Thread: Problems where to download TATW .. I have Steam Version

Default Problems where to download TATW .. I have Steam Version

Hello All,
    Please forgive my ignorance on all things computer related .. I'm an .. how should I say this ... older person with no computer skills/knowledge.
    Never downloaded anything before and I'm confused .... and a little bit pissed off ... anyway here's my problem.

I have the Steam Version of Kingdoms and Windows 7
    I have downloaded TATW parts 1 and 2 and the 3.2 patch
    The instructions tell me to download to Programs\SEGA\Medieval II Total war
    Did not have that file but computer created it for me

Next ...
    Additional installation instructions only for Steam users:
    1. Install all parts of the mod as instructed above.
    2. Open "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/mods". There you will find all your installed Kingdoms campaigns as well as the "Third_Age_3" modfolder.

Opened up this file and unable to find the Third Age 3 mod folder .... so can't rename it.

So ....... where exactly do I download TATW to?
    Is it to the Steam Folder or a sub folder within the steam folder or to a SEGA folder
    Please give me the exact path.

And Why oh why does it tell me to "install all parts of the mod as instructed above" for steam users and not just give me the location I need for steam

Default Re: Problems where to download TATW .. I have Steam Version

Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Do not download the TATW.exe Installers into your M2TW folder, you can download them anywhere else on your PC, just don`t put them inside of your M2TW folder.
    If they are already there, just right mouse click on them, press CUT, and, navigate to a NEW location where you want to keep these .exe files, and, right mouse click on that location, and press PASTE.

Then, run these TATW.exe Installers ( double mouse click on them), the Destination FOLDER needs to be THE SAME FOR ALL Installers, and it needs to be YOUR LOCATION of Medieval II Total War. That means, you need to do this:

open your main M2TW folder, right mouse click in the Address Bar and press: Copy address as text.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And then replace the Default Installation path in ALL TATW Installers with this one you have just copied ( Copy address as text ):

just select the Default installation path, right mouse click and press PASTE to replace it with the location of YOUR main M2TW Folder .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After that, navigate to your steam/... / Medieval II TW/ mods folder, and check do you have Third_Age_3 folder located there.

If you do have it, downlod and install this Universal Steam Batch file: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?661279

With it, you can launch your TATW mod.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; September 08, 2014 at 02:42 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thank you so much for your help ElvenKind ... sorted it.
    Also tried to install the Universal Steam Batch File but it got far too complicated for me ...
    Had to install a 7zip? application to open it ... didn't understand what was going on and why

Unziped the program ... double clicked it a few times ... found a launcher exe ... clicked that and it opened ... then it told me it couldn't find a Kingdoms exe in users\alan\appdata\local .......
    Really all above my skill set ....
    But I have got the game to work ... thanks to your help ... well ... sort of ...

opened the fellowship campaign .... had about 7 turns when the Nazgal found me on the road ... pressed start deployment and the game crashed

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAlbum View Post
    Thank you so much for your help ElvenKind ... sorted it.
    Also tried to install the Universal Steam Batch File but it got far too complicated for me ...
    Had to install a 7zip? application to open it ... didn't understand what was going on and why

Unziped the program ... double clicked it a few times ... found a launcher exe ... clicked that and it opened ... then it told me it couldn't find a Kingdoms exe in users\alan\appdata\local .......
    Really all above my skill set ....
    But I have got the game to work ... thanks to your help ... well ... sort of ...

opened the fellowship campaign .... had about 7 turns when the Nazgal found me on the road ... pressed start deployment and the game crashed
    That Universal batch file needs to be placed into your ../steam/..Medieval II TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3 folder.

Regarding battles, disable/turn off your Daylight Saving setting: http://superuser.com/questions/35544...g-in-windows-7
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.