Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming Imperial Edition Patch

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Upcoming Imperial Edition Patch

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by scenario mods? At any rate the next update for STIM won't contain any of what I think you're talking about. 3rd Party sub-mods are something I'd always be open to, though.

Going back to the thread topic though, today Arizona got hit with some really bizarre weather and it led to me coming home much earlier than expected; Which gave me the opportunity to do some unexpected extra testing, and battle balance is nearly perfect for where I want it. A few extra hours on the campaign map for QA bug-hunting and STIM 4.0 will be all ready for shipping! Stay tuned!
    No wonder.

I meant creating campaign scenario mods. I'm sure you fully understand what I mean.

I would like to you create to create scenario mods based on certain events during the time period.

E.g There have been two scenario mods that have been released, Pax Romana focusing on the Roman-Parthian wars.

Trajan's Wars - focuses on the conquests of Trajan.

I would like you to pick out the scenarios from history such as e.g the Second Macedonian war.

Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Going back to the thread topic though, today Arizona got hit with some really bizarre weather and it led to me coming home much earlier than expected; Which gave me the opportunity to do some unexpected extra testing, and battle balance is nearly perfect for where I want it. A few extra hours on the campaign map for QA bug-hunting and STIM 4.0 will be all ready for shipping! Stay tuned!
    That sounds like it's going to be today , or am I an optimist?
    Anyway thanks Silven for your hard work

Quote Originally Posted by Reggum View Post
    oh great news, good job mate. Question does this mod work with all the campaigns or just grand campaign and is TTT mod compatible with this mod?
    I've used TTT with STIM and it seemed to work fine. Also Dresden's Liberate mod (which lets all factions liberate conquered regions).

But the campaign question is a good one -- will STIM work with the Caesar, Hannibal and Octavian campaigns in addition to the Grand Campaign?

And, are there any unit packs which would work with STIM? A little more unit variety would be a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    I would like you to pick out the scenarios from history such as e.g the Second Macedonian war. Is that too much to ask?
    You're asking for new campaigns, essentially, which take a huge amount of work testing and balancing (not to mention the historical research required to get the starting situation correct). Like Silven says, it would be more of a third-party submod created by someone (like you?) who is really fascinated by a particular historical time period. But maybe some of those you mention could be adapted to STIM -- I have no idea what would be required but you might ask those mod creators...
    Last edited by cherryfunk; September 28, 2014 at 09:09 AM.

my excitement level for this is OVER 9000!!!!!!...no seriously i check this page like its the daily news paper. Keep up the good work.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Reggum View Post
    oh great news, good job mate. Question does this mod work with all the campaigns or just grand campaign and is TTT mod compatible with this mod?

Thanks again for your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I've used TTT with STIM and it seemed to work fine. Also Dresden's Liberate mod (which lets all factions liberate conquered regions).

But the campaign question is a good one -- will STIM work with the Caesar, Hannibal and Octavian campaigns in addition to the Grand Campaign?

And, are there any unit packs which would work with STIM? A little more unit variety would be a great thing.
    Yes! STIM will work with all 4 major campaigns - Grand, CiG, HatG, and Augustus. I'll be sure to make that more clear when I update the download info page/changelog.
    STIM will also be fully compatible with TTT and Liberate. Dresden does a great job of making his smaller mods very modular and compatible with most other mods.

As far as unit packs, STEP is a small optional unit pack that I've made to supplement the barbarian unit rosters. Unit packs developed by other mod authors can certainly be used with STIM (assuming they've been updated for EE of course), but I can make no guarantees as to the proper balancing of those units in comparison to STIM's changes. You'll have to make the call on whether or not you think their units fit well with STIM's designs. But from a simple technical compatibility standpoint, a mod that is purely an additional units mod will have no problems loading alongside STIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    I would like to you create to create scenario mods based on certain events during the time period.
    As cherryfunk said, what you're asking for is essentially an entirely new campaign. The level of work required to make something like that happen is on the scale of what CA does to create new DLC like CiG and HatG. It is certainly doable, but way beyond the scope of what STIM is intended to achieve. If you or other mod authors wanted to take on a project to [essentially create a massive brand new mod] under the rules of STIM, I don't see any reason not to endorse it. But honestly the size and scale of what you're talking about would be something I would think a mod author would want their own hosted forum for.

Now then. On to the update news...

IT'S DONE!!! After thoroughly testing both the Battle map and the Campaign map, I was unable to find any game-breaking bugs/oversights/typos/etc or anything major of that nature. I'm sure the next few days/weeks will involve some more minor updates to STIM to tweak the balance of things based on user feedback. But STIM is otherwise in perfect working order and I'm very satisfied with the result. As soon as I finish typing this update post, work will begin on typing out the changelog post and all updated versions of STIM and STEP will be posted on both Steam and TWC, TODAY.

While you all wait for that, I'll leave you this screenshot of the last custom battle test I ran. This battle was run on HARD difficulty (which is the recommended battle difficulty). 22 minutes was the perfect length of time for a battle of this size. Plenty of time to maneuver, think, and take in everything that was happening before me. I intentionally gave myself a weakness in the cavalry and missiles department, and I went in to it expecting to lose. I think the only reason I won was because I held my 2 Praetorian units in reserve until the last possible moment, allowing them to fight exhausted opponents. This fight only came down to the last man because it was neck-and-neck the entire time. Once the mod is released, I'd love to see people try this same battle and to come and share their results!

Last edited by Silven; September 28, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12