Page 74 of 529 FirstFirst ... 244964656667686970717273747576777879808182838499124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 10562

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Press Tv confirms that Deir Ezzor is almost captured by ISIS

15october since then SAA got onto the offensive also in Al-Huwayjah. And now some magical Jihad emerged out of the sand and routed the government forces all the way to Palmyra?
    And can you give a link to your claim? Maybe because Deir Ezzor city was already under Allah's control that doesn't mean they are winning now...
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well if you see press tv(which is an iranian and pro-assad site)it claims that ISIL has captured many districts in the city

This is a map of 19 october 2013 when the green elves stll were doing a fine job.
    i quote wikipedia:
    On 14 July, ISIS took control of all rebel controlled neighborhoods after expelling Nusra and other rebel groups from the provincial capital.[89] One day later ISIS executed the rebel commander of al-Nusra in Deir Ezzor.[90]
    On 3 September, ISIS launched an attempt to capture the Deir-ez-Zor military airport, but the attempt was repelled and ISIS forces were forced to retreat 3km from the base while the Army launched airstrikes on ISIS positions. ISIS lost a total of at least 47 fighters.[92]
    On 16 September, a Syrian Army special unit conducted an operation that demolished the ISIS controlled Al Siyasa bridge in Deir Ez-zor, smashing the supply route from the countryside into the city.[95]
    On 6 October, a SAF Hind Helicopter and an infantry contingent bombarded ISIS fighters early in the morning killing more than 40 of them.[96]
    On 11 October, SAA stormed the Al-Ba’ajeen School in the Jubeileh district of the city. The school was used by IS as a headquarter.[97]
    On 14 October, clashes between SAA and IS erupted on Saqer Island, just North of the airport. [98]
    you can see above that that was an offensive of SAA so you are mistaken

We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

PressTV doesn't claim anything. Even pro-Salafi fool Cedric Labrousse:

http://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilw...a_is_close_to/
    Miss me yet?

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Are you really using reddit as a source?

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

lol Edward Snowden "reveals" in a document that the ISIS leader Ibrahim al-Baghdadi is U.S, U.K and Israeli intelligence asset.

That's an odd, and overly absurd claim.

https://twitter.com/p_vanostaeyen/st...280576/photo/1

That had to sting. ISA now spamming USAF with mocking Hashtags over their supplying them and even listening to YPG who are hopped up on drugs

http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/fr/map/.../34.877/39.397

It has its shortcoming like the Wiki maps, but its largely accurate.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=689325754508664

Hmm this is interesting, Badr Brigades and Peshmerga going at it. KDP Peshmerga must have failed to show Iran some respect.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    lol Edward Snowden "reveals" in a document that the ISIS leader Ibrahim al-Baghdadi is U.S, U.K and Israeli intelligence asset.

How? America has always been the biggest sponsor of terrorism and religious fundamentalism, together with Saudi Arabia. Plus America benefits from what ISIS does. They are just useful idiots who help justify American/Zionist interventionism in the region.

Might want to read this to get an Idea of what has been done in the past . I promise Snowden's claim will not feel so "odd, and overly absurd" anymore.

( Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/15/us...dom-works.html )
    ( edit: punctuation )
    Last edited by Humanoid293; October 22, 2014 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    Oh you post Ninja, I even had some witty one liners ready.

Ah well, this was bound to happen when the USAF relies on YPG propaganda statements rather than actual live camera footage. USAF wound up having to attempt to destroy half the drops because they realized too late ISA had control of the DZs. That and ISA SVBIEDed the YPG's main ammo depot yesterday.
    You don't air drop based on propaganda and when air dropping in a tight combat zone you expect some cargo to land on the wrong side. The idea USAF relied solely on YPG statements for combat drops is kind of ridiculous. It's simply: Any air drop reaching Kurdish fighters is immensely more valuable than any misplaced cargo drop IS catches. because the later have enough ammo and weapons already.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Comes Limitis

Well, on record he was detained by USA for 6 years.

And yes, American history. And yes, the new way to do Empire, which can not be territorial, but has to be financial and idelogical. Look who USA's best friends in the region are. And again look at American history around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

And again look at American history around the world.
    Looks pretty good to me since I don't have my second generation Japanese slave cleaning my estate in Hokkaido or my indentured German servant mowing my lawn.

But stay consistent it all America's fault nobody else has any agency at all etc etc etc...

In any case sure good, bad, misguided, misdirected, erratic, full of mistakes and also very good achievements, like everyone else and on balance better than many.
    Last edited by conon394; October 22, 2014 at 06:21 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...source=twitter

Reuters finally catches up two days later. Any event, it looks like ISA is trying to clear this pocket from the North, then push down the main road to Brigade 137. Be difficult to pull off with the bridges destroyed, but if they rebuild the bridges and/or Ayash with its associated Military installations its doable. But the main problem as I pointed out in a previous post is Brigade 137. From that base SAA can range by both indirect and direct fire the surrounding area.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20141022/1944...s-Reports.html

ISA is getting bolder.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/1...0IA1X020141021

Well this charade of US Involvement is just getting downright embarrassing and does more to strengthen IS than weakens it. Seriously, Turkey is the only country with sense in all this mess.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...es-are-doomed/

Someone gets it.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

seriously, Turkey is the only country with sense in all this mess.
    Really how would characterize that sense. Risking the internal stability by causing the PKK to break off talks. Allowing and abetting the growth id ISIS an organization that if left alone as already more or less made clear it has no use for Turkey as a state, annoying its NATO allies ... but go ahead policy savant tell me what Turkey is achieving.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Oh right, we are to blame again, accept the refugees and get your answer with street vandalism, looting and killing and we are the ones that break off the talks.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Oh right, we are to blame again, accept the refugees and get your answer with street vandalism, looting and killing and we are the ones that break off the talks.
    Funding rebel groups to overthrow the Syrian govenrment including allowing Islamists all the way to extreme jiahdists groups to use Turkish land to conduct combat operations against the Syrina army from inside Turkey.

Stop acting like your country is a victim. Your country involved itself in the war and is now dealing with the consequences.
    Last edited by Vanoi; October 22, 2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

The SAA has shot down 2 planes from ISIS, one more to go

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...583069,00.html
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Are you really using reddit as a source?
    That's a list of Tweets by a pro-cutthroat user. He banned me from his Twitter after calling the French Revolutionaries criminals.
    Miss me yet?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...want-to-know/?

He may be a despicable traitor who got off with a slap on the wrist, but Ollie North does get it right this time.

http://musingsoniraq.blogspot.com/

An expert reveals just how difficult it is to get a straight picture out of Iraq, mainly because the Pesmerga and ISF talk out of their @$$ with regards to what they are actually accomplishing. Zumar for example is still under IS control despite the Peshmerga claiming to have liberated it months ago and 10 times since. Rabia also comes to mind. Kobane is a Syrian Example.

Which brings me to the next point: Kobane is not special. Ramadi has been resisting ISA for nearly a year of constant non-stop battles between anti-IS Sunni Tribes who don't want to give up their smokes, booze, and belly dancers, and who can blame them?

You hardly hear of Ramadi and next to nothing about al-Waer in the Mainstream Media.

And for that matter, Amerli's Citizens put up a far better fight than YPG did, ISA never entered their city.