Thread: New GC Map

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default New GC Map

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: New GC Map

no, the augustus campaign map is only for that campaign mode
    the gc map will stay the same

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Check the new faction map links especially Rome. I confess I don't really remember what was before but Beneventum instead of Neapolis ?

The Carthage map now shows they have provinces in Africa which was previously owned by Nova Carthago.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

ok, that's odd
    i'm pretty sure ca said nothing is going to change in gc map except that armenia will be playable

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

i hope they change I liked the new map

however.... I don't really remember the old wiki entries and history revisions there point to 2012 changes

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I'm sure they wont use the EE map. However the last time I look at that page was like 2 year ago. In any case many mods I think replaced Carthage regions already but I'm interested in the Roman map. Changing Neapolis to an inland settlement will probably make many existing save game, even with patch 15 beta incompatible.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I'm sure they wont use the EE map. However the last time I look at that page was like 2 year ago. In any case many mods I think replaced Carthage regions already but I'm interested in the Roman map. Changing Neapolis to an inland settlement will probably make many existing save game, even with patch 15 beta incompatible.
    It already is.

If you want to have the new build tree that is

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Those 2 pages' history shows the last time they were updated was in December 2012. I guess those are 0.? version of the game.
    Riddle me this, riddle me that:
    Who was my first commander?
    How many of me are active right now?
    And who drank a Delacourt '27 when received the commandership of me?

The pictures in those wiki entries reflect pre-release promotional images. And by pre-release I mean last year. Even then, it was created in 2012 and meant to advertise. Hardly citation material.

Remember what it looked like 2 years ago? Well it hasn't changed, if you considered the edit history. Inaccurate then, inaccurate now. I see no reason why thye would remedy that today or in the near future.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

sad that the official wiki is not a reliable source for the game

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I hope they will....

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Actually, the map of the faction previews was an alpha version, according to CA, which was later changed. IIRC the previews used to show Thessaly controlled by both the Macedons and the Epirots, so no the GC map remains the same. You can view the history of the wiki page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthage
    (cur | prev) 12:13, 14 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,304 bytes) (+1)‎ (cur | prev) 12:07, 14 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,303 bytes) (+2,300)‎ (cur | prev) 12:06, 14 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ m . . (3 bytes) (0)‎ . . (Protected "Total War: Rome II - Carthaginian Faction" (‎[edit=sysop] (indefinite) ‎[move=sysop] (indefinite))) (cur | prev) 12:06, 14 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (3 bytes) (+3)‎ . . (Created page with "413")
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/index.php?t...action=history
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    cur | prev) 14:26, 22 December 2012‎ Myselfnapoleon (Talk | contribs)‎ m . . (2,231 bytes) (+1)‎ . . (added an s to bring) (cur | prev) 12:09, 14 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,230 bytes) (-7)‎ (cur | prev) 10:04, 6 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,237 bytes) (-1)‎ (cur | prev) 15:07, 5 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,238 bytes) (+61)‎ (cur | prev) 15:05, 5 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,177 bytes) (-2)‎ (cur | prev) 15:05, 5 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,179 bytes) (-2)‎ (cur | prev) 15:03, 5 December 2012‎ Will CA (Talk | contribs)‎ . . (2,181 bytes) (+2,181)‎ . . (Created page with "{{DISPLAYTITLE:ROME}} 700px‎ '''Rome''' caption ''...")
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/index.php?t...action=history

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

They should, but they won't.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Ward View Post
    They should, but they won't.
    They should its just a lot of copypast work they have to do, if they did it it would be done in 2 days.
    I will not do it! Because I would it up!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

They shouldn't change it, because if they did, it'd break save-game compatibility. Let mods change it.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)