Thread: Medieval Buildings

Default Medieval Buildings

Hi,

Personally, the thing I love most in any tw game is how they skin the cities

And since your mod is set in the Middle Ages, I'm looking forward to seeing castles and medieval cities.

I just wanted to know if you were planning to Recreate the settlements too?

im already loving the unit skins so I'm looking forward to whatever the team produces

-Hilel

Default Re: Medieval Buildings

Harder than it looks in this game. As battlemaps are tied to the campaign map. Whereas in other TW games it just loaded a map from the pool of maps.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

The siege maps still seem to be drawn from a handful of maps, though, from what I see. If that's not the case, I wonder if the coding that gives Rome, Athens, Alexandria, Carthage, and Babylon unique looks can be expanded and used for more cities to give medieval looks? Anyway, this is really far off .
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

billydilly's Avatar Senator

It is possible to reskin buildings. The Age of Bronze mod has done it, see post #1417, #1428 and #1434:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13656403
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Many modders would've made cities like Troy or Atlantis if they could reskin entire cities. To be honest I don't think they will be able to make medieval cities unless CA release a set of building editing tools as well as map editing.

Yeah I kinda expected this

I looked at the building in Bronze Age tw but the building edits aren't new models which a medieval scenario might need

i was wondering if it would be possible to work with the bam citadel which is just a static prop right now?

anyway, I'm THRILLED to see that youve released and am SUPER eager to play

tell me if you find a way to work on it though