Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Default Re: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Well, yes, not every Greek city was as spectacular looking or as monumental as Athens, but there were plenty of near equals, like Pergamon for instance, to say nothing of Alexandria, Antioch, Seleucia, Syracuse, Rhodes, etc. Each of those cities also had grandiose temples and a theater for Greek drama.

If I possessed the skills to do it, I would most certainly try to improve the settlements, to fill up the city centers instead of having bizarre empty space (to be honest, I think EB II's version of the DBM settlements are even worse, for some reason, when they got imported). I would do that or at least try to help the team import the Natus Ob Imperium settlements (which aren't being used at all because their mod isn't even released yet):

Such a shame these settlements are just sitting around and not being used! They are a masterpiece.
    Would you help us with this as a developer Roma_Victrix?

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    @RV: Being an architect, let me say that the work done by DBM group is simply astonishing; about Akropolis: I've been there many times and it's unique, not all the Greek cities had such a magnificent place, as not all the Roman cities had the Pantheon, but all in all who cares? For me the buildings by DBM are very good and, I repeat: being an architect .. my opinion on the matter is pretty technical ; about temples: in my pics there are two Roman temples and large Persian temple, what do you want more? They have even four columns and one of them is even a circular temple! (side question: why did CA create in RTW Greek Roman temples with an odd number of columns? Mysteries of human idiocy!).
    Diocle, I'm in need of help with the engineering aspect of this mod. Its something that intrigues me greatly and want to be a major part of this mod, Any further insight in this we would be honored by your services as one of our developers if you chose to.
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 29, 2015 at 05:22 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

@Roma_Vitrix: "Alexandria, Antioch, Seleucia, Syracuse, Rhodes, etc."
    .. and don't you think that if there was somebody ready to build all those magnificent towns on PC, for gaming purposes, you should pay a huge amount of money to get such a magnificent work?

@RIO OPTIMUS MAXIMUS: My skills are few as my knowledges, but for you I would do anything Rio.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Would you help us with this as a developer Roma_Victrix?

I honestly, totally would, except I will not lie: I have absolutely no knowledge, patience or skills when it comes to editing tools, especially ones required to mod whole environments in a game like Medieval II. Someone tried to get me into the idea before, introducing me to IWTE (I believe that's the acronym) here on the forum, but the instructions for that basically went right over my head. I hope you find someone experienced with this stuff who can truly wrap their head around it, because unfortunately, I don't even have the spare time to do so. In fact, these days I shouldn't even be wasting time playing video games.

I honestly, totally would, except I will not lie: I have absolutely no knowledge, patience or skills when it comes to editing tools, especially ones required to mod whole environments in a game like Medieval II. .
    OMG! love Homer Simpson. Funny as hell! Maybe test the Beta when ready? Just looking for good constructive critical eyes. I can pm you when we get the mod a bit further to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    @RIO OPTIMUS MAXIMUS: My skills are few as my knowledges, but for you I would do anything Rio.
    In the game there is a fundamental building and economic tree based upon technologies and building types. Ideas and feedback would be only needed. Someone who has a grasp on this philosophical late Roman concept would be helpful. No worries on time frames etc..
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 30, 2015 at 09:17 AM.

OMG! love Homer Simpson. Funny as hell! Maybe test the Beta when ready? Just looking for good constructive critical eyes. I can pm you when we get the mod a bit further to test.
    Sure! I'd be honored to test beta versions. Just note that I'm going to Paris for several days starting tomorrow, so it'll have to wait till next week.

Yeah, I chose that gif pic of Homer to symbolize by dodgy, flighty response to your question.

Philosophical late Roman concept? I believe Gore Vidal's Julian is a nice novel on that topic. Of course Julian lived in 4th century and it's not really THE late Roman era, but it's only 100 years before the demise of Western Roman Empire. If by philosophical you mean the rise of christianity, the resistance of paganism, the arians vs. nicenes, the conditions of various religions in Gaul etc... Not a bad reading. It's not really a scientific book, but it's pretty deep on those topics. Seems plausable, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by de_Montfort View Post
    Philosophical late Roman concept? I believe Gore Vidal's Julian is a nice novel on that topic. Of course Julian lived in 4th century and it's not really THE late Roman era, but it's only 100 years before the demise of Western Roman Empire. If by philosophical you mean the rise of christianity, the resistance of paganism, the arians vs. nicenes, the conditions of various religions in Gaul etc... Not a bad reading. It's not really a scientific book, but it's pretty deep on those topics. Seems plausable, at least.
    Very good question and topic de_Montfort. I don't think this will completely answer but by the mid 5th century, the Western Roman Empire had already isolated into pockets of powerful centralized regions. Power and armies began to rest in the hands of these Magistrates. As Rome's power began to dissipate from the barbarian invasions during the fifth century so did its political, philosophical and economic influence on these regions.. Using Britannia as an extreme example these regions began to look out for themselves militarily and economically. The result of all this becomes a struggle between the Roman philosophical hierarchy and their system of government, thus resulting in the rise of the Heroic Society's Kingdom’s Raison d’Être: Regional strongholds. A system of government and life..a stratum down to the peasant(later to become and known by) controlled at the top by the warlord. Roads, buildings and the lives of the people are greatly affected. The duality and choice to which philosophy will be present in the game if you are a faction is Roman. The Roman system that Diocletian in the late 2end century set up will be extremely difficult to maintain and rebuild. The barbarian factions Heroic Society's Kingdom’s Raison d’Être will be ascribed already in place. The Romans in the East will not have as a difficult time as the Romans in the west maintaining their system but I might inject a little something else.
    Last edited by Riothamus; September 09, 2015 at 08:39 AM.

I want to play IB II NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW! I can't wait any longer! I feel like I've been holding in pee and needing to go to the bathroom for months! That's how bad it is! Waiting! It's torture! I'll pay for it! You hear me? I'll pay you in denarius if I have to!

Nah, just kidding, I can wait.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Denarii*

Also for this time period the silver coin would be a siliqua, not a denarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Denarii*

Also for this time period the silver coin would be a siliqua, not a denarius.
    Oops! Sorry. Yeah, plural form denarii, not singular denarius. That doesn't make any sense.

Reading that meme apparently gave me a temporary grammatical brain-fart.

Oops! Sorry. Yeah, plural form denarii, not singular denarius. That doesn't make any sense.

Reading that meme apparently gave me a temporary grammatical brain-fart.
    OMG funny!!

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

A brain fart ?. Does any one else except Roma_Victrix experienced this recently while browsing through the IB II fora?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    A brain fart ?. Does any one else except Roma_Victrix experienced this recently while browsing through the IB II fora?

Cheers
    If so, I'd like to know!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Browsing Fora is when I'm usually "on top" of my intellectual "game", so to speak.

By the way I just got Ulf Tackholm's paper "Aetius and the Battle of the Catalaunian Fields". He makes some fantastic observations, especially about how the further from the date of the battle you get, the more the authors attempt to minimize the role of Aetius and the Romans.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Read that on a topic on the Roman Army Talk. Where can I get a copy of this interesting debate.

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I probably shouldn't redistribute it...

What's with the silence of late? It's been almost a month since the last comment here! This thread needs some updating quick or you are going to lose your potential fan base! You need to keep us updated! We need to see progress! We need...A DANCE PARTY. And a funky one too. To grab people's attention!

A new Fullbuild upgrade has been prepaired by the team and we are progressing from there

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A new Fullbuild upgrade has been prepaired by the team and we are progressing from there
    Greaaaaat!!! Can't wait!

Domesticus

Sounds awesome Hope all has been going well!