Page 84 of 529 FirstFirst ... 3459747576777879808182838485868788899091929394109134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 10562

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad82 View Post
    Poor sod. It is truly unjust that after everything he and his brothers in arms did for their people (what, I don't know exactly, since half of Syria is lost) they have such rough times. And who cares about a few barrel bombs and rapes? War is hell.

Also, I noticed one of those who posted a comment below the footage has a caricature critical of Hamas while showing support for the Syrian army.
    ​So you condone barrel bombing innocent civilians and rape? Wow that is truly messed up.
    Last edited by Tiberios; October 30, 2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Continuity

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

what do the usa has to gain from fighting isis? I would said leave them the **** alone and let it play out. usa doesn't need the oil anymore. for israel? **** israel if that is the only reason. the more I read about this, the more stupid it looks. to stop the atrocities? there were atrocities/genocides happening in africa, we didn't bat an eye, why is this special? leave it and let them sort it out by themselves. the only way for usa to stop this is to put 500k troops back into iraq. why the *** do we do this? ****ing waste of tax money and lives. and for what? ****ing bush and his revenge and religious bs.

OT: the mud pit would never change, circle jerking is still very strong. bye.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    what do the usa has to gain from fighting isis? I would said leave them the **** alone and let it play out. usa doesn't need the oil anymore. for israel? **** israel if that is the only reason. the more I read about this, the more stupid it looks. to stop the atrocities? there were atrocities/genocides happening in africa, we didn't bat an eye, why is this special? leave it and let them sort it out by themselves. the only way for usa to stop this is to put 500k troops back into iraq. why the *** do we do this? ****ing waste of tax money and lives. and for what? ****ing bush and his revenge and religious bs.

OT: the mud pit would never change, circle jerking is still very strong. bye.
    Remember what happened last time we left a big terrorist organization alone? It wasn't that big of an event, just some planes crashing into your city's buildings over a decade ago. These guys are worse than Al-Qaeda and have access to far more money than AQ ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    The bottomline is that noone is 'clean' in war, and that it becomes increasingly difficult to distinguish combatants from non-combatants, especially in the chaotic conditions of a civil war/counter-insurgency. I see that the syrian army isn't out beheading prisoners let alone civilians, and that pretty much every reasonable party is on the loyalist side, while the other side (including the 'moderates') supports salafism/wahabism/IS/Muslim Brotherhood

btw in the EU we have several petitions (with support by mainstream politicians) to take the PKK off the terror list, we can accept the deterioration of relations with Turkey.
    Fact is that from time it became a frequent innuendo that the Syrian regime is the lesser evil. The reality is that you are making the same mistake of our fellow Turkish members when they equate Kurdish fighters that are protecting their homes to the so called PKK terrorists (which I don't know if they really exist since until now the majority of Turkish casualties in the war against the PKK were armed servicemen and kurdish fighters).

In fact how you can claim that you are fighting terrorism when the majority of opposition groups have never employed terrorist tactics? I mean, it's like claiming that it is a duck when it doesn't look like a duck, and it doesn't quack like a duck.

Now the Syrian rebels are primarily fighters engaged in the majority of circumstances in conventional warfare, there is zero evidence that all of them have committed terrorist acts which are simply deliberate violent acts aimed against the civilians.

So there is no lesser evil, this is simply a myth to hide the reality of a ruthless regime that is employing every mean at its disposal to hold the absolute power within Syria.

We aren't witnessing a fight of a good side against an evil side, it isn't even a fight between a lesser evil side against a greater evil side, we are simply witnessing a fight between who until now had absolute power against who until now had nothing, well the French Revolution was one of the most barbaric and bloody act of collective violence, yet find me somebody that has the spirit to claim that the absolute monarchy was the "lesser evil".

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    Fact is that from time it became a frequent innuendo that the Syrian regime is the lesser evil. The reality is that you are making the same mistake of our fellow Turkish members when they equate Kurdish fighters that are protecting their homes to the so called PKK terrorists (which I don't know if they really exist since until now the majority of Turkish casualties in the war against the PKK were armed servicemen and kurdish fighters).

In fact how you can claim that you are fighting terrorism when the majority of opposition groups have never employed terrorist tactics? I mean, it's like claiming that it is a duck when it doesn't look like a duck, and it doesn't quack like a duck.

Now the Syrian rebels are primarily fighters engaged in the majority of circumstances in conventional warfare, there is zero evidence that all of them have committed terrorist acts which are simply deliberate violent acts aimed against the civilians.

So there is no lesser evil, this is simply a myth to hide the reality of a ruthless regime that is employing every mean at its disposal to hold the absolute power within Syria.

We aren't witnessing a fight of a good side against an evil side, it isn't even a fight between a lesser evil side against a greater evil side, we are simply witnessing a fight between who until now had absolute power against who until now had nothing, well the French Revolution was one of the most barbaric and bloody act of collective violence, yet find me somebody that has the spirit to claim that the absolute monarchy was the "lesser evil".
    What the Turks argue is that there is simply no use helping only the Kurds against ISIS, this has to be a fight against Assad as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by DarthLazy View Post
    What the Turks argue is that there is simply no use helping only the Kurds against ISIS, this has to be a fight against Assad as well.
    Why? Why does America need to bomb them both at the same time?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

So Jamal Maarouf of the SRF is now begging the US to bomb al Nusra. When the coalition bombed nusra in september he and others were strongly against it. Marouf stated a couple of months ago that he didn't cared about the war against al-qaida and said he shared weapons with them and cooperated with al nusra. Now he suddenly wants the US to bomb al nusra...and cries over their betrayal. Reap what you saw you jerk
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Domna View Post
    So Jamal Maarouf of the SRF is now begging the US to bomb al Nusra. When the coalition bombed nusra in september he and others were strongly against it. Marouf stated a couple of months ago that he didn't cared about the war against al-qaida and said he shared weapons with them and cooperated with al nusra. Now he suddenly wants the US to bomb al nusra...and cries over their betrayal. Reap what you saw you jerk
    Jamal Maarouf isn't very liked among the FSA. He's been accused of stealing FSA weapons and givng them to Islamists. There is a good reason why the US only armed certain brigades of the SRF and not the whole group.

Jamal Maarouf is the perfect exmaple of an oppurtunist who is weakening the moderate opposition.
    Last edited by Vanoi; October 31, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Don't then, play right into the hands of IS propaganda of this being some huge conspiracy where everyone is out to get the Sunnis, bomb IS while turning a blind eye to whatever Assad does.
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.

Civitate

Don't then, play right into the hands of IS propaganda of this being some huge conspiracy where everyone is out to get the Sunnis, bomb IS while turning a blind eye to whatever Assad does.
    You're not giving any soultions, just criticism. How does the US effectively combat the IS and Assad at the same time without further destablizing Syria?

Because if the US starts bombing Assa'ds forces who are battling the IS, and the IS in return take over SAA positions and weapons because of retreating SAA forces then this entire effort is worthless.

Better yet Darth, since you are so concerened and want Assad gone that bad, then get your country to enforce a no-fly zone and attack Syria's AA defenses.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

You're not giving any soultions, just criticism. How does the US effectively combat the IS and Assad at the same time without further destablizing Syria?

Because if the US starts bombing Assa'ds forces who are battling the IS, and the IS in return take over SAA positions and weapons because of retreating SAA forces then this entire effort is worthless.

Better yet Darth, since you are so concerened and want Assad gone that bad, then get your country to enforce a no-fly zone and attack Syria's AA defenses.
    1.I did not realize Syria could be further destabilized.

2. Easy, Islamic front and FSA are still alive, how about actually help them militarily rather than the lackluster effort so far which has resulted in them only being wtfpwnt by IS.

3. Alas, people with no influence can only scream and cry and ultimately make no difference.

Civitate

1.I did not realize Syria could be further destabilized.

2. Easy, Islamic front and FSA are still alive, how about actually help them militarily rather than the lackluster effort so far which has resulted in them only being wtfpwnt by IS.
    Yes allowing The IS to gain further weapons and land in Syria will destablize it further and potentially bring IS militans to the borders of other countries. Weakening the SAA at the expenese of making the IS stronger is not worth it.

And the US is funding the FSA but they are weak. Its going to be many months before thye have the strength to take on the IS in Syria.

And the Islamic Front is a no go. Too many Al-Qaeda affiliated groups and members. The US certainly doesn't want American weapons ending up with al-Qaeda.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Which ally swear on under the photo of the leader of another group. Because, it seems your memory is too short to remember my post/picture about YPG members swearing on guns under Öcalan' picture, the imprisoned leader of PKK who caught with Cyprus passport in Greek Embassy at Kenya.
    Öcalan is a sorta national hero for Kurds. A symbol if you like.
    Miss me yet?

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Because most Coalition states have express their opposition to Assad even before IS showed up. Because it can not expected to see Rebel forces trained and equipped by the coalition victorious against IS if they are attacked by the SAF. Especially if this force is outnumbered and surpassed in equipment by both its opponent.

Odenat's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Öcalan is a sorta national hero for Kurds. A symbol if you like.
    Weird, a Kurdish hero that North Iraq kurds does not like. Neither Syrian Kurds. Nor 80-90 % of Turkey's Kurds.

Maybe, he's a hero in your dreams, in reality he's the leader of a bloodthirsty terrorist organization. Who is caught with South Cyprus passport at a Greek embassy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Odenat View Post
    Weird, a Kurdish hero that North Iraq kurds does not like. Neither Syrian Kurds. Nor 80-90 % of Turkey's Kurds.

Maybe, he's a hero in your dreams, in reality he's the leader of a bloodthirsty terrorist organization. Who is caught with South Cyprus passport at a Greek embassy ...
    Kurds in Iraq do like him, just not the Barzani club. PUK seems to like him.
    YPG loves him too. Many Kurds in Turkey like him as well. Even today there was a protest in Istanbul with many of the flags depicting this man.
    Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    ​So you condone barrel bombing innocent civilians and rape? Wow that is truly messed up.
    It is. But if you read my comment carefully, you will realize I was being sarcastic.

what do the usa has to gain from fighting isis?
    Well, they probably have to do something about a terrorist entity openly bent on destroying them. There's also this insignificant matter of ISIS beheading their citizens too.

About Kobane: FSA fighters join the fight to protect the town.

So there are still people (sunni's) who want to replace a man in powerwho protects his minorities (christians, alawites, druze, turkmen,...) for mujahideen.
    They want another Afghanistan. You could/can walk around without headscarves, you could visit all the beautifull treasures from ancient and medieval times. No give power to Mjahideen, maybe they are democrats like we have never seen before and they will dump all there weapons in Lake Assad if we don't blow it up.

Palmyra may not fall!
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Because a mafia state run like a personal fiefdom for the ruling family based on extortion, torture, and denial of civil liberties is protecting minorities, got it.