Thread: Request for people to back-up all (WH)mod & submod downloads/save informative webpages

Civis

Default Request for people to back-up all (WH)mod & submod downloads/save informative webpages

Hello , since CA WILL definitely release a full GW licensed game sooner or later,
    and there will be a game announcement on the 25th september;
    I must strongly advise and ask people who are creators or even users of any GW based mods ,
    to back up all downloads and PREFFERABLY also save webpages with important information
    such as bug workarounds , hotseat enabling ,multiplayer battle enabling, mod / submod information,
    guides , how to's , FAQ's and even previous versions downloads.

There will be a warhammer fantasy licensed game , no doubt about that ,
    so i invite you think about the possible ramifications of this .
    Sega is the owner of CA , who have paid a lot of money for the WH license .
    They have already rushed Rome2's release ,
    and in november 2013 when an intern tried to make a little amends for its shoddy release by
    re-opening the Empire multiplayer campaign beta for everyone to request a free activation code ,(via SEGA 's website)
    they canceled it by Christmas ,removing the game from their support website.
    I warned my friends about this , but my warnings fell on deaf ears.

This tells you a little of SEGA's character, for more info search TotalBiscuit's news on SEGA ,
    look at what they try to do to anything that MIGHT possibly be construed as even SLIGHTLY hindering their profits.
    (lets plays of older games , for instance)

And the other party (as in soviet-style) involved is GW ,
    well , if you're a wargaming fan , the less said about those money-grubbing bastards the better,
    Let's just hope their poor financials will soon lead to their going belly-up.
    ( GAMES WORKSHOP poor financials are another reason to be worried , knee-jerk reactions and all )
    so , even to those mods hosted on other forums , please HEED my warnings .
    The corporate legal teams of these 2 companies are Notoriously active ,
    so do not think TWC or another forum won't be forced to delete all content
    including the entire subforum i am posting in right now.
    It may seem unlikely to you now , but dont discount the possibility ,
    its better to be safe than sorry.
    Attila: Total War TWC benchmark thread - New results included - last content update 14.03.2015

Default Re: Request for people to back-up all (WH)mod & submod downloads/save informative webpages

The Sundering team has the rights from GW to use the Warhammer Universe, if they earn no money for that

Civis

Default Re: Request for people to back-up all (WH)mod & submod downloads/save informative webpages

Things change , including corporate policies , besides what harm is backing everything up going to do you?
    Attila: Total War TWC benchmark thread - New results included - last content update 14.03.2015

A year and a half later, and TW: Warhammer is just a few months from release. I hope you're wrong about the copyright stuff, but backing things up just in case is the smart move, no doubt.

He was wrong after all.
    Too bad the mod died.