Thread: Games About Vietnam

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Games About Vietnam

Does anyone know of any decent games, of any genre, that covers Vietnam well? I'm not talking crappy ass Call of Duty, I mean a game that presents the conflict of Vietnam is a mildly realistic viewpoint.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Default Re: Games About Vietnam

Don't know about single player games, but any of the Battlefield Vietnams are top class, and the RO2 mod called In Country has recently announced that it will be it's own stand alone title.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Men of War: Vietnam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Comes Domesticorum

I liked Vietcong, but have no idea if that would be considered realistic.

Also a great mod for Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 called Eve of Destruction. I think Project Reality did a Vietnam mod as well but I have no idea how it turned out.

Vietcong (the first one) did a good job of showing the war. In Vietcong 2, you get to play part of campaign as young Vietcong recruit. If you're looking for something like playable Full Metal Jacket...well, this is probaby closest.

I liked Shellshock Nam 67 for the PS2.
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.