Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Sidebar Layout

Default Re: New Sidebar Layout

... Look at the search bar, the popular searches are exactly like his pic as of the time of this post.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

At least the search function works now.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Hackers? I'm changing my password again, I suggest you all do the same.

whats it to do with hackers? Its just people spamming the search function with whatever they want so their search becomes the most popular and hence it shows in the main forum for anyone...
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah that search function needs to be removed as it is obviously going to get abused something bad. I couldn't believe what I saw with the swearing there. I thought TWC members were more mature. Oh no side bar on this thread.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Please let us get rid of it (or minimize like we use to be able to do)

Comes Domesticorum

Does showing the results of the most popular searches actually help? I mean, I can see why it would be helpful for looking for mods, but the sidebar is so small and the search bar smaller still that I don't know if it would be able to cover most of searches anyway?

One problem with the search function (as many have noted) is the profanity, etc. I think I inadvertently contributed when I clicked on one of the search strings trying to figure out how it worked. By clicking, it searched for it again (thus keeping it at the top).

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Just seems that its too easy for bored people to abuse. Should be removed.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Can we remove the part of the plugin that shows top searches because I was being completely honest about the function working. Its been broken for as long as I can remember (unless it was fixed recently and I didn't know). So I like the addition, just the implementation was fumbled.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

I hate it. I don't care about most of the stuff it has on it, and it shrinks the page to much. It really sucks.

All I ask is that it is made optional. Forcing people to use something like this would be stupid.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    . I couldn't believe what I saw with the swearing there. I thought TWC members were more mature. Oh no side bar on this thread.
    welcome to the internet.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Can someone call me names too? I want to be famous!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    welcome to the internet.
    This.

Yeah I know people aren't mature on the internet. I presume we have noticed that there are now 500 people more on the website right now then there have been for the last few days.

Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.

I can't seem to go anywhere now without 'Astaroth is a retard' following me. Seriously what the hell has he done to deserve that?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Yeah its probably something being organised outside this side with the goal of removing the search function. Hence the high amount of "guests" than normal. Probably some members who are not signed in right now too.

Also credit avatar from.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    I can't seem to go anywhere now without 'Astaroth is a retard' following me. Seriously what the hell has he done to deserve that?
    A very good question. One that perhaps the search function can provide an answer to.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    whats it to do with hackers? Its just people spamming the search function with whatever they want so their search becomes the most popular and hence it shows in the main forum for anyone...
    Idk, I'm not a tech guy. But TWC's had problems with them in the past.

Oh, seems that I've pissed off a tough kiddo internet warrior, how scary! The no-lifers are busy tonight.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.