Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Civis

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

My M2TW is a steam version installed on the D Drive. Where should I install the mod because the installer doesn't specify where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by TrizzyG View Post
    My M2TW is a steam version installed on the D Drive. Where should I install the mod because the installer doesn't specify where it should be.
    It should be in a subfolder of the main M2TW directory, \mods\EBII\

I hope your M2TW installation isn't in Program Files.

Hi, sorry to be another hapless new person!
    I did a fresh install to C:\MED2etc and EB2 is installed there in a modfolder alongside kingdoms mods, so that all looks good but...
    Whenever I start the game it only opens up for about 5 seconds and then it says Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit...
    Any thoughts on what step I've missed out?

Blast I can't see how to edit or delete!
    Just wanted to mention I have run M2 vanilla and started a campaign before playing EB2

delra's Avatar Praepositus

You need 50 posts to be allowed to edit/delete, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bobob306 View Post
    Hi, sorry to be another hapless new person!
    I did a fresh install to C:\MED2etc and EB2 is installed there in a modfolder alongside kingdoms mods, so that all looks good but...
    Whenever I start the game it only opens up for about 5 seconds and then it says Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit...
    Any thoughts on what step I've missed out?
    Could you try installing the latest patch and see if it works? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It should be in a subfolder of the main M2TW directory, \mods\EBII\

JMJ -

So the mod won't work if my steam folder is inside the Program Files (x86) file?

YBIC
    Mike

Installed EBII, finally.

Glad I have, the game is absolutely beautiful and so crisp and smooth. A LOT of work has gone into this wonderful mod!

I especially like the descriptions of troops etc. in loading screens; If you're gonna have to wait why not learn something? I like the very relevant advice in the installer too : )

To make above posts crystal clear (I mean wow!!! Next mod I install will be TATW and their forum is a mess... for clear install instructions... Even finding files is a problem!), here is exactly how I installed the game on PC, non steam version:

N.B. - I use Win 8, CD install, MTWII with Kingdoms installed 1.5.

Download EBII201.zip from this post.

Right click SEGA folder in program files (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA) and choose 'Properties', Deselect 'Read Only', 'apply', 'ok'.

Extract files from EBII201.zip to a folder named what you like on your Desktop.

Double click 'EBII application' file within that folder to start installer.

Install through installer to - C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    ^ This file path should be identified in installer, Installer creates mod folder EBII (...\mods\EBII)
    Run the game from one of two shortcuts created (One steam the other non Steam on desktop by installer file- "Europa Barbarorum II (for non-Steam installs)" ) - But installation isn't finished yet...

Start a campaign then exit (This creates some files needed before patch / fix - EBII v2.04d.zip)

N.B. For some reason when I loaded the game it started in an off centre windowed kind of mode. So, as described in an above post :

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

Open EBII.cfg in notepad

Find and edit these entries-

[video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1

Edit To -

[video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = 0
    borderless_window = 0

Then game will run fullscreen. (...)

Download the update fix - File version currently - " EDIT23 (25/8/15): EBII v2.04d.zip." (link)

Make sure you have run the game and started and quit a campaign to create necessary files for fix to work.

Unzip the folder EBII v2.04d.zip, extract files to a desktop folder you can name anything.

Copy and paste folder and file (Data and HugeCremove.bat) from 'extracted to' folder over the following file location via path -

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII
    ^ Paste folder and file 'Data and HugeCremove.bat', into this folder!
    ^
    Refresh folder. (Right click in folder and select refresh)

Double click 'HugeCremove.bat' - command window will open execute and close.

Start game from the icon created on desktop that states 'Europa Barbarorum II (for non-Steam installs)' <<< Double Click!

Wait for a while whilst new files are created as game loads, as described in above posts, then again when you choose your campaign game there may be a delay as files are created. (I waited about 2 minutes)

Have fun!

(I am!)
    Last edited by MadKnight; August 26, 2015 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjsanta83 View Post
    So the mod won't work if my steam folder is inside the Program Files (x86) file?
    This shouldn't be a problem for Steam users. I've never had a problem with my installation being in the default Steam directory (under \Program Files (x86)\). Then again, my computer is set up to run in Administrator mode, so I may have avoided those so-called "security features" from screwing up my installation...

Quote Originally Posted by MadKnight View Post
    N.B. For some reason when I loaded the game it started in an off centre windowed kind of mode. So, as described in an above post :

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

Open EBII.cfg in notepad

Find and edit these entries-

[video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1

Edit To -

[video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = 0
    borderless_window = 0

Then game will run fullscreen. (...)
    No, don't do this. Go into the EBII.cfg, and change the resolution to match your screen. Also check the medieval2.preferences.cfg, and ensure that is the same. Windowed, borderless mode is more stable than forcing fullscreen.

No, don't do this. Go into the EBII.cfg, and change the resolution to match your screen. Also check the medieval2.preferences.cfg, and ensure that is the same. Windowed, borderless mode is more stable than forcing fullscreen.
    OK, Thanks!

I'm going to try this. Had a few crashes so far, but seems stable now after 35 turns.

Referring to installs

Switch off (disable) "UAC user account control" before you apply game/mod. You can enable UAC once the game/mod aterwards.

I have EBII , Third Age TW and Stainless Steel 6.4 all installed without UAC and all are v.stable. I install in default (non-steam) directory.. /programfilesx86.

Laetus

Hey guys, don't know but I'm trying to get the torrent file to download the mod but it seems it has crashed. Is the link damaged?

Guys can some1 plz help me !!! Ive instaled 2.01 ( without having 2.0 ) evrinthing ive done as have it written here, but soon as i click on my desk top icon EBII non-steam and my game starts and there is not movie to load for game or something usual for evry game, it just go to game menu BUT WITHOUT ANY OPTION AS : SINGL PLAYER ; MULTYPLAYER ; TUTORIAL .... AND SO > THIS IS MY MAIN PROBLEM, ALSO WHEN I DO LEFT CLICK ON THAT "INVISIBLE MENU" IT SAYS MEDEIVEL ll TOTAL WAR STOP WORKING AND I NEED TO CLOSE LIKE CTRL+ALT+ DELETE.
    PLZ help me this is great mod and i would like to trie it, all the best for the team who made it, wish them all the best !!!

Guys can some1 plz help me !!! Ive instaled 2.01 ( without having 2.0 ) evrinthing ive done as have it written here, but soon as i click on my desk top icon EBII non-steam and my game starts and there is not movie to load for game or something usual for evry game, it just go to game menu BUT WITHOUT ANY OPTION AS : SINGL PLAYER ; MULTYPLAYER ; TUTORIAL .... AND SO > THIS IS MY MAIN PROBLEM, ALSO WHEN I DO LEFT CLICK ON THAT "INVISIBLE MENU" IT SAYS MEDEIVEL ll TOTAL WAR STOP WORKING AND I NEED TO CLOSE LIKE CTRL+ALT+ DELETE.
    PLZ help me this is great mod and i would like to trie it, all the best for the team who made it, wish them all the best !!!
    I also want to play 2.05 ...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Honest question here: who honestly downloads the modesty patch? I think we've all seen a donger before, even the ladies who play EB II, if they exist (I've only known a handful of girls to frequent this forum overall). Or is there some other reason I'm just not thinking of for why someone would need this? Are they playing this mod in front of small children?

As a father of two small girls I can certify that small children are not intimidated or scared or whatever by "dongers" at all. And they know what is the difference between the two sexes.

But that might well be a merely Central European outlook. Austro-Hungarian empire was lucky not having to go through "Victorian" period of hypocrisy which took 100+ years to overcome. Instead we got quite another set of plagues in the meantime to reel under to this day...

Truth be told when i first got to play EB1 i was 14 or so and i used the modesty patch just so i woudnt have that awkward moment when my dad would come to see what i was doing in the PC and by coincidence i'd be using or fighting the naked units.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    As a father of two small girls I can certify that small children are not intimidated or scared or whatever by "dongers" at all. And they know what is the difference between the two sexes.

But that might well be a merely Central European outlook. Austro-Hungarian empire was lucky not having to go through "Victorian" period of hypocrisy which took 100+ years to overcome. Instead we got quite another set of plagues in the meantime to reel under to this day...
    I like how you're playing of EB II is an exercise that the whole family can enjoy. Well, little ones have to be watched over at all times...there's no break to being a father!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Truth be told when i first got to play EB1 i was 14 or so and i used the modesty patch just so i woudnt have that awkward moment when my dad would come to see what i was doing in the PC and by coincidence i'd be using or fighting the naked units.
    I'm imagining this hypothetical conversation between you and your Brazilian dad. "Son, I just want you to know that if this is your lifestyle and preference, you have my full love and support, but please, for the sake of our family, don't partake in the São Paulo pride parade looking like the men I found in your homoerotic video game."

I cant get 2.01 to load. Just downloaded the torrent but every time I start the game the options screen tells me its version 1.52.

I'm using the Steam version and followed the download instructions to the tee. So far I've uninstalled EB2 twice and deleted the folder from the mods section in order to reinstall cleanly with no change in results.

Clue me in as to what I'm doing wrong...thx.