Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sidebar Layout

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default New Sidebar Layout

Per some of the discussion in this thread I am making changes to the TWC Sidebar today. There will be some new forums for stuff like News and Official Polls from TWC Staff that will display here, along with some stuff from Content and other parts of the site. All ideas welcome.

Default Re: New Sidebar Layout

Nice idea. However is it possible to slightly reduce the size (maybe to match the size of the left hand column with user names in) I find it shrinks the page too much atm and images are reduced in size.

How do I remove it?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I agree that it shrinks the page too much. Going to be terrible for official screenshots for mods IMO.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Nice idea. However is it possible to slightly reduce the size (maybe to match the size of the left hand column with user names in) I find it shrinks the page too much atm and images are reduced in size.
    Read the thread in Q & S, the size is for a specific reason.

Quote Originally Posted by utelektr View Post
    How do I remove it?
    You cant.

Comes Domesticorum

I like that I have somewhere to get notifications and the like, but I feel as though it's a bit too large and ruins the viewing experience, at least on my low-resolution screen (720p). If it stays I'll get used to it, but a reduction in size or the ability to minimize or adjust size would be interesting.

Interesting concept, but I just get ugh when I look at it. The page is too small now and I feel like I'm almost looking at a Facebook notification thingy.

Please, make it go away! I'm trying to manage a mod release, and the posts are just ludicrously long. Not all of us have vast acres of monitor resolution.
    EBII Council

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

I've no problem with it, as long as it can be customized ( e.g color ) to match the user profile.

and maybe it would be better to reduce the size a little bit as the gentlemen above me suggested.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

It's too bad after a few minutes tbh. You get used to it.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Modders make and have made a lot of complex posts. I was going to ask how to change the configuration as something that changed some time ago (width of the left-hand column?) has been cutting off tutorials.

Now this right-hand menu has been added it's becoming virtually impossible to read the posts modders would reference. For example:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lete-EDU-Guide

How do we get around this? The menu seems very inefficient as it wastes so much space below it. Screenshots, videos also seem to be affected. This forum is a home for modders, not just text-only comments on the social boards. Has this been considered?

Advice welcome.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; September 14, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I concur, not a welcome addition. Good thinking, but it feels way to Facebooky​ for me.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sadly, it shrinks page too much and looks not nice, especially when you scrool down enough to see only huge brown block (which makes pretty much most of the right side a huge brown block that simply takes place).

Plus poll about sidebar pretty much made it clear if people want it or not...
    Last edited by KAM 2150; September 14, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I don't like it
    too big, if it's something that can be maximized/minimized fine, but permanent loss on screen area is no good

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's too big and far too intrusive, while you are reading a thread or searching a forum for an interesting discussion. It needs to be a lot smaller. Until a better solution is found, an option to not have it displayed should be available.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    I don't like it
    too big, if it's something that can be maximized/minimized fine, but permanent loss on screen area is no good
    +1

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    I've no problem with it, as long as it can be customized ( e.g color ) to match the user profile.

and maybe it would be better to reduce the size a little bit as the gentlemen above me suggested.
    The size is there for a reason, as discussed for weeks before I put this in place. The color should match whatever theme you are using. Users that have custom profiles may be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Modders make and have made a lot of complex posts. I was going to ask how to change the configuration as something that changed some time ago (width of the left-hand column?) has been cutting off tutorials.

Now this right-hand menu has been added it's becoming virtually impossible to read the posts modders would reference. For example:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lete-EDU-Guide
    I have no problems at all reading that post, though they definitely could have formatted it better. I suspect they formatted it for their screen which is wider than most peoples but I can still read it fine. Someone on 1360 screen resolution probably has issues and would have issues if it was the only thing on the screen.

How do we get around this? The menu seems very inefficient as it wastes so much space below it.
    As stated, I am adding content to it so there is more stuff on the site.

Screenshots, videos also seem to be affected. This forum is a home for modders, not just text-only comments on the social boards. Has this been considered?
    Weeks ago in the main thread. You didn't participate.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I didn't participate because I was modding... (we had that debate a few years ago before you took over )

I work from a laptop now and my resolution is 1024 X 768.

I DO appreciate all you do - and that this site is free to use.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Idk GeD that's a really snide way to respond to some of these issues. Just saying that we should of responded earlier doesn't invalidate the obvious issues people are having here. Myself included, it makes everything look more cluttered and I find it highly distasteful. Also I wasn't even aware such a discussion was even happening, so there's that factor too. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    I don't like it
    I'd have to agree with this. Not to ignore or disrespect any work that went into it ofc, but this is my opinion.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast