Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Tiro

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, sometimes a second faction can receive the benefits of something, even if they can't build it or get any recruitment from it.

For the former, note that Numidia can now benefit from Carthaginian Setter's Colonies in Africa, for example.
    K, got it now.

melvidh

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

I have two questions regarding the installation process.
    - To move Medieval from Programme Files I've created a virtual HD (F. However for the instllation of EB the new F: directory was slightly too small (in regards to free space available). So I've deleted Teutonics mod from the Kingdoms. Will it somehow corrupt EB II? I've heard someday that EBII uses the data from Americas mod, this one however was not deleted.
    da
    - During the installation process I repeatadely getting error message "An error occured while trying to reas source file: The source file is corrupted". The current one concerns the file data/settlements/cul_5/castle/stone_keep/cul_5_stone_keep_a.worldcollusion. How can I fix this error?
    Last edited by Legion_IX; October 21, 2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    I forget if you start with some. Do you see the advisor warning you about them? If not, you get them every 32 turns, 1 point per League government (you start with one and can build one more in the province south of you).
    I don't get the advisor warning, but i get the points. Odd.

After the scutari reform (which i can't recruit), i apparently can not build city states anymore.

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34143...355_1.jpg.html

The advisor warning stops at turn 64, it isn't actually linked to accruing the points. They carry on regardless of notification.

The Scutarii reform is a general change in Iberia, not specific to allowing you to recruit Scutarii anywhere (they only appear in southern/western Iberia).

Do you have any colony points left? Note if you cancel a queued building that uses them, you don't get the point back, it's lost forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_IX View Post
    I have two questions regarding the installation process.
    - To move Medieval from Programme Files I've created a virtual HD (F. However for the instllation of EB the new F: directory was slightly too small (in regards to free space available). So I've deleted Teutonics mod from the Kingdoms. Will it somehow corrupt EB II? I've heard someday that EBII uses the data from Americas mod, this one however was not deleted.
    That's a problem waiting to happen. We reference any number of vanilla sound files, so I'd be leery of operating with anything less than a complete M2TW Kingdoms install. Also, how are you going to have room for save games? The size of the entire build (vanilla plus EB2) is constantly increasing, especially with log files and all the rest. Skimping on hard disk space with this game is an invitation to a never-ending series of never-seen-before CTDs.

- During the installation process I repeatadely getting error message "An error occured while trying to reas source file: The source file is corrupted". The current one concerns the file data/settlements/cul_5/castle/stone_keep/cul_5_stone_keep_a.worldcollusion. How can I fix this error?
    Sounds like a corrupted download. That happened to me with one of the test torrents. Only solution is to delete EVERYTHING in the download and start over.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That's a problem waiting to happen. We reference any number of vanilla sound files, so I'd be leery of operating with anything less than a complete M2TW Kingdoms install. Also, how are you going to have room for save games? The size of the entire build (vanilla plus EB2) is constantly increasing, especially with log files and all the rest. Skimping on hard disk space with this game is an invitation to a never-ending series of never-seen-before CTDs.
    Thank you. Just delted the old virtual HD and created a new one (larger + dynamic). Though had to delete Medieval 2 from Steam and download it anew.

Sounds like a corrupted download. That happened to me with one of the test torrents. Only solution is to delete EVERYTHING in the download and start over.
    It's strange. I've downloaded now for three times EBII since yesterday. Every time from official EB FTP (not using torrents) link. However, every time got error messages regarding corrupted files. For every download there were different files. For example for the last one it were movies, for the current one these were these stone files. Downloading now EBII once again, this time from MODDB link. Any idea what might corrupt the files by every download done so far?

It's strange. I've downloaded now for three times EBII since yesterday. Every time from official EB FTP (not using torrents) link. However, every time got error messages regarding corrupted files. For every download there were different files. For example for the last one it were movies, for the current one these were these stone files. Downloading now EBII once again, this time from MODDB link. Any idea what might corrupt the files by every download done so far?
    Maybe your anti-virus is exerting a malign influence, either on the download or by interfering with the install? A workaround is to download the non-installer version, and try that instead.
    EBII Council

Maybe your anti-virus is exerting a malign influence, either on the download or by interfering with the install? A workaround is to download the non-installer version, and try that instead.
    Deactivated Windows Defender, as the only anti-virus, downloaded non-installer version three times and additionally the google drive link. Same problem.

Deactivated Windows Defender, as the only anti-virus, downloaded non-installer version three times and additionally the google drive link. Same problem.
    If you use the non-installer, it's impossible to get the "unable to read source file" message. The non-installer does not have an exe and it does not "unpack" files. It's literally, "open the archive and copy all the contents into the main M2TW directory"
    Last edited by Kull; October 21, 2017 at 11:15 PM.
    EBII Council

If you use the non-installer, it's impossible to get the "unable to read source file" message. The non-installer does not have an exe and it does not "unpack" files. It's literally, "open the archive and copy all the contents into the main M2TW directory"
    Yes, sure. When I've tried to use non-installer version, every time an error message appeared during the unzipping process. The error message was that it is inpossible to unzip the files (plenty of them) because they are corrupted. I've tried to unzipp the mod directory to Medieval's mod directory in virtual hd folder.

As an example the error message from the most current, today's download. Every time it effects different files. For the last download it was music, for the one before Pahlavi voices etc. During the setup process the installing sticks several minutes for a specific file and then I recieve such errror message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.PNG  

This error message appears by unzipping the mod from non-installer version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error2.PNG  

Tiro

Hello,

I have started a KH campaign 2.3 H/M.

I fount a rare behavior from Epeiros ( i suppose some script thingy is "guilty" here).

First i must say it seems to me 11 FM with just 3 cities is a bit too much, they are almost more than my 17 land units total at turn 0. If you put your 3 cities with low taxes to make them grow your income is negative since turn 0. So either you disband couple trirremes, put high or very high taxes and dont construct a single building neither recruit a single unit or you go take Korinthos with all forces avaliable, where FM are like half army ( as i did).
    erhh .. well... I am sure there are another approach to these first turns of KH campaign..... those are the ones i considered.

Fleets are like half world away of their "natural" area, what the heck are doing 2 KH fleets one next to Pantikapaion in N Black Sea and another in Alexandreia in S Mediterranean ( umhh this one may be doing some diplomacy with Ptolomeiaio sp?)?

So.. i sent the diplomat next to Athenai to make peace with Epeiros in turn 0. They glady accepted truce + trade + map exchange (very generous offer).

In turn 1 i assaulted and conquered Korinthos with everybody in the area minus 2 FM + 2 akontistai ( one of each in Athenai and Sparte). I moved Alexandria ships , one to Rhodos to transport Rhodos units + FM and another to Krete to pick up FL + his "army". And i made navy close to Pantikapaion head back "home".

Epeiros is "still" at peace with me and they moved their armies in Peloponnesos towards Athenai area, one army stayed next to Sparte though.

In IA turn 2 the Epeiros army next to Sparte assaulted it ( without sieging it and without siege weaps) , i deployed my FM and my akontistai in the battle map and in the same instant i pushed the "start battle" button i won the battle......
    https://imgur.com/a/2nEoP

Phyrros army ( one tile S of Korinthos) moved to the west towards Thermon though. (Umhh i have reloaded my 2nd turn and made it again to take some screenshots of the battle in Sparte and this time Phyrros army hasnt moved towards Thermon and is one tile S of Korinthos).

Makedon army in Attike ( where Chalkis sp? was in old map) is besieging Athenai now.

In my turn 3 i offered Epeiros truce + trade again ( very generous offer) and they have "glady" accepted, both times, with Phyrros going Thermon or staying S of Korinthos.

I am gonna "deal" with makedons in Athenai while you can "investigate" this

Regards:

melvidh
    PD: "United by common purpous" screen has poped in turn 3, i havent played more turns so maybe i am rushing here but i think some "clues" should be added at the botton of that screen telling us what we need to do to start the KH goverment reform ( if that isnt going to come in some other pop up screen later)

This error message appears by unzipping the mod from non-installer version.
    Ah, yes. You are using Windows itself to unzip it? I've noticed sometimes it is incompatible with the file format of the compressed archive. Try using 7zip:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Keep getting access denied trying to install 2.3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    Keep getting access denied trying to install 2.3
    Can you delete that mods/ebii folder so that it's guaranteed not to exist and try the installer one more time? Maybe you have to run it as administrator for some reason?

Number of FMs and starting fleet positions for KH are intentional. One is securing the grain trade with the Bosporos, the other the ferrying a diplomat to make overtures towards the Ptolemaioi.

Your peace with Epeiros in turn 0 interfered with the normal order of things, they're scripted to attack Sparte on T1.

I can't. I am the administrator. I'm the only user period. It always says access denied whenever I try to do anything. It also has no files in it

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys, I had a somewhat extraordinary CTD. It happened after loading a battle as Sauromatae against the remnants of what was a Bosphoran army. After the loading screen the game got very slow and after a few seconds it crashed. Some of the units in the Bosphoran army seems to cause the issue. Here is the log-file. I hope it will be helpful.

eb.system.log.txt.7z

Tiro

Number of FMs and starting fleet positions for KH are intentional. One is securing the grain trade with the Bosporos, the other the ferrying a diplomat to make overtures towards the Ptolemaioi.

Umh i guessed the Ptolomaioi part then , i didnt know about the grain trade although. if thats the case, why dont KH have a trade agreement with KB since turn 0? it would have sense, right?

Your peace with Epeiros in turn 0 interfered with the normal order of things, they're scripted to attack Sparte on T1.
    Puff... and how is KH supposed to fight in Sparte in turn 1? i mean.. i could have used the forces that took Korinthos.. but then ... i would have had all the casualties of that battle, and Phyrros or the other Epeiros army ( i am supposing here i would have won that first battle in Sparte) close to Sparte + makedon faction in "full force". Dunno when AI plays the 3 factions but when KH is human.. the start is "inhuman" ( on the other hand i started a makedon campaign ( and some others just to check stuff and read here and there) and what i saw of makedon turn 0 scared me ) . Quintus i must say i dont like at all Team view of "the normal order of things" playing as KH, poor guys .....
    Otherwise theyll prevail under my wise rule!! ( darn i cant add some trumpet sounds here). It is turn 15 and only 2 turn left till Demetrias surrender ( or sally out more likely) due to food shortage. But Phyrrus has just assaulted Thermon and Epeiros has there now 2 full stacks... bah, and makedons have another full stack in Pella in addition of the one sieged in Demetrias. These KH first turn are very chalenging id say.
    Ill need to play makedon someday to find out how that mess i saw in turn 0 can have a "happy ending" i bet it wont be easy neither.

Other thing i have realiced is that not sure if Agoge is working. I have had my first FM comming of an age and i sent him from Atenai , where is father was, to Sparte. One turn later he had not started the agoge, i have checked the trigger in export_descr_character_traits.txt and i see:

;------------------------------------------
    ; Spartan Agoge Triggers
    Trigger Spartan_Agoge_Begins
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition CharacterIsLocal
    and SettlementName sett_090 ; Sparte
    and Trait SpartanAgoge < 1
    and CharacterAge > 24
    and CharacterAge < 19

Affects SpartanAgoge 1 Chance 100
    Affects SpartanTraining 1 Chance 100
    Affects AgogeProgressCounter 1 Chance 100

If my maths arent wrong only a FM older than 24 AND younger than 19 would start it , right? Shoulnt that be something like:

; Spartan Agoge Triggers
    Trigger Spartan_Agoge_Begins
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition CharacterIsLocal
    and SettlementName sett_090 ; Sparte
    and Trait SpartanAgoge < 1
    and CharacterAge < 24
    and CharacterAge > 19

Affects SpartanAgoge 1 Chance 100
    Affects SpartanTraining 1 Chance 100
    Affects AgogeProgressCounter 1 Chance 100

So a FM younger than 24 and older than 19 would start it, right?

Regards:

melvidh