Page 77 of 529 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384858687102127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 10562

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Last edited by spacial; April 11, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

I saw about three guys on that hill.

Spending thousands of dollars on just the bombs to kill two of them was surely worth it.
    Last edited by Costin_Razvan; October 24, 2014 at 05:59 AM.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

This is third time same video posted on same page. Do Members read previous posts actually?
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    This is third time same video posted on same page. Do Members read previous posts actually?
    your link wasn't working. And the guy above posted more videos.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

redeemed
    Last edited by spacial; April 11, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spacial View Post
    PS: as for above videos... nice to see these fanatics fulfilling their journey to heaven.
    Would be better with napalm, though.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Would be better with napalm, though.
    I wonder how many disfigured and amputees there are, in the ranks of ISIL? ISIL will surely not release such images.

What goes on in the minds of radicals that go to Syria to join ISIL? Anyhow, I guess it's a kind of evolutionary process that's taking place.

How dumb must one be, to think ISIL will sustain in the long run? As if Turkey, Iran, Israel, Jordan and Saudi-Arabia would let them be (even ignoring the US and the West). They've not got the slightest chance... It's like a large-scale, temporary killing spree.

In a few years that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi will vegetate in a cave seeing his fighters killed en mass - or he'll be killed by a drone attack.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by spacial View Post
    ISIL will surely not release such images.
    IS doesn't care about their wounded or dead. They leave both to rot in the sun. Kurds sometimes bury IS dead when they can because the sheer number and resulting stench of death is overwhelming. In turn, IS mutilates Kurdish KIA. Especially the female Kurdish fighters. They make a point out of beheading and mutilating the bodies of female Kurds.

So yeah - I'm totally cool with paying for expensive ordnance to remove a couple of these guys from the planet. Bill me.

Or even better, bill the countries they come from. We are doing the tax payers of those countries a great service by removing people they would have to jail and then commit intelligence assets to watch once released, for god knows how long. It's best when these people just disappear. They have no value.
    Last edited by mrmouth; October 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Costin_Razvan View Post

Spending thousands of dollars on just the bombs to kill two of them was surely worth it.
    There are a lot of hills in the area around Kobane, and they afford a very good view of the town, giving whoever holds them a significant advantage, not to mention the morale boosting flag. They killed 3 guys, and symbolically destroyed the morale of the whole force by letting them know who owns the vantage points.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    It is interesting the fact that the Tel Sheir hill was held by YPG shortly before ISIS advanced, as ISIS occupied the hill their asses got quickly JDAMed and then YPG returned in their previous positions. Seems that there is direct coordination between the Kurdish fighters in the ground and the US planes.
    The coordination between Kurd forces and coalition forces have improved significantly during the two last weeks indeed. Excuse me to not provide links about it, I read it through french press. Air strikes have been continuously improving in quantity and quality. YPG is now able to call in strike in dedicated area and follow it by advances on the terrain.

Meanwhile the Coalition launched its larger strike yesterday night in Irak.

actually it's very good propaganda, that same video is being shared on social media, it was shared 3 times alone in the past two pages in this thread. i remember the video had around 2,000 views when i first saw it on the AFP youtube page, now it has over 170,000+ while the rest of the AFP videos unrelated to the war have less than 1,000 views each

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Good propaganda for what exactly? Showing America can only blow up 2 guys on a hill with tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment?
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Good propaganda for what exactly? Showing America can only blow up 2 guys on a hill with tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment?
    that's the thing though, the fact that it was an overkill makes it even better because it adds some dark humor. maybe they're not the only ones that get off on making, watching, and spreading snuff-like videos of their victims, maybe to some people it's actually enjoyable watching them get obliterated like that on video. and "can only blow up 2 guys on a hill" is really painting it dishonestly, that was only one strike out of hundreds.

There were probably more IS fighters on the other side of the hill, I doubt it was just the 2.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...Name=worldNews

Oil campaign not working, more proof that Obama isn't all in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities...rian_Civil_War

Any event, ISA has begun a push on Ras Al Ayn, at least 15 villages have fallen so far, but details are sparse because it just started and YPG's propaganda machine has yet to kick in, too busy on Kobane and smoking hash. But every bomb sucked up by Kobani isn't helping the far more critical Hasakah Region. ISA takes this area, its got substantial oil and grain reserves under its control.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10...ding-for-help/

This is embarrassing.

Well ISA certainly knows how to adapt on the fly to gain its strategic objectives.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Your sources do not back up your ludicrous claims.
    Miss me yet?

Lord of Nihilism's Avatar Semisalis

First American casualty reported for the Iraqi War http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...tarted-in-iraq

Now it begins. I'm curious to see how many bodies the Americans are willing to throw at the ISIS to stop them, or if they're even willing to do it. The Americans supported the 2003 conquest of Iraq so I have no doubt Americans would support sending the US Army into Iraq again.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Wow so young...
    Miss me yet?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Nihilism View Post
    First American casualty reported for the Iraqi War http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...tarted-in-iraq

Now it begins. I'm curious to see how many bodies the Americans are willing to throw at the ISIS to stop them, or if they're even willing to do it. The Americans supported the 2003 conquest of Iraq so I have no doubt Americans would support sending the US Army into Iraq again.
    I don't see how follows from what looks dead by an accident
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Nihilism View Post

One guy dies from an accident spurs a "How many body bags are enough, America?"

This man could just as well have died in a US army base in Florida. Just that it would not have been news worthy.