Thread: Who needs Rome...

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Default Who needs Rome...

Today i decided to start new roman campaign and get all those fancy names that Dime added. the problem was that i didn't want to fight Pyrhus, gauls carthage and so, so i skipped couple of hundred years of roman history and went directly for the eastern empire. What i mean is that i sent all generals and good units on two boats and sailed them to byzantium. While they get there my treasury was -28k and all italic cities exept Rome were split between the greek and roman rebels.
    It took me about 7-8 turns to come clean of the debts once byzantium, nicomedia, pergamum were captured. than ofcource the seleucids attacked and gave me exuse to capture Sardis, which was a profitable move what i forgot however was that nasty seleucid army with elephants, phalanxes and such. They made sure however to declare their presence...
    so here it is The battle of Sardis

and the brave hastati killing the last beasts
    finaly the outcome
    what can i say... that huge spartan army under Leonidas could do a better job :tooth:
    So far the roman rebels are keeping large parts of Italy and hopefully will have the oportunity to build huge city for the Marian reforms or i'll be back!

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Default Re: Who needs Rome...

Hm... Never tried that to be honest... :hmmm:

The only problem at the begining is to keep Rome until you capture another town. my first try failed because i forget that you need 1 city to remain on the game. the romans don't have hording ability

Proud patron of Cymera

where did you get those skins ?

but ... nice plan

do you think it will work ? i think the Gauls/Germans/Dacians/Iberians will sooner or later carry out to too much pressure on your nothern front ^^

Hinke.. what do you mean where i got the skins? they are from XGM.... i don't know about the pressure, will have to play and see

Proud patron of Cymera

Ian Altano's Avatar Senator

Umm, about those skins: I also haven't seen those yet (still have the normal roman skins) and I have the latest version of XGM :hmmm:

But I don't have BI, is that my problem?