer the entire faction, so that should help balance things out a bit for them.

Rules:

• Pm the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before skip/sub
    • 1 turn peace ( you may cross another players region, but must not end turn there or fight obviously. )
    • Destroying buildings is not allowed if the settlement is under siege or a far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. ( turn 1 excepted )
    • 2 forts a region/player and forts need to have a garrison of at least 4 units, to limit fort spamming a bit.
    • No assassinations
    • No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it. Link to known bugs, 2nd paragraph
    • No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockading ships,
    • Armies must not be hidden in ships inside of ports.
    • No sallying forth in a siege to deny your besieger the opportunity to sack your settlement.
    • Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results. It is advised to hide everything else, especially the mini map and your finances.
    • Settlements gifted should disband all units save one. No gifting regions in a war zone ( bordering faction at war with, or under threat )
    • Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'.
    • Heroic victories are banned
    • No watchtower spam to prevent forting, admin will be the one to decide if it is or not so don't risk it.

Keep in mind that TWC rules apply as usual, RP is very much encouraged. Everyone enjoys a good bantering Manderly and humorous Blackwood but stay polite with each other and dont start any flame wars. Player insulting will be dealt with swiftly and thoroughly, you get one warning before being kicked out and possibly face forum penalties.

Don't hesitate to contact me or another person of the WTW gaming staff should you have any questions or problems.
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; April 04, 2015 at 03:16 PM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [HS] Rise of Petty Kings - RECRUITING

Seems cool, can we fight battles against AI like in most TATW hotseats? If so I would like Mudd.

PS I love your mod! Probably my favorite WTW submod!

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Sounds cool. Dorne for me, please.

Never tried this mod, gonna take a look and until then:

Less talk, more raiding - Ironborn.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Sounds good to experiece a bit... All my HS are a bit dead...

Gimme Hightower!

PS: Not that anyone asked... but, I'd rather that every battle would be autoresolved to speed up and cause I honestly, dont like battles
    Last edited by Diablo del Sur; September 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    Sounds good to experiece a bit... All my HS are a bit dead...

Gimme Hightower!

PS: Not that anyone asked... but, I'd rather that every battle would be autoresolved to speed up and cause I honestly, dont like battles
    Yeah, every battle is autoresolved to you should be fine .

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I really like this mod of yours Admiral, so give me Arryn and I hope it will go smoother then the one I started.
    TATW HS Community Award

Question... my Westeros knowledge is limited... the Breaklands should be the Crownlads (kind of)?

Yup, that it is. In this case it includes Darklyn, Massey, Crabb and possibly Mooton (seeing as the other Riverland faction is Mudd)

samturret's Avatar Libertus

I'll take the Breaklands.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Yup, that it is. In this case it includes Darklyn, Massey, Crabb and possibly Mooton (seeing as the other Riverland faction is Mudd)
    Thank you!

I was driving myself crazy not understanding why I couldnt recruit units in conquered regions... I just realized that there is a fix for that

Good mod so far! Seems there are hundreds of regions! It will be interesting!

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Stormlands plz

Nevermind
    Last edited by Diablo del Sur; September 16, 2014 at 01:18 AM.

Default Re: [HS] Rise of Petty Kings - NORTH + ADMIN NEEDED

Seriously people, say which faction you're taking !

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'll take Stark then

I loved how fast this filled up! I hope we can have this same pace playing.

Admiral, if I can make one suggestion, I would say that is KEY that we find both an Adimn and a Co-Admin (none players), and that both of them have the Admin password. I have seen much HS stalled for a missing admin and such, being this really easy to prevent.

On my behalf I promise to rep whoever admins the HS as incentive and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur View Post
    I loved how fast this filled up! I hope we can have this same pace playing.

Admiral, if I can make one suggestion, I would say that is KEY that we find both an Adimn and a Co-Admin (none players), and that both of them have the Admin password. I have seen much HS stalled for a missing admin and such, being this really easy to prevent.

On my behalf I promise to rep whoever admins the HS as incentive and thanks.
    Yeah, I agree, we really do need both.

Another thing I was thinking of is having players pick out subs, so if they miss their turn the admin can send it straight to the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Yeah, I agree, we really do need both.

Another thing I was thinking of is having players pick out subs, so if they miss their turn the admin can send it straight to the sub.
    Cant agree more! Pre-nominated subs (from the HS or outside) should be given the password in order to avoid clear save delays.

That is indeed a great idea!

Default Re: [HS] Rise of Petty Kings - ADMIN NEEDED (will REP)

Sounds good then! BTW everyone, we will be using Hotfix 1 + 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/westeros-a...gs-hotfixs-1-2

BE WARNED: This is not save game compatible, and it won't work with the other Petty Kings Hotseats, so I would recommend making a new copy of the mod for this.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [HS] Rise of Petty Kings - ADMIN NEEDED (will REP)

I can admin if you can wait until tomorrow to start since im at work
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast