Thread: Income problem at start of my games

Default Income problem at start of my games

Hi guys i played a lot of mods and vanilla of course and i can manage well with VH/VH most of the time but now i'm trying this mod in first time and at start always my coffers going minus. Is this a bug or something or is it doing on purpose to challange players ? I mean i cannot even carry my starting troops at turn 2 i'm starting to get indebt. Any recommendetion for me ? Seems nice mod and different from others so i want to play. Any suggestions for me ? thanks in advance.

Default Re: Income problem at start of my games

Do u start VH campaign on this mod too? cause i think H is recomended(for battles VH is okay).Which faction u play?
    cant recall,is it that hard, but its not easy at start.disaband, or sack settlements right away.regarding mod, one of my favorites, u should try it.

I tried to play on VH but when i saw the income i turned to medium difficulty. Now im playing as Scotland. In turn one the starting troops i had like 2000 outcome. When i build 2 building and at turn 2 my all starting money already depleted.

In first few turns i stacked an army as usually i do with everytime in game. But here when i do i instantly go -5k gold in so little time.

After i disband or killed many of my armies only then income starts to come again. but this is absurd i can't play a nation with 5 unit ?

Any idead what to do. Really in income kings purse is drastically decreased, and other incomes too because in any other mod/vanilla game at least i can afford to have some units more than 10. Any ideas ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First turns.jpg   after with few men.jpg  

Too many of those generals units: not only are the knights in the bodyguard rather expensive, but also you pay wages for the character.

It's important to start taking settlements, as obviously when you start getting income from 6 settlements instead of 3, that is a lot more coming in.

U maid my interest so i've starded H campaign with scots(i always wanted,never acctually played them).At starts it is hard, like its hard with every other small/poor faction.I play this mod a lot,and ussualy play late/renaissance era with serbia.i think its harder to play earlier era's then those cause of the undeveloped settlements.i had more trouble with scots,then with serbs,prob cause of the early era,and bad position for scots, also, when u play orthodox factions there are no pope missions that boost ur relations and give u no money/units.
    lets get to the point.i've managed to overcome financial problems, so here's what i've done.

at first turn, got trade rights with england and boarded diplomat on boat to sail him to the continent.very high tax rade for edinburg.i'va gathered whole army to send them away on rebel settlement Carraig Fheaghais on west cause its larger then Inverness and that means more money when sacking.next turn i got mission to take Inverness settlement, so i've switched my direction and third turn took Invernes.sacked them for small amount of money but took 2500 fiorins award for succesfull mission.(I advise u too do the opposite,cause u can actually trick the game, take ur armies north, and u'll get "take settlement" mission for bigger settlement(west) ).

after that i've disabanded almost all units,and killed off one general(done this later again for one that came of age).once i've reached continent with diplomat i've disabanded boat too.now the most important part: buildings and use of diplomacy.

first off all, don't build any of the unit buildings nor churches.start immediately with money boosting buildings like dirt roads.build roads, land clearances,farms,towns, villages, for all of three settlements and for edingburgh eventually anchorage,toll road and then market.u'll need 20'somethin turns to build all that.

regarding diplomacy.go accros whole europte with ur diplomat and make trade rights with everyone,while offering trade rights offer map informations to everyone, while demanding specific amount of fiorins.probably every faction will accept this,while the amount of ur demand should be proportional to their wealth.offering trade rights+map informations+demanding money saved my economy on start.i've managed to take 200-300-500 even 1000 fiorins per faction that way.for instance france and hre gave my 500, venice 700, papal states 600,hungary 1000,poland 1000,bulgarians 200,mognols 400,turks 700 etc.i've "sold" alliance to serbia and byzantium for 1000 each.
    that way i've managed to have somethin built every turn,and even had money to pay small tribute to england to boost relations with them,cause i was scared of their possible attack(had no army,4 generals,and 3 units...),didnt boost it that much, but they didnt attack,they were busy with rebels.

around turn 30, all money/roads/farms/trade buildings were constructed, then i've started converting Dumbarton to larger settlement.u dont have to do that right away.
    and after that,start building unit buildings, or wait few turns too gain more money and build army,cause its goddamn time to march west to conqer irleand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.jpg   19.jpg   26.jpg   32.jpg  

how u manage with Serbia this finance problem?

Same strategy like with scotland Attack, sack, disaband, build, wait...