Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: improved! Britannia" Campaign~Claimants,heirs & Conquerors~ emerald visions~ (new settlement type, monasteries on the map and like a six new factions!) Lotsa screen shots and previews~

Default improved! Britannia" Campaign~Claimants,heirs & Conquerors~ emerald visions~ (new settlement type, monasteries on the map and like a six new factions!) Lotsa screen shots and previews~

Basically this will be a re-working of the "Britannia" campaign, I will extend the map to include northern France (so as too add factions: Brittanny, the French crown and Flanders, on English soil I will add the Faction: "Cornwall" and I will add at least 15 regions to make up Northern France and add about 20 more throughout England, but Not too big though, I have found the Ai works much better on smaller maps!
    so the factions will be:

the British Isles

Ireland
    Scotland
    Norway
    Cornwall
    Wales
    Crown of England

(Leave the Barons alliance as is and emergent may be add Denmark as emergent as well)

Northern France

Brittany
    Flanders
    The French Crown

the mod will feature new music, all ui, battlefield skins etc. almost everything!
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; September 18, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Default Re: a re-working of and much better! Britannia" Campaign~ ChC Britannia: Claimants,heirs & Conquerors~ emerald visions~

I'm keen to see that are you thinking of adding some more units?

Default Re: a re-working of and much better! Britannia" Campaign~ ChC Britannia: Claimants,heirs & Conquerors~ emerald visions~

Quote Originally Posted by Thesban The Great View Post
    I'm keen to see that are you thinking of adding some more units?
    yes, there will be new units~ here is the "base" geographic Map! (as you can see all of The British IslesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	map_heights.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	314008 and a portion of Northern France and Belgium so as too include " the Marque of Brittany, the French Crown and Flanders)

Well i assume you're going to re-size the map yes? you could make a really in-depth Britannia height map, Achieving a realistic and aesthetically pleasing map including more regions to enhance the immersion.

Well i assume you're going to re-size the map yes? you could make a really in-depth Britannia height map, Achieving a realistic and aesthetically pleasing map including more regions to enhance the immersion.
    like I said, I`ve learned the ai performs better on smaller maps~ I have already re-sized the map (as shown) added 17 regions in France and will add a good 15 more throughout the British isles but I will work to really craft a wonderful map ( I may also add monasteries to the map, which will be basically a new settlement type about 4 in France and 5 throughout the isles and also remove merchants and add Monastic Monks which will be able to denounce as well as gather profit~)

edit: actually I will add one monastery in Brittany, one near Paris, one in Flanders ( North of Rhiems), one in Ireland, one in scotland, one in wales and two in England, they won`t serve any military purpose but they will be hefty economic centers~
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; September 15, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Sweet as man

don't know if the monastries where good economic centers as they where getting money and not gave money away?even thought some monks where making honey and ale

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    don't know if the monastries where good economic centers as they where getting money and not gave money away?even thought some monks where making honey and ale
    well you may be right Stevie, but I will add them anyway because they`d just be cool to have in the game! (even though there really is no purpose they serve outside of contributing to your region count)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_regions_1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	314092this is the map regions (working)
    ok I added 17 regions to France
    factions are:
    Marque de Briton`
    The French Crown
    Le Comte` De Flandern`

added like 7 regions to england
    Factions:
    Crown of England
    and Barons Alliance (emergent)

added 5 regions to Scotland and northern britain
    Factions are:
    Scotland
    Norway
    Scottish Loyalists (to the English crown and Allied with them)

added 2 regions to wales
    Factions are:
    Wales

added 3 regions to Cornwall
    factions are:
    Cornwall

added 8 regions to ireland
    Factions are:
    Crown of Ireland
    Irish loyalists (to the crown of England and allied with them)

so overall added six new factions
    and added overall 42 new regions (more will actually be added when I lay monasteries on the map)
    the resizing of the map is neutral horizontally but has been expand vertically by about half its original length

scripting will remain as is except : for adding the scripted economic help the original factions get to the new ones, adding may be some more "spawned" rebels and may be some more y/n events

Looking great, i'll be eagerly waiting to play/test this mod, if you need any help i'd also be happy to contribute.

Looking great, i'll be eagerly waiting to play/test this mod, if you need any help i'd also be happy to contribute.
    thank you! very soon I will have a beta for you!

major changes are so far about a 1/3 bigger map (which includes part of Northern France) with about 17 new regions in France and another 25 randomly throughout the British Isles,
    most ui, (too be previewed shortly) new factions of:
    the Crown of France (playable and at war with England)
    Le Comte` Flandern` (playable and neutral)
    Le Marques` De` Briton` (playable and neutral)
    Cornwall (playable and at war with england)
    the Irish Loyalists (too england and allied to them too but unplayable and at war with the crown of Ireland)
    the Scottish loyalists ( allied and loyal too England also and unplayable too, at war with Scotland)

and the factions originally in the campaign but with all new ui
    all features of the original campaign intact
    music is all new! but there is a whole lot left to do! for instance add those monasteries, reskin all units, add some new ones too etc.new unit cards Lots! but it is already an "evolved" mod!

Great work, from the looks of it, it'll be a vast improvement on the campaign overall

Great work, from the looks of it, it'll be a vast improvement on the campaign overall
    that`s the goal

here is some initial (a whole lot more to be done~ and/or changed this is all preliminary anyway!) Menu, symbol and general ui work! ( alot of this was actually taken from a wonderful mod on France I did but never released) and also what monasteries will look like on the map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-16 10-32-14-33.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	314125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-16 10-32-23-20.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	314126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-16 10-32-55-17.jpg 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	314127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-16 10-33-52-89.jpg 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	314128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-16 10-34-09-76.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	314129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-16 10-34-37-60.jpg 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	314130
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; September 16, 2014 at 12:50 PM.

Monasteries will not be able to recruit any units but they will contribute to your economy
    they will have a limited building tree of roads ( both dirt and paved and they will all be the sea so you can build ports and higher of Sea buildings
    plus these five " custom" buildings I made just for them (which are previewed here I may add about three more!)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 04-00-00-84.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	314155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 04-00-33-20.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	314156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 04-00-28-17.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	314157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 04-00-22-96.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	314158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 04-00-40-31.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	314159
    and as I`ve said there will be one in Brittany, one near Paris, one in Flanders north of Rhiems, one in Ireland, one in Scotland, one in- between Wales and England and one in-between Cornwall and England, LoL now actually research appropriate monasteries which are authentic for the regions I have chosen!

edit: for the sake of previewing these buildings these screenshots were taken from that French mod I never released where I began my work on monasteries so please ignore the flags and radar map
    thank you~
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; September 17, 2014 at 06:30 AM.

ok all monasteries are on the map now
    their are 8 in total
    here are some screens of them plus various screenshots of Mapping texture/feature[s] improvements and you will notice I also already re-did all campaign(strat flags) but much,much more to do like strat characters, (and as always with me more polishing of the ui!), and unit cards etc. in about a week I think i`ll be ready to a full preview video~Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-07-08-23.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	314213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-06-56-77.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	314214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-06-34-97.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	314215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-06-21-92.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	314216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-05-52-78.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	314217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-05-05-14.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	314218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-03-39-33.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	314219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 19-02-35-22.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	314220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 18-53-19-82.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	314221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-17 18-51-18-40.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	314222
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; September 17, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Brilliant work

Centenarius

Great as always Druvatar. How did you managed to make monasteries settlements? They replace wooden castles?

ok, warcraft let me explain what I did then, since all factions are northern European (including rebels) I used the Southern European Citadel model, I edited all the required text and textures to give them the "appearance" in game I desired, and I put like 8 on the map because they are pre-existing and cannot be built are then used several different hidden resources to enable the " special" buildings I did just for them and limit "normal" building and recruiting

since mostly everything is almost done~ I think I will expand the map again to include more of France, ( the areas controlled by Aquitaine and Burgundy and add those two factions also) add like two more monasteries in France and give one to the Papal States (so I can include that faction as well, so there are lotsa crusades!) opinions on this would be great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast