Thread: Warpath Campaign -Huron

Mabzie55's Avatar Civis

Default Warpath Campaign -Huron

So I started another crack at the 1828 (world domination) campaign as the Huron Wyandot. (I've done Huron a few times, being from Michigan it's natural to be these guys especially knowing a few Hurons IRL, but I digress)

I just can't seem to beat this campaign.
    30 provinces are almost impossible to obtain by 1828.
    20, sure, but 30...
    The other native factions that I take over seem to have serious public order problems in the beginning (Destroying the buildings that make them happy... Go figure).
    By the time I get my Huron Empire stabilized and ready for the final offensive to take those 30 provinces... Times up.

Is there some sort of trick to this that I'm not seeing?
    Or is this literally impossible?

Maybe if I had 10-15 more years it would be more doable.

Note: I've only tried world domination as the Huron a few times, and once as planes nations... Failed all of those times.

Default Re: Warpath Campaign -Huron

i havnt play as the natives, but in many cases in ETW, it pays off to blitz,
    especially if the blitz opens up trade or give any other large income boost.
    skip industry upgrades initially, just grow and build happiness/repression as needed to keep momentum so your troops
    dont get stuck on suppression too long
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Mabzie55's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    i havnt play as the natives, but in many cases in ETW, it pays off to blitz,
    especially if the blitz opens up trade or give any other large income boost.
    skip industry upgrades initially, just grow and build happiness/repression as needed to keep momentum so your troops
    dont get stuck on suppression too long
    Well I did try to expand as quickly as possible in the beginning, blitzed the Iroquois to get as much land as possible, didn't have a problem there but the US was at war with them and took the other half.
    I then invaded plains nations and that's where I ran into the public order thing. In souix falls public order is -18 or something despite almost a full stack garrison and buildings that provide happiness.
    I've always expanded mostly east and north with the Huron, this time I tried southwest expansion.

Since you haven't played warpath I'll fill you in:
    - You can't exempt regions from tax.
    -Native Americans don't make a whole lot of money compared to European.

But anyway it just takes a few turn to get the population not-revolting.
    Weird thing is didn't have this problem with taking Iroquois or in the past.
    This campaign is so short it just sucks because wasted turns are catastrophic.

if the peasants are stubborn, beat them up in a couple of rebellions, that'll teach'em.
    money is wasted on repairing the government building until you are satisfied with the repression bonus that beating provides
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I see what you mean about the problem that the campaign is so short, combined with the public order problem, making the victory conditions impossible or near-impossible to reach.

Would it be worth trying a combination of Empire Total Factions (or the 'all factions unlocked no FoW' startpos or any other mod which allows you to play Native American factions in the Grand Campaign) and the mod by vadik_1st which allows you to recruit Warpath units in the Grand Campaign?