44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hellenistic style

26 59.09%
  • Classical style

18 40.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Some units of Roman, Italian and Hellenistic factions

Icon14 [PREVIEW] Some units of Roman, Italian and Hellenistic factions

Hi friends, today I present a small preview of next skinpacks. There are examples of units of both Roman (+ Italic) and Hellenistic.
    This is just a small sample and the announcement of what I am going to give in the near future. Soon I will share skinpack of Spartan (Men of Sparta II) in two versions.

Imperial Romans:

Italians:

Macedonians:

Seleucids:

Various Greek States:

Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; May 17, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Units of next versions

Incredibly brilliant, it's nice to see some nice new stuff !
    Although i'd really like to see a better transversal crest because those coming from vanilla are , or if you have to keep them, maybe would it be possible to change the color ?
    And a last thing (always in order to see a better result from what is already a good result ), is it possible to see some non-painted parts for your blue phrygian helmet, i'm thinking about the low part of the helmet.
    But globally, the new helmets, linotorax, tunics, lorica squamata,... are awesome, i can't wait to see more. (And as always, sorry for my english if there is some mistakes)

I just have to ask, why the rainbow helmets (blue helmets, red helmets...)?

Very nice preview! I'm loving the level of variation and the uniqueness of these units.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    I just have to ask, why the rainbow helmets (blue helmets, red helmets...)?
    Because rainbows are cool! And also there is plenty of evidence for coloured helmets during this period, such as this and this, so it makes a lot of sense to have them. You'll notice that the helmets in the preview are based on these sources, so good job KLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Super7700 View Post
    Very nice preview! I'm loving the level of variation and the uniqueness of these units.

Because rainbows are cool! And also there is plenty of evidence for coloured helmets during this period, such as this and this, so it makes a lot of sense to have them. You'll notice that the helmets in the preview are based on these sources, so good job KLA!
    I don't really support taking visual historic resources so literary. That might just bee art (color-wise), art has it's liberties.

The first painting comes from a tomb, so I would assume that it's meant to be an accurate representation of the weapons and armour that the deceased used.
    Last edited by Super7700; September 13, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

lovely KLA! such great detail, variety and clever remakes of existing models. Could I ask how you removed the ant-antler from the bryastovets helmet? I tried this aswell(removing alpha) but without success. Can't wait to see sparta.

OMG!!!!!! I've just discovered this. You are THE BOSS bro, BIG BOSS !!
    +support and +rep

I am glad that you wrote opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardionso View Post
    Incredibly brilliant, it's nice to see some nice new stuff !
    Although i'd really like to see a better transversal crest because those coming from vanilla are , or if you have to keep them, maybe would it be possible to change the color ?
    And a last thing (always in order to see a better result from what is already a good result ), is it possible to see some non-painted parts for your blue phrygian helmet, i'm thinking about the low part of the helmet.
    But globally, the new helmets, linotorax, tunics, lorica squamata,... are awesome, i can't wait to see more. (And as always, sorry for my english if there is some mistakes)
    Yes, I will try to make these things.
    Actually I have pylos and few Thracian helmets with some non-painted elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Super7700 View Post

Thanks for these sources. I wanted to paste it for reply here, but you were the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    lovely KLA! such great detail, variety and clever remakes of existing models. Could I ask how you removed the ant-antler from the bryastovets helmet? I tried this aswell(removing alpha) but without success. Can't wait to see sparta.
    Unfortunately, my friend, I tested it in the game and there are horns. I don't know how delete them.

The same mistake is with tunic exomis. I removed alpha on full greek cine base model. In Variant Editor it's OK, as you see in preview. In the game alpha is removed, so tunic looks good, but faces of soldiers are ugly... If I was another - barbarian model - faces are goods, but there aren't removed alpha. :/

Icon14 [PREVIEW] Are you ready to Spartan release?

Tomorrow I will release Men of Sparta II. I was waiting for release of Emperor Edition that it will be compatible.
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; September 17, 2014 at 08:50 AM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Are you ready to Spartan release?

For the main campaign I voted for Hellenistic style, for any classical mod out there in the future, classical look of course Great job bro

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Are you ready to Spartan release?

There are finnished Spartan Pack and Roman Pack SoM II. All Hellenistic pack LoA II will be finnished this week and release in next.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Great job! +rep - goes without saying! I agree with Tenerife_Boy in what he says.

@KLAAssurbanipal why do you torture yourself with polish version of the TWR2?
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

very nice KLA!! +reps

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

If you ever have the time, could you make a version with less beards for the hellenistic units? Keep up the good work!

Thoroughly impressive work KLA. It's refreshing to see fidelity to the actual colorful nature of antiquity. Not to be a predatory jackal but I am curious what your preferences are for other mods integrating these fantastic textures? The task of working on the Hellenes for LOB is rather daunting for me, so it'd be great to refer to your work in that capacity.

Also there's a way around the issue you're having with the faces for the exomis. I believe it was GuyD who figured it out. The issue you're facing is that that model doesn't have proper LODs, so after the first or second LOD it becomes crazy like that.

Use this VMD "COMMUNITY_FULL_nobutt.VariantMeshDefinition" and you'll be good to go. http://www.mediafire.com/download/8d...v57q8/skin.rar

However, replace the code in that VMD with this code:

Code:
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    	<SLOT name="beard" >
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/COMMUNITY_FULL_barb_base_uppertorso.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_full_bearded_skinbb01_shape1.rigid_model_v2"/>
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/COMMUNITY_FULL_barb_base_uppertorso_2.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_full_bearded_skinbb01_shape1.rigid_model_v2" />
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/COMMUNITY_FULL_barb_base_uppertorso_3.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_full_bearded_skinbb01_shape1.rigid_model_v2" />
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/COMMUNITY_FULL_barb_base_uppertorso_4.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_full_bearded_skinbb01_shape1.rigid_model_v2"/>
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/COMMUNITY_FULL_barb_base_uppertorso_5.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_full_bearded_skinbb01_shape1.rigid_model_v2"/>
    	</SLOT>
    	<SLOT name="hair" >
    		<VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/community_full_barb_base_legs_notfull.rigid_model_v2" />
    	</SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    http://i.imgur.com/fJx35XN.png

On the left is at LOD3 (some distance away), which is when your current skins have the weird faces. On the right is Auto-LOD1, which is up close and personal. I've used this model, edited to work for my Numidians, and I've never encountered the weird face syndrome with them - so you should be good to go with this.
    Last edited by Ahiga; September 17, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted.

According to the guy I was helping with this at Magnar's I forgot to throw in the leg texture. So add this to your skins texture if you use my pack, KLA:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2d..._1_diffuse.dds

Sorry I just had too...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast