Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Purchased] New laptop and CPU selection help, please.

Default Re: New laptop and CPU selection help, please.

Looks in pretty good condition. Is there some return policy?

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Looks in pretty good condition. Is there some return policy?
    Unfortunately, no. I am taking a chance with Craigslist. The guy claims that it is in like new condition and said he was an IT professional (you know, to gain credibility I suppose), and that he has taken very good care of it. I am going to go through it and test it out a good bit before I actually buy it. It does look nice, though, and I read that those laptops, in particular, actually run very well, very cool and will provide the performance that I need.

Here's to hoping it is not too good to be true!
    Last edited by TestudoAubreii; September 17, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by TestudoAubreii View Post
    Unfortunately, no. I am taking a chance with Craigslist. The guy claims that it is in like new condition and said he was an IT professional (you know, to gain credibility I suppose), and that he has taken very good care of it. I am going to go through it and test it out a good bit before I actually buy it. It does look nice, though, and I read that those laptops, in particular, actually run very well, very cool and will provide the performance that I need.

Here's to hoping it is not too good to be true!
    im an it professional and sincerely my notebook looks like trash

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by karamazovmm View Post
    im an it professional and sincerely my notebook looks like trash
    lol...yeah. I posted pictures of it on the first page. It looks pretty nice.

My old laptop looks like it's held together by dirt, with one chassis panel not holding properly after a hard meeting with pavement, haven't been cleaned properly, except for occassional dusting and regular compressed air runs through vent, for whole time it served me, which was over 6 years. But despite all that (or because of it), it still runs.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

indeed it does.

that notebook when it was new it was around 1100 bucks, so the price is in line with a depreciation of 33% per year in electronics

anyway, take a chance its a better buy than the envy, the build quality is certainly better, still not up to apple standards.

however I would still advise on looking for the y50 there are several coupons around and it can be score for around 850, its going to have a 300% more powerful GPU and maxwell is better than kepler on compute. not that the 750 ti is the god on earth for that, but its better than the 640 which is what the 660m is.

PS notice the lack of m on the name of some GPUs, it means isn't mobile

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Default Re: New laptop and CPU selection help, please. UPDATED: 09/25/2014

UPDATE:

Hey. So, I have had my "new" ASUS ROG since Sunday and I am pretty happy with it. It is in really nice condition. It is really fast. I can boot up in an instant and all Adobe Creative Cloud programs, i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator...etc, open up in flash. I have only installed and tried a few games (Medieval II Total War, Just Cause 2 and Mount and Blade Warband), and it seems to handle them pretty well. One thing that has totally amazed me is the cooling system. This thing stays cool. All of the heat shoots out of the back and there is no noise coming out of it, at all.

Let me ask you guys this: How long do you think that this will last, I mean as far as being able to keep up with things like Photoshop and stuff? It is pretty quick as it is and I don't know how much quicker it can get. Also, I don't see it becoming irrelevant in the near future, even though it is two years old already. Just thought I'd ask your opinions.

Thanks!

It will last until you have enough cash to buy another laptop and are just fed from it. There...i said the thing that you wanted to here.
    Congrats & enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    It will last until you have enough cash to buy another laptop and are just fed from it. There...i said the thing that you wanted to here.
    Congrats & enjoy.
    lol...thanks and I will!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12