Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Marvzilla's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Graphical glitch with Skaplinai (SP ?): If zoomed out it looks like they have their shields off their backs and axes in hand, when zooming in closer they have their slings out and shields on back, this only happens when they should have equipped the slings. Also weird mesh (or normal maps, no idea about anything like this) on the feathered helmet variation, one side very shiny the other very dark, similar problem occurs with one of the helmet models of the Zibultai ( again SP ? Would check in Recruitment Viewer but their names dont show up in there, one of many units affected by this).

Another small but annoying one is the game always reducing the graphic quality from highest to high if I start the game, regardless how I end it.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; December 15, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

As for the graphic quality...always make sure both ebii.cfg and medieval2.preference.cfg are set to read only after you finish editing them to get highest quality.

I suppose the graphic bug is related to that, sprites aren't nearly as good as 3D models.

Marvzilla's Avatar Ducenarius

Thanks, the first tip worked I forgot it after all the time having to edit something for MTW 2. I play the game in highest, even before that. The problem is zoomed out the unit appears as being ready for melee while zoomed in it correctly shows them using slings. After the edit the error naturally persists, it seems something with the models wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Graphical glitch with Skaplinai (SP ?): If zoomed out it looks like they have their shields off their backs and axes in hand, when zooming in closer they have their slings out and shields on back, this only happens when they should have equipped the slings.
    Units can only have one set of sprites (which is what you're seeing with the far zoomed-out view), which will be in one of their configurations.

Nothing we can do about that, it's only noticeable with the Skaplinai because they have slung shields, where lots of units have their shield in the same position regardless of whether using primary or secondary weapon.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Hello, i have a problem, it's impossible to recruit the helevetii phalanx at Raition as Aedui.
    In the recruitment viewer building required is Allied State. but in the game it's not possible

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    Hello, i have a problem, it's impossible to recruit the helevetii phalanx at Raition as Aedui.
    In the recruitment viewer building required is Allied State. but in the game it's not possible
    They appear with the late reform. It's the same for all Retainer-grade units in the Allied State.

I should probably remove it, though it would mean the Celtic pools in there are slightly oversized at the start.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 16, 2018 at 08:12 AM.

Hello,

In my first campaign with the Aedui, I have a problem with the succession system.

At the start of the game, I have choose one of my young FM with very good traits (and good influence).

Since the start of the game, there was three successions. And three times, he didn't become Faction Heir. The Heir are each time the son of the previous heir, with bad traits and no influence.

I know that it not systematic, but it happen three times. Is the succession system bugged ? Or am I very unlucky with this family member ?

The new traits system is much more complexe, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Hello,

In my first campaign with the Aedui, I have a problem with the succession system.

At the start of the game, I have choose one of my young FM with very good traits (and good influence).

Since the start of the game, there was three successions. And three times, he didn't become Faction Heir. The Heir are each time the son of the previous heir, with bad traits and no influence.

I know that it not systematic, but it happen three times. Is the succession system bugged ? Or am I very unlucky with this family member ?

The new traits system is much more complexe, but I like it.
    He had the ancillary from your FL, but didn't become the next FH?

Yes. And he kept the ancillary until his death.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Yes. And he kept the ancillary until his death.
    Noted. There is a "hidden" successor system that wasn't removed when the new one was implemented. The team will discuss this.
    EBII Council

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18