Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear CA... No Warhammer: TW for the love of god.

Mabzie55's Avatar Civis

Default Dear CA... No Warhammer: TW for the love of god.

I've seen some people on these forums and elsewhere calling for a Warhammer:"Total War" game...
    and if CA wants to make a warhammer game separate from the total war franchise, go ahead.
    But please for the love of god, do not make a warhammer:TW!

I feel like this would be a huge slap in the face to us TW fans that have been around since Shogun 1.

The historical setting is what makes these games The best games I've ever played, being able to rule over a historical faction and change the course of history is THE BEST.
    I love playing as Poland-Lithuania in Empire, taking over north America and converting all those British colonists to Catholicism.
    Or playing as Native Americans and beating back the Europeans.
    Or creating your own Satsuma Republic in Fall of the Samurai... this list could go on indefinitely.

The point is, that it is great to be immersed in this kind of game environment, and reflecting on how your actions in game have altered world history.
    With a WH:TW, I see this appeal as being gone.
    A WH:tw would just be an attempt to peddle to the masses while giving a big middle finger to your dedicated, historically-minded core fans.

So please, do not do this. I want to think that it is not even being considered, but who knows.
    If it is being considered--- just stop.

/rant

Also I just read "TWC" in the forum description... thought it said "TW" when I posted this.

So if this is in the wrong place, please move to where this is supposed to go.
    Last edited by StealthFox; September 09, 2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: merge

Default Re: Dear CA... No Warhammer: TW for the love of god.

i don't see why not
    if ca decide to make the warhammer tw, that means they try to sell them for the warhammer fans
    for example i don't care that much about rome era, i prefer medieval era, but i'm not going to forbid them to make a game based on rome era

Mabzie55's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ikyu828 View Post
    i don't see why not
    if ca decide to make the warhammer tw, that means they try to sell them for the warhammer fans
    for example i don't care that much about rome era, i prefer medieval era, but i'm not going to forbid them to make a game based on rome era
    My problem with this is that I already have to wait years for the next game, and if they make a WH I will have to wait twice the amount of time for the next "real" TW game.
    If they want to make a WH game and a normal TW game at the same time, that's fine.

I too, like the medieval era more than the classical era-- however both of these games are still alternate-history games, which I can get into regardless of the era.

Fantasy games on the other hand... not into that one but (Aside from RPGs, which TW is not)

Since everyone seems to be missing this I'm going to post this again: http://imgur.com/A4C6ImX

It's prety obvious from that screenshot from *last year* of Rome 2's AI video combined with the fact they bought the rights to Warhammer fantasy in late 2012 means by then they'll have had enough time to be working with the current Warscape engine and create enough assets to put on display at the EGX conference or whatever it's called

It's going to probably be a Warhammer game under the TW brand or at least heavily based off it. I suppose it's possible though it'll be a separate game not of that Warhammer game, and they are making a game separate from Warhammer and Aliens as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabzie55 View Post
    My problem with this is that I already have to wait years for the next game, and if they make a WH I will have to wait twice the amount of time for the next "real" TW game.
    If they want to make a WH game and a normal TW game at the same time, that's fine.

I too, like the medieval era more than the classical era-- however both of these games are still alternate-history games, which I can get into regardless of the era.

Fantasy games on the other hand... not into that one but (Aside from RPGs, which TW is not)
    for me i don't care if tw series is going to be based on history or not, as long as it's a good game
    plus i don't only play total war series so i don't mind if i have to wait for a while

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

why not? I could really enjoy play a tw game about warhammer

If you want a good idea of what it might be like, here's a good "trailer" battle of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69D...B9FACF89026A23

Call of Warhammer has alot of lets plays on youtube, and it's pretty stable w/ Gigantus's installer used. I wouldn't mind a Warhammer title myself, but I really hate this engine and it seems barely workable even with Emperor. I liked Medieval 2's combat best, even buggy as it is today.

I'm currently playing a Hochland campaign and yeah, it's one of the best settings for a FANTASY Total War.
    A successful crusade against Khorne right at the beggining, Reikland is on a rampage on the north, and he will go down fast now.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I've seen some people on these forums and elsewhere calling for a Warhammer:"Total War" game...
    and if CA wants to make a warhammer game separate from the total war franchise, go ahead.
    Don't worry. Check this profiles.

Clearly shows separate teams for Warhammer, Total Wars, Aliens and consoles.

I want Warhammer too. Sounds interesting but certainly don't want it to be part of the Total War series.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Vioras's Avatar Civis

Guys why is CA using manpower for a Warhammer game? If they use this manpower for a historical total war game, we will get a much better game.
    I hate fantasy soo very much, it's just useless.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Vioras View Post
    Guys why is CA using manpower for a Warhammer game? If they use this manpower for a historical total war game, we will get a much better game.
    Sega bought the Warhammer franchise. CA works for Sega. You, CA in this case, do what the one signing your paycheck (Sega) tells you to do.

Vioras's Avatar Civis

That Sega is destroying the Total War series then.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Tell that to their CEO.

Mabzie55's Avatar Civis

This.
    Fantasy should stick to RPG where it belongs.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Unlike pre 2000 where CA only have 5 people working for Shogun Total War, now they have over 300 hundred working of separate games including consoles and shooter games besides Total War series.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I am a total history freak and that kind of guy who trolls these forums crying for historical accuracy/authenticity in TW games.

Still i think a Warhammer TW is a GREAT idea that will bring variety back into TW and let the devs more creative freedom.

Come on people, stop being so damn conservative.

If your only problem is the naming... well you should consider how 2 letters printed in a plastic box are. It's a strategy game made by a great strategy game developer, who cares how the game is named...

I feel like this would be a huge slap in the face to us TW fans that have been around since Shogun 1.
    I have been around since Shogun 1 and i would not only love a Warhammer game made by CA, but also even a W40k game. I just hope they don't pass on eventually making a 16th-17th century Europe game.

The historical setting is what makes these games The best games I've ever played, being able to rule over a historical faction and change the course of history is THE BEST.
    I love playing as Poland-Lithuania in Empire, taking over north America and converting all those British colonists to Catholicism.
    Or playing as Native Americans and beating back the Europeans.
    Or creating your own Satsuma Republic in Fall of the Samurai... this list could go on indefinitely.

The point is, that it is great to be immersed in this kind of game environment, and reflecting on how your actions in game have altered world history.
    With a WH:TW, I see this appeal as being gone.
    A WH:tw would just be an attempt to peddle to the masses while giving a big middle finger to your dedicated, historically-minded core fans.
    So you are actually agreeing you enjoy FANTASY in TW games. From my point of view, to a 11th century viking, the existence of dragons or gryphons or magic hammers was more real than the Aztecs invading Europe.

Try to think of Warhammer as an historical game in which the actual historical mithology in which all these historical figures you love so much believed existed, and you could get your immersion bu playing the game from the perspective of an actual supersticious/chivalry-obsessed person who actually lived in the period instead of someone playing a game in 2015 while checking whatsapp in his iphone 6.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; September 10, 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Try to think of Warhammer as an historical game in which the actual historical mithology in which all these historical figures you love so much believed existed, and you could get your immersion bu playing the game from the perspective of an actual supersticious/chivalry-obsessed person who actually lived in the period instead of someone playing a game in 2015 while checking whatsapp in his iphone 6.
    Reading this makes me sad.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Reading this makes me sad.
    Don't see why. Magic, fairies or thunder-farting gods were more real for ancient Europeans than a Polish-Lithuanian invasion of North America is for us today. And stuff like magic, druids and religion had a HUGELY DEEP HISTORICAL impact on ancient societies (To the point in which many of the military conflicts that fuel the TW franchise were actually originated by stuff as nonsensical and magical -IN MY PERSONAL OPINION- as religion).

To be honest my only concerns about a TW Warhammer is that they end up using Warscape to make it and that they don't take risks and just make a normal TW with ork models.

This.
    Fantasy should stick to RPG where it belongs.
    This is just . There were great fantasy-strategy games before TW even existed (Warcraft, Starcraft or Heroes come to my mind) and shortly after Shogun, fantasy-strategy masterpieces such as Shiny's Sacrifice (which is to me more legendary than many TW titles) came out. And let's not mention other games such as Dungeon Keeper 2, Black&White2, Battle for Middle Earth or even the Third Age TW mod everyone here seems to love so much.

How would you feel if i told you that history should stick to Libraries where it belongs as not to be corrupted by the absurd romantic fantasies of teenager freaks whith way too much free time in order to stay as pure and scientifical as possible?

Right?

Now stop being so freaking reactionary.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; September 10, 2014 at 08:15 AM.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Why the heck would you try to pretend a pure fantasy game is a historical game to "enjoy" it, either you seriously do not know anything about ancient european religions or dont know anything about warhammer, because trying to mash them together as some historical RPG takes lore and history, murders them both, and gives you something that makes no sense.

------------------------------------------------------
    Honestly the best course if you dont want the game is to not buy it as an announcement means the game is "nearing completion", all you see in the R2 forum is people about how much they hate the game, which they bought after seeing how terrible it was, at that point CA wipes their tears away with the ~$60 they just got and no one cares because some guy on the internet posting doesnt change anything and all CA knows is that they made a ton of money so they have literally no reason to change anything.
    Last edited by empr guy; September 10, 2014 at 08:24 AM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

I do not see any problems with it. The main point of Total War games is battles with a lot of troops (compared to other video games). And a lot of historical settings allow huge battles. So does the Warhammer setting.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast