Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Very nice and interesting style (though given my very, very humble opinion a little bit too shiny)

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I honestly hope the latter will be released first, because although I find an Italy-only campaign with Odoacer to be quite intriguing, having the whole Western world to reconquer in late antiquity sounds like my cup of tea and preferred mod.
    You're lucky just because this is not a street of Madrid, in the night darkness .... Mwahahahahhh!

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Very nice and interesting style (though given my very, very humble opinion a little bit too shiny)
    Thanks for your criticism. I had various options how to make them, but accidentally I enhanced the Roman icons with a lens image on photoshop and I liked the effect it produced.

Cheers

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Τhe Hunni, Thuringi/Rugii, Frankii, Gepidii, Vandalii are one of the best faction symbols I have ever seen . Specifically, Gepidii and Vandalii are outstanding. Ostroghotii, Visighotii, Slavii and Seaxna are also fantastic. I too don't very much like the shining effect. And the Armenia faction symbol..I don't know, i do not find it so special as the other ones. Also, the colour of the Sassanid faction symbol is an indication as to which colour the Sassanid faction will have in general? Because this light blue is too "light", i think for a faction that should cause fear.

All in all, in my opinion, this is excellent work.

Leonnatos's Avatar Foederatus

I like the shining, it adds drama to the whole scence...not that drama was needed in that time of war and change

Thanks all for the criticism. I am very happy by the fact that many of you liked the new icons. I wanted something different from other IB mods, even those for RTW II and other MTW II. So it seems that I hit the nail hard on his head.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Also, the colour of the Sassanid faction symbol is an indication as to which colour the Sassanid faction will have in general? Because this light blue is too "light", i think for a faction that should cause fear.

All in all, in my opinion, this is excellent work.
    I will darken the blue, for a better fear factor.

Cheers

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    You're lucky just because this is not a street of Madrid, in the night darkness .... Mwahahahahhh!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Diocle again."

Come on guy, at least I didn't say anything bad about Genoa. Yet my Venetian general in Stainless Steel might have a thing or two to say.

The icons are superb; they certainly work for me. I really can't think of anything to complain about.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Nice icons, I would also prefer if they are a little bit less shiny (at least some of them) but still I would not eliminate the shining effect totally just tune it down a bit.

Nice work, Reno!

Here comes some constructive feedback from someone who have spent many, many hours of making icons, and doing a lot of trial and error...

The most important question when making icons is not do they look good in a preview? but rather do they look good ingame? If you only knew how many motifs I originally thought looked good but later had to scrap because they didn't work ingame...

The most important aspect of making icons is to make sure the faction motif itself work on all the levels, i.e. as a faction icon in all the sizes ( especially the small 30x30 ones ), as a battle standard, on the strat map banner, and as captain banner, and as a strat map captain banner.

Also try and avoid mixing similar colours, and instead use contrasts. White and yellow, and purple and red tend to "seep" into each other and so on.

I suspect that your rather shiny/glossy icons will look nice in the menu, but can become somewhat blurred once the game starts. So, my advice is that you check each one of them out on all levels before moving on to the next one. That will save you a lot of time and frustration, I think.
    Last edited by Joar; January 20, 2015 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks for your advice Master Joar, it was greatly appreciated. The Icons on the menu look great, but still I have to check them in game.THX

Cheers

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Another small part of the mod that is finished: The custom battle maps have been finished. The siege fortification custom battles are working fine as of this time.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

WHOOOO!!! Cannot wait to do everything that I posted from before!!
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Good to see that this mod is alive and kicking

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Are we retaining the light speed pace? Surely the release of Attila has inspired the team to no end!

Yes we are starting to move at warp speed again!

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Domesticus

Yay! Hope all is going well in it

I bet this will be much better and historically accurate than Atilla, with its DLC hostaging and nonsense

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post

The Icons are the Imperium Romanum pars Occidentalis, Imperium Romanum pars Orientalis, Concilium Britannae, Hunni, Burgunduiones, Suebi, Dumnonia, Thuringi/Rugii, Frankii, Seaxna, Gepidii, Alemanni, Vandalii, Armenia, Berbers/Mauri, Pictii, Ostroghotii, Visighotii, Slavii and Imperium Sassanidorum.

Cheers
    I just saw this, these are AWESOME!!! And shiney!

Thanks Magister, I very much appriciate that you liked my new icons.

CHEERS

The icons look good. I'm assuming it's the Britain one. looks like it needs a little smoothing on the edges. But they look awesome.