Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilla View Post
    Imminent assault on Idlib City coming from Jahbat al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, Faylaq al-sham who will coordinate the attacks and mobilised 5000+ insurgents. Lot of miltary activity seen in insurgent controlled towns in Idlib. Jahbat al-Nusra attacks the western entrance and Ahrar al-Sham will attack the eastern entrance. Hundreds flee. Syrian Airforce launching pre emptive strikes throughout all of Idlib.
    Dunno, saw it too. But Ahrar is denying it on their official accounts. Nusra just published some video´s of random mortar shelling on the city, but not much that looks like a fool out assault.

Like before trying to recapture other towns to the north they should take Tal Jibbin not to create and overextented position with a single supply route, as what happened last time they pushed to Hardatnin without securing this town...
    I find this a very interesting battle, as some people on Twitter were suggesting that the Hezbollah and Afghani Shia militia's attacked without order or supervision of the Assad regime or the IRG planners, and thus led heavy losses. I kinda would agree on this theory, certainly cause the amounts of dead regime soldiers in that failed offensive to break the siege of Zaraa and Nubil was so high, unusual high. I saw some video's posted on rebels their facebook's of Assad soldiers just being picked off one by one from rebel trenches, no tank or air support at all.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Has Tikrit been ethnically cleansed of Sunni yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    If it would happen then the city is empty because the sunnis exterminated the shias in Tikrit in June.

18+
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

also:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ays-government
    http://www.hrw.org/news/2015/03/03/i...ikrit-fighting

I see it comming from miles: ISIS and allied sunnis get executed directly = Tikrit has been ethnic cleansed
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by djehoety View Post
    I find this a very interesting battle, as some people on Twitter were suggesting that the Hezbollah and Afghani Shia militia's attacked without order or supervision of the Assad regime or the IRG planners, and thus led heavy losses. I kinda would agree on this theory, certainly cause the amounts of dead regime soldiers in that failed offensive to break the siege of Zaraa and Nubil was so high, unusual high. I saw some video's posted on rebels their facebook's of Assad soldiers just being picked off one by one from rebel trenches, no tank or air support at all.
    Hezbollah is not that dumb. But I have seen a video of people from the two besieged towns being trained as a militia. They had high morale and shia zeal but very amateuristic training. It is said they only target was Bashkuy but they initially faced little resistance.
    Miss me yet?

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Two military chiefs just apparently got fired by Assad.

http://news.yahoo.com/syrias-assad-f...000509418.html
    Last edited by Vanoi; March 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    It isn't going that well for the Rafidah it seems. Apparently they led heavy losses and the offensive is once again stalled. Doesn't look good for their plans to capture Mosul in the future. In this offensive already 2000+ militias died according to some media, that sounds like extreme high figures though.

Also: the American General David Petraeus called Iran a bigger threat to Iraq then ISIS. Firstly I would say such compensations aren't really smart, but I would agree to them that Iran has brought ruins to Iraq and the region for years already. Or like that columnist of the NYT puts it ''America has fought 2 wars for Iran already, one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, why now fight a third one''. Seems like a reasonable explanation for me too.

(link to the Petraeus article: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...te-116255.html

Hezbollah is not that dumb. But I have seen a video of people from the two besieged towns being trained as a militia. They had high morale and shia zeal but very amateuristic training. It is said they only target was Bashkuy but they initially faced little resistance.
    For the Lebanese Hezbollah I would agree, but there is a Syrian Hezbollah; at least some name it like that, too now, and those are the badly trained militias we're both talking about, I think.

Two military chiefs just apparently got fired by Assad.

http://news.yahoo.com/syrias-assad-f...000509418.html
    I just love the corruption in the Nusayri ranks, lol. This whole corrupt clan of Bashar have been stealing of Syrians for years now, and fighting with eachother over the loot since the start of the revolution. (also NDF groups that fought eachother for the loot in people's houses in Homs etc).

The Iranian regime “is ultimately part of the problem, not the solution” to the region’s issues, Petraeus said
    Who is part of a good solution?
    Not Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Sisi, Mursi, Maliki, Saudi, Al-Qaida, Muslim Brotherhood, Houthis, USA, Europe, Russia, Turkey , ......
    everyone plays there own games over there.
    Saying Iran is a problem then he is right if he is talking about the American intrests in the ME. For the average it is a good case because Baghdad was in real danger of being overun. I have respect for the Shia factions because they face this kinds of wars for centuries (and now more than ever). Nobody is perfect or have the ultimate solution good for everyone.

In the past the European nations made longterm peace for multiple decades... The ME is not ready for that but I hope they will get some sense in the future. (and it in some players intrest to keep the fire burning)
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Appearantly Tikrit is almost void of civilians by now. EJMAlrai says between 1000 people to a 1000 families.
    Miss me yet?

Another massive attack against Shia cities , This time in Bosra located in south eastern part of Daraa .

Bosra is shia?!
    Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Bosra is shia?!
    Half of the city is Shia .

Wiki said much less than half. But never mind, I did not know there were shias in that part of Syria.
    Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Wiki said much less than half. But never mind, I did not know there were shias in that part of Syria.
    There is bloody battle going on there , Local Shias control half of the city there .

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

an excellent article about propaganda against Shia's

Anti-Shiism, Western media, the Islamic State and blatant lies.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

I knew how Shiism is based on self-pittyness, but this is so ridiculous I won't even try and argue against you. When I was in Iran I and witnessed Ashura I already found it weird how some/a lot of Shia's just liked it to be victimized, like Thomas Erdbrink; the correspondent of the New York Times in Iran puts it.

You just believe its against ''Shiism'', and don't think people just might not like corrupted mass murderers like the Shia militias in Iraq or the dog Bashar in Syria. And Luckily, that source is so anyway, no need to even reason on the article.
    Last edited by Diglytron; March 21, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

I knew how Shiism is based on self-pittyness, but this is so ridiculous I won't even try and argue against you. Luckily, that source is so anyway, no need to even reason on the article.
    Yeah yeah keep up the denial because you perfecty fit into the category provided in the article. We all know you follow those twitter accounts yourself and basicly parrot accounts like Markito0171, Art Wendeley and RamiAILolah. You also want to shia villages of Nubl/Zahraa to be ''liberated'' by Sunni Islamists . You also expressed yourself having no problems with TOW's falling into the hands of Jahbat Al-Nusra. You also Support Zahran Alloush who wants to commit genocide against Christians/Alawites and Shia's. You also continue to bash Shia's but never seem to mention the flaws of Sunni abuses in Iraq and Syria. You also always blame Iran for middle eastern mess but chooses to ignore the huge negative role of the Gulfstates in spreading the evil ideology of Wahhabism and their links to funding islamist based insurgents in Iraq and Syria.

It is because of you guys we can't have nice things in the Middle-east. In any case the supporters of Zahran Alloush like you should not be taken seriously.

Before you continue your propaganda against Shia look to the gulfstates instead. One day i hope Female soldiers who drive Tanks (and i hope they will be Alawi's so that dude loses even more reputation) will run over that coward and hypocrite Zahran Alloush for all the he has done and said.
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; March 21, 2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Like their stuff/work - Woman are able to operate weapons as well as men.
    PS: Assad is a feeble dictator.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; March 21, 2015 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Like their stuff/work - Woman are able to operate weapons as well as men.
    PS: Assad is a feeble dictator.
    Define ''feeble''
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Define ''feeble''
    "Feeble" = Assad is a little pussy! All Assads are pussies! Assad is pussy! Pussies are Assads! Assads are pussy idiots...
    Assasd???

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    "Feeble" = Assad is a little pussy! All Assads are pussies! Assad is pussy! Pussies are Assads! Assads are pussy idiots...
    Assasd???
    Speaking of pussy...Nadine al Assad
    Miss me yet?