Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

How to I set up full screen 2.1? The CFG fix I used for 2.0 doesn't work, the file is different...

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    How to I set up full screen 2.1? The CFG fix I used for 2.0 doesn't work, the file is different...
    I think I managed to find the solution myself.

Yes, they've made some changes to the EBII.cfg file.

Here's what I think you should do:

EBII.cfg
    No changes. Windowed = 1 and borderless_window = 1 are already both active.

medieval2.preference.cfg (set this file to read_only!)
    battle_resolution = 1440 900
    campaign_resolution = 1440 900

(Replace 1440 and 900 with your desktop resolution settings for width and height, respectively. If you don't know what those are, right click desktop and go to display propertis).

a question
    with an eventual update do we will need this version 2.01 ? or we will be able to upgrade with 2.0 ?
    i ask this because i didn't have problems with the instalation and for now it's not worth donwloading the whole thing just for the 302nd crahs

This update requires standalone installation (removing the previous install). If that's the case with future updates, you will never need to start from 2.01 (or any version) since you'll have to install fresh.

this is my first experience with EB mod. I hope i will like it, it looks really good so far, a lot of work from you guys, nice job.
    I downloaded and i am seeding on Torrent i will seed all through this weekend, perhaps even more after too.

any tips? xD

Biarchus

This may not be the place to ask but I didn't want to start another new thread.

In window mode, Is there a way to set the default window large so that it covers most of my monitor? My battle map and campaign map are both set to 1024 x 768.
    My window is very small. I can drag the edges larger but it doesn't always expand and it usually spends 30 seconds or so thinking while it try's expanding. It's very annoying having a small picture.

medieval2.preference.cfg (set this file to read_only!)
    battle_resolution = 1440 900
    campaign_resolution = 1440 900
    Of course, replace 1440 and 900 with the window settings you choose. Not all values are legal.

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Hello there!

First of all GOOD JOB EB Team, really NICE ONE

Yesterday I remembered to play EBI and to my surprise EBII was already rolling since August. Great Surprise indeed.

So after failing to launch EB 2.0 I got lucky with 2.01 version just being released and now works just fine, I started to play today.

Sorry if I sound peaky but was it suppose for some factions not to have a family tree? I can't seem to access them for factions like KH and Arevaci but they exist on QH or the Romans. Also the Arevaci banners show that SPQR eagle.

Anyways seeing this still on the works, please continue with this great job

For the full screen I used "-d1366x768" on the shortcut target and it worked for me
    It should be like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\launch.bat" -d1366x768 (change to your resolution here)
    Please try this to see if it works with other people.

Best Regards

Hi, I have a question, if anyone knows the answer, please reply!

There are some shortcuts in the folder EBII named: " launch-cine-edit " and " launch-cine-edit-render "

Does someone know what this data does?

Thanks in advance!

Greets Marc

Biarchus

Turns out I can change it in the video options... Sometimes I wonder why I ask without trying some trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiuga View Post
    Sorry if I sound peaky but was it suppose for some factions not to have a family tree? I can't seem to access them for factions like KH and Arevaci but they exist on QH or the Romans.
    Item #10
    EBII Council

As my M2TW vanila is not getting to work due to Gamersgate key is not activating it anymore, can i run a kingdoms campaign then run the mod?

So what are the priorities for the next big patch?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Just to confirm - this is a COMPLETE download, not an incremental update to the v2.0 download (so you only need this one)
    I'm having a problem here, the previous EBII worked just fine, after uninstalling it and installing EB 2.01, it wouldn't launch at all (i'm using the non-Steam shortcut) I don't understand why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    So what are the priorities for the next big patch?
    Assuming that 2.01 fixed all the installer problems (if not, might have to do something sooner):

- All the reforms working properly
    - All the culture issues clarified and fixed (where not working)
    - Unit stats adjusted to resolve remaining issues
    - BAI/CAI upgrades
    - Typos/Graphics issues as identified (silver surfer spears are now fixed in the dev build, for example)
    - New units if developed and ready

But the main focus is to firm up all the features that should be working. New content will be bonus, and the kind of thing worked on by folks who aren't tasked with the myriad of fixes.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Moorafrica View Post
    I'm having a problem here, the previous EBII worked just fine, after uninstalling it and installing EB 2.01, it wouldn't launch at all (i'm using the non-Steam shortcut) I don't understand why?
    Describe exactly what is happening, please.
    EBII Council

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

So no Marian units?

Kull, do i need to start a vanila campaign to get the mod to work? Can i start one of kingdoms campaign instead?

Thanks for the quick answer! I've tried with Transmission for now, and although it has a similar setting it does not speed up the download. I'll try with uTorrent as soon as I can.