Thread: Beta and Changes

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Beta and Changes

Since I'm sure a lot of changes are going to be made eventually, and removing Briton and Numidia will be a lot of work, I'm not going to do this yet. I'm at the point where I can zip the installer and upload it, so any changes from here on will have to wait for a patch. Easier that way anyway, because changing those two factions will go along with the unit naming scheme. I'm sure there will be many suggested changes once you see this, so it can all be done at once.

I've successfully 'installed' this on a fresh copy of RTW patched to v1.5, but it was missing a few things so I had to find that stuff and get it in the installer......the date change kinda messed me up, but it was worth it, and resolved now. I'll let you all know when it's up.

Default Re: Beta and Changes

Good to here its close to release. Dont mean to pester, but whats the ETA; tommorrow, monday, next friday? Just cant wait till i get my hands on it.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

@dvk901
    - es-Wiz is a good extractor, free and comfortable, most of the mods use it
    - for beta testing organize it like a project: defined time range for testing, a freeze day for yourself to include all the minor changes, a day to combine everything in the installer and upload,... release party
    - give special tasks to your beta testers: person 1 test this campaign as carthage, person 2 test that...delegate the testings and collect the results
    - give a public day for the going live of your mod to put yourself/team under pressure (you can change the day if there are problems, but a public date is important)
    - important points: mod should be mostly ctd free, the major project scope should work, minor changes you can include later in a patch

Go !

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Angel's Avatar Angeal

Nice to hear. lol Im glad Repman is giving out advise. Your an good "modder". Learned alot from ya. Cant wait to try out this mod as well. Just like Repman said, less CTDS means more testing and fun for community . Need any help plz pm . Good Job on your hard work!
    Under the patronage of Hader

Patrician

Thank you Repman for your advice and suggestions. This is all new to me, so I need all the help I can get.
    As for CTD's....one of my pet peeves, and the reason I did a lot of extensive testing before I dared to even go beta.
    I suppose there may be the 'nasty surprise' somewhere, but every unit has been loaded and fought with again and again to at least ensure there are no problems there. As far as 'in campaign' stuff, well, time will tell....I've played 50 years or so, and let the AI have a number of time (once overnite) and no CTD's. So we'll see.

this mod sounds good, is there any version released to the public yet? and if not, when can we expect one?

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Patrician

No release yet to the public, but soon. Couple weeks. In the process of converting factions and doing testing.