Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Default Re: v2.2b has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    Hello! I am a big fan of EB I (Hail BAKTRIA!) , and I'm trying to run EBII in my MacBook, I have M2TW Kingdoms in the Steam version for Mac, TATW and BC run smoothly, I instaled EB II in the same directory I installed TATW and BC ( ApplicationSupport/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/Medieval2Data/mods ) and tried to run EB II the same way I run TATW and BC but it crashes in the starting loading screen...any help?

Similar to mine, except it CTD's after I have gone through loading the game, selecting a faction and then decides to crash on me!

The path is C:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii, and it was a clean install, so I'm a little confused as to why exactly it should crash.

Default Re: v2.2b has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    Similar to mine, except it CTD's after I have gone through loading the game, selecting a faction and then decides to crash on me!

The path is C:\Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii, and it was a clean install, so I'm a little confused as to why exactly it should crash.
    I don't know why, but it always seems to crash on the first run. I'd recommend deleting the map.rwm, then trying again.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Hello! firstly cogratsulations for the latest realeash and thank you for your efforts. I playd the v2.2b only for 2-3 turns , i installed a submod, didnt like it and then i uninstall EB completelly and reinstall it in order not to have problems. BUT. every time i encounter two or more AI armies i wait very long till they merged and then just stay idle. they dont attack. i even try to attack them , they reformed and when i withdraw they didnt persue. just stayin idle. the situation was: I sieged korinthos and an AI armie came to help and attacked me. after the battle time clock finished i won and took the city. same happened with demetrias in thessaly. Is cause the AI army merge script or something with the submod ( but i made a fresh install after ) or is a known bug or am i the only one with this problem?

eb.system.log.rarTurn 113 in Epeirot campaign. There seems to be some random bug (crash) associated with the city screen - when clicking on the recruitment tab after looking at the building tab.
    I have attached the zipped error log. It is a .rar file.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    eb.system.log.rarTurn 113 in Epeirot campaign. There seems to be some random bug (crash) associated with the city screen - when clicking on the recruitment tab after looking at the building tab.
    I have attached the zipped error log. It is a .rar file.
    Random indeed:

Code:
    15:01:57.204 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/ui/unit_info/f_all/lithobolos_info.tga,213964
    15:01:57.204 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/unit_info/f_all/lithobolos_info.tga (from: C:\Medieval II Total War)
    15:02:06.339 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    Big gap between crash and previous trace, it's the memory leak bug in all likelihood.

eb.system.log.rarAnother crash - this time after playing for about 15 mins and happened on clicking on the icon to close the city screen.
    Regards
    P.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    eb.system.log.rarAnother crash - this time after playing for about 15 mins and happened on clicking on the icon to close the city screen.
    Regards
    P.
    Even without looking at the log, I can tell you that will probably be memory leak related. Did the icons get messed up a few minutes before the crash happened? You need to get Large Address Aware or another 4GB patch to ensure the game can use more than the first 4GB of memory.

Turns out to be graphics - I got the same error message when I attempted to reload the game - on checking my crossfire graphics cards they had rest to disabled.
    I use Win7 64 bit with 16G RAM. I thought the LAA tweak for 32bit systems?
    Regards
    P.

I got a CTD during a battle in my saba campaign. I dunno if this helps. I've just attached the ERROR messages that I found using Notepad++.

(Hey, I managed to get the logs to be saved!)

error EB2 log saba battle.txt

Quote Originally Posted by The First View Post
    I got a CTD during a battle in my saba campaign. I dunno if this helps. I've just attached the ERROR messages that I found using Notepad++.

(Hey, I managed to get the logs to be saved!)

error EB2 log saba battle.txt
    Not really helpful, unfortunately. There's aeons (in processor time) between the last error trace and the crash.

I've crashed repeatedly at the same battle 3 times in the row now. I've attached the zip file of the complete log, in case anybody can make sense of it.

It is weird because the battle isn't a complex one at all. Wide open flat plain. 3 troop divisions on either side. I've got my video settings on minimum as well. It's very weird as it's the second time in 2 days that my game has crashed during a battle, and it's been ages since the last time that happened.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

eb.system.log.txt.zip

Sorry, I should have made it more clear: this is a different battle from the previous crash I posted yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The First View Post
    Sorry, I should have made it more clear: this is a different battle from the previous crash I posted yesterday.
    Again, nothing:

Code:
    12:47:12.049 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 19556 in mods/EBII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:47:13.598 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    That's a really long time between trace and crash.

I'd like to give this mod a try, but judging by the number of threads where the word "crash" or "CTD" is present, I have serious doubts. On the official forum I saw the latest version is 2.2h, however from the official website I only see 2.2b. Where I should start from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    I'd like to give this mod a try, but judging by the number of threads where the word "crash" or "CTD" is present, I have serious doubts. On the official forum I saw the latest version is 2.2h, however from the official website I only see 2.2b. Where I should start from?
    Download 2.2b, which is the last full release. Follow the instructions in the thread on the main page to ensure you've installed it correctly. Run it to check it's working. Then patch to 2.2h, which corrects all sorts of bugs as well as introducing new features.

Do you advice me to install M2TW, along with its mods, into a different path than the usual C:\Program Files? I've never had any problems with the vanilla game or Kingdoms, but I've often read that it helps to avoid bugs with mods, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Do you advice me to install M2TW, along with its mods, into a different path than the usual C:\Program Files? I've never had any problems with the vanilla game or Kingdoms, but I've often read that it helps to avoid bugs with mods, is that true?
    Yes, it's in the instructions for a reason.

Installing it simply in C: is enough? Or is always better to create at least a sub-folder, like C:\Games, and then install everything into that?

Only now I read that it's actually possible to just move the installation folder instead of reinstalling from scratch... I deleted something like 25 GB of stuff.
    Last edited by Sigur Rós; March 14, 2017 at 04:48 PM.

The primary thing is that it's not in \Program Files or \Program Files (x86). Otherwise it doesn't matter, though the shorter the path, the better. Try C:\M2TW\

i cant seem to run eb 2.2b to test if it works properly. i want to do this before i patch to the newest one per the instructions on the installation page.
    my setup:
    windows 10, 32-bit, steam installed in C:program files, games (mtw2, etc) installed on external hdd i keep plugged in via usb
    already did all of the rest of the instructions listed, but it crashes on launch.
    eb.system.log.zip