View Poll Results: Do you want to get...

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jewish units

14 14.89%
  • Judean faction

39 41.49%
  • other Jewish elements

0 0%
  • I am not interresting them

41 43.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Judean faction in Imperator Augustus campaign pack

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Judean faction / units will be included to Augustus campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Indeed. So Arabic units are allowed but not Jewish? Jews do exist, last I looked - they are real. Heck, we can have fantasy women running about killing everything, but not real Jewish people in the ancient days?

I just hope no one uses this game for their lessons on history. They'll just become stupid and be laughed at.
    wololo
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I hope they include units from the People's Front of Judea, rather than from those bastard splitters the Judean People's Front.
    Last edited by Jom; September 07, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    I hope they include units from the People's Front of Judea, rather than from those bastard splitters the Judean People's Front.
    Playing as Judea we should have a civil war of the various Judean fronts fighting for dominance

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

I saw in a blog about the Empire Edition a sneak peak of the map, there was a blue faction above Nabataea. I hope this means they will add the Judeans and more Arab units because their current roster is extremely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    There are Arabic units in the game, so it is a nonsense for me. Ancient Jewish and Arabic have no connection with today's conflict.
    Exactly. I'd love to see a proper Judean faction, rather than just rebels. It would be a really interesting challenge playing them.

Argon Viper's Avatar Ducenarius

It seems every few months we go through a "why don't we have a Judean faction" thread. The biggest difference here is that in this particular campaign there's a decent argument for it.

I'd be interested to see a Judean faction in the middle east as a client state of the Romans. I'm not sure what kinds of units should be available to it, can someone well versed in the history of this particular kingdom give us an idea of their layout of forces during the Roman civil war?
    Proud American/German Atheist Jew waging World War 2 in my blood.

CA's members, please buy this book. There are 10 days to making Jewish units skins. It is no problem, because you can add it to Steam update as always.

The Army of Herod the Great

Author: Samuel Rocca
    Illustrator: Christa Hook
    About this book
    Herod was Rome's most important and powerful ally at the end of the Republic. Although he has entered posterity as a ruthless ruler not only against his own family but also, according to the gospel of Matthew, as the instigator of the slaughter of the innocents. However, he was also an able administrator who developed a powerful army. At it’s peak Herod's army could field approximately 40,000 men. Comprised of both Judaean and mercenary soldiers with troops from the Germanic tribes to Parthians to Romans. As a result of this varied composition it showed both strong Hellenistic influence in its armour and cavalry and Roman influence in its use of heavy infantry making it an intriguing topic for military history enthusiasts. This book will be a fascinating look at the ancient army of Herod the Great which will use the latest Israeli archaeological reports and finds, including weapons and armour fragments.
    Contents

• Introduction and short chronology · Strength, character and functions of Herod’s Judaean army, as regional power and ally of Republican
    • early Imperial Rome · Organization & tactics: infantry and the Roman influence – cavalry and the Hellenistic influence · Ethnic composition: Jewish, Parthian, Roman, Gallic, Germanic · Equipment & weapons: Roman, Hellenistic and Oriental influences · Command & structure: senior commanders – royal guard – cavalry, including Parthians – Iturean archers – Judaean heavy infantry · Campaigns: conquest of Judaea – siege of Jerusalem – First Nabatean War – to Arabia with Aelius Gallus – Second Nabatean War

Paperback; November 2009; 48 pages; ISBN: 9781846032066
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; September 07, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

Yes, should be included Judea! crucify them all!

Probably won't add Judean units because CA portrays the Romans as the superheroes of the ancient world and reminding people of the genocide, oppression, exploitation, and general raping and destruction of the cultural identities of all their "enemies" might put their beloved Romans in a negative light.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

New Hellenistic and zealot type units should be included, and I'm pretty sure they will be. Don't see them as playable. Modders can add whatever a player wants from this point. Any special emphasis from the dev team is just going to lead to complaining.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; September 07, 2014 at 06:24 PM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

A Judean faction is a must have, but i am not as excited as many of the others here. A zealot unit might be quite unique by the name, but that is it. In general the Judean Army would not have looked much different than any other army between Petra and Samosata. Fact is than the Levantine Coast was full of Greek cities and Herod the Great and his Dynasty were entirely Hellenized as well.

Its not in the time frame, since there is a wrong image of Judea in heads of the people, but after the Flavians conquered Jerusalem, center of the Jews was Mesopotamia and Persia all over again for centuries.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Probably won't add Judean units because CA portrays the Romans as the superheroes of the ancient world and reminding people of the genocide, oppression, exploitation, and general raping and destruction of the cultural identities of all their "enemies" might put their beloved Romans in a negative light.
    Have they only gone to that part of the world to do all of that raping and genocide and oppressing?
    I'm starting to think that it must have been the worst place to live in ever since people came up with the idea of using sticks to hit each other with.

A Judean faction is fine, but I can't say I can imagine just how that would work in a satisfactory manner. I mean let's face it, all the factions in the game aren't terribly different from eachother: The Balkans, Iberians aren't really that different from playing as Gauls or Germans; the Eastern factions like Parthia isn't terribly different from all the other unplayables from Africa to Arabia. The only real difference comes when they throw in units from other groups like Hoplites (re Baktria) or an emphasis on horse archers (Nomadic).

I can only therefore see them making a Judean faction as just some uninspiring clone copy of the Eastern faction groups rather than something truly interesting.

Mind you I WANT a Judean faction, but I don't want one that's kinda just there so they can say there is a Judean faction.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

For Imperator Augustus campaign ? I guess they would be in. For the main campaign ? No.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Yes more 3d model yes

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Can someone educate me?
    Does the augustus campaign take place during or after the grand campaignn?
    Also, with previous mini campaigns, did CA allways port over all factions and new units, or only parttially?
    Iguess if judea doesnt make it into the main game mods can do it, right?
    Can we add new factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior
    I do find it curious how the Jews\Israelis appear absent in the game save for Jerusalem. Like they never existed. But they were quite important at the time, even if you ignore the religious elements... Which is sort of hard to do. Is it possible to have Jewish rebels I wonder? Or even there own state as a result of rebellion?
    Actually in 270 b.c., there wasn't even an autonomous Jewish state. They became independent from the Seleucid rule more than a century after. However, CA had created many imaginary states as client states of big empires, like Cyprus or Media, so I suppose they'd have added the Jews, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oarkfaller
    Can someone educate me? Does the augustus campaign take place during or after the grand campaignn? Also, with previous mini campaigns, did CA allways port over all factions and new units, or only parttially? Iguess if judea doesnt make it into the main game mods can do it, right? Can we add new factions?
    The Augustus campaign takes place in the late 1st century B.C., that means in the last stages of the main campaign. In the previous DLCs, some new units were added to the relevant factions (like Carthage in HatG, for example), but only to them.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Can someone educate me?
    Does the augustus campaign take place during or after the grand campaignn?
    Also, with previous mini campaigns, did CA allways port over all factions and new units, or only parttially?
    Iguess if judea doesnt make it into the main game mods can do it, right?
    Can we add new factions?
    yes, after, yes (but not completely sure what you mean, they sometimes keep them seperated by gaul_"insert faction from small cam"_"something something" in the DB), yes mods can yes and the last one is yes.

I hope that help a bit yes?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Thanks guys.
    Been helpful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast