Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    my "O" key isn't working so don't expect any long posts from me for a while.
    He has the "O" key not working!

.. sooo, it (*) worked! ... this is the proof that Maximus of Ephesus was a good and wise man!

(*)
    "Theurgy was based on the idea that one could reach God in an ascent up the scale of creation made possible by a rigorous course of prayer, fasting and devotional preparation." - Keith Thomas, 'Religion and the Decline of Magic' (1971), Penguin, 1973

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I fixed it yesterday.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
    I fixed it yesterday.
    Glad for you Mag!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Anyway the first experiment worked pretty well .. probably I just need to improve the pronunciation of the "Ephesia Grammata" ..

ΑΣΚΙΟΝ ΚΑΤΑΣΚΙΟΝ ΛΙΞ ΤΕΤΡΑΞ ΔΑΜΝΑΜΕΝΕΥΣ ΑΙΣΙΟΝ (or was it ΑΙΣΙΑ? I need to search ..)

..actually Iamblichus said that the correct pronunciation is basilar .. .. then, there is still the issue about the position of "IAO SABAO" ..

.. all in all, the matter is awesomely complex!

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Don't worry about this total voidness, we are all working on the mod. Soon midnite is going to put together a new build. I am working on giving the settlements and provinces historical names as they where in the 5th century AD. And is nice to see you here Diocle, from time to time.

Cheers

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    Don't worry about this total voidness, we are all working on the mod. Soon midnite is going to put together a new build. I am working on giving the settlements and provinces historical names as they where in the 5th century AD. And is nice to see you here Diocle, from time to time.

Cheers
    It's this sort of news that makes me happy. Please, more details about the progress you guys are making!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice news!!

A question, if you will. Do any of the invasio barbarorum mod have princesses? Have you scrapped them out entirely? Just wondering as I'm completely new to this mod.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post

Cheers
    I post this image all the time, should help a lot:

Some cities that actually get mentioned by 5th century authors and are fairly important in 5th century events:

Tarraco
    Illerda (Illerdensus, sacked by Bacaudae/Suebes in 449)
    Aracellitanus (North of Acci and East of Tucci on the map, Bacaudic uprising suppressed there in 443)
    Tyrassio (Turasio on the map, home of Baucaudic uprising in Spainfrom 449-453)
    Narbona (Narbo Martius on the map)
    Arelate
    Augusta Treverorum
    Colonia Agrippina
    Atrebatum (Modern Arras, recaptured by Aetius and Majorian in 445, Battle of Vicus Helenae occurred nearby)
    Aurelianum (Orleans)
    Emerita Augusta (Sacked by the Suebes)
    Corduba ("")
    Hispalis("")
    Altava (Sacked by the Vandals)
    Panormus (Raided by the Vandals in 440)
    Augusta Vindelicorum (Aetius put down a rebellion there in 430)
    Lauriacum
    Batavis (Roman Limitanei Garrison there)
    Comagenis (Foederati revolted there upon news of Aetius' death in roughly 454)
    Favianis (In Noricum, home of Limitanei Garrison in roughly 454)
    Turonum (Besieged by Franks in 444-445, also home to Comes Paulinus who fought in a 4-way battle against the Goths, Franks, and Scirii in 464)
    Mogontiacum (Sacked by Attila)
    Borbetomagus ("")
    Argentoratum ("")
    Atuatuca Tungorum ("")
    Divodurum Mediomatricum ("")
    Durocortorum (Damn these Huns are annoying)
    Aventicum (Sidonius Apollinaris' hometown, important in Late 5th Century defense of Gaul against the Visigoths)
    Augusta Suessionem/Novidunum (Soissons... for obvious reasons. Frankish vassal after 465).
    Portus Turones (Sacked by the Vandals in 445 in preparation for the war of 446, it's just North of Portus Cale on the map).

BTW, Sirmium (Pannonia Secunda) is a very interesting province: officially it belonged to the WRE but it was unofficially under control of the ERE. When Aetius ceeded it to Attila in the treaty of 439 (or around that time, hard to say but it was just after Rua died so anytime between 439-441) the ERE technically had control of it, so I suspect disputed control of Pannonia II was the real reason for the Hunnic war in 441-443.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; July 22, 2015 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    A question, if you will. Do any of the invasio barbarorum mod have princesses? Have you scrapped them out entirely? Just wondering as I'm completely new to this mod.
    There are no princesses in IB II, but they can be enabled through the sm_faction text.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I post this image all the time, should help a lot.
    That's the map I always use for the Roman Cities and Provinces, plus some other very interesting ones beyond the Limes. Sirmium (Pannonia Secunda) is taught to be the cause of the rift between Stilicho amd Honorius. And it is in the ERE hands.

Cheers
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; July 22, 2015 at 01:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oh wait, I have a map of trans-Rhenian Germania with several "Barbarian" city names, etc. I've got ones of Dacia too, let me get them for you.

EDIT:

The map of Dacia doesn't have Dacia Mutenia, which was created by Constantine, but otherwise is great. The map of the Agri Decumates is useful because Nida (Heddernheim) and other Trans-Rhenian settlements could be used for the Barbarians.

The city names, etc., on the map of Persia are all in Middle Persian, by the way.

I use several of these in IBUR.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; July 22, 2015 at 04:16 PM.

We used this in IB2 Britanniae Mod. We will be I'm sure once again. Welcome here pooploop

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think it's entirely viable, considering the importance of Valentinian III's daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    We used this in IB2 Britanniae Mod. We will be I'm sure once again. Welcome here pooploop
    That will be nice if the princesses will be enabled in IBFD II. But we will need to make new models for them as the vanilla skins, well don't go down with the mod time frame.

I think it's entirely viable, considering the importance of Valentinian III's daughters.
    Totally agree, and thanks for the maps, some I have already, but added those that I didn't to my collection.

Cheers

Oh so, IB2 Britain has it? Haha, that's the one I'm using, and I was hoping for it, as the importance of family and dynasty were pretty prevalent in end eras of Roman britain. Plus, celtic societies were known for the comparatively strong role of their women. But again, to make sure, their are princesses only in the current version of IB2 Britain? Like I said I only dw this mod in this week, and only recently learned the existence of this entire IB project.

Oh so, IB2 Britain has it? Haha, that's the one I'm using, and I was hoping for it, as the importance of family and dynasty were pretty prevalent in end eras of Roman britain. Plus, celtic societies were known for the comparatively strong role of their women. But again, to make sure, their are princesses only in the current version of IB2 Britain? Like I said I only dw this mod in this week, and only recently learned the existence of this entire IB project.
    Yes. The Britainniae mod only thus far. I will look see to make sure how much re texturing we did to the princesses as Reno pointed out. I do remember doing some strat texturing to the princesses but they may be in further need of modeling but as a team we haven't made a final judgment on the princesses role in IBFD II yet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Raffael D'Amato had a long discussion on the possibility that all the religious figures in the Santa Maria Maggiore mosaics are members of the Imperial family, and we both came to the conclusion that they were (In fact I ought to ask Meaghan McEvoy her thoughts on that. If I had the reference material I'd publish an article on it). I'll try and find that really good image of Galla Placidia as Mary, so you can use it for a princess model.

Raffael D'Amato had a long discussion on the possibility that all the religious figures in the Santa Maria Maggiore mosaics are members of the Imperial family, and we both came to the conclusion that they were (In fact I ought to ask Meaghan McEvoy her thoughts on that. If I had the reference material I'd publish an article on it). I'll try and find that really good image of Galla Placidia as Mary, so you can use it for a princess model.
    In the Britanniae mod we have an optional install that includes Saints, Druids and witches. They spawn at certain known dates of their existence..as far as we know. This was our developer Ceretic's creation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I had a website with a bunch of huge, fantastic, hi-res photos of the mosaics but can't find it.

This one is pretty good though: on the left is Theodosius II as the governor of Egypt with Galla Placidia as Mary and Valentinian III as Jesus.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I had a website with a bunch of huge, fantastic, hi-res photos of the mosaics but can't find it.

This one is pretty good though: on the left is Theodosius II as the governor of Egypt with Galla Placidia as Mary and Valentinian III as Jesus.

I really do have to wonder how much (if at all) the later Carolingian court in the 9th century truly imitated the regal clothing and late Roman style robes seen here. The fashion of the attire in Carolingian artwork looks so similar, but was this simply a case of Carolingian-era artists imitating and emulating the late antique Roman style of art, or truly depicting what the members of the Carolingian royal court and members of the clergy ACTUALLY wore on a regular day-to-day basis?

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Great things going on here, as usual! We love you!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...