Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Maybe try the moddb download, it also has the link to the hotfix patch. Follow the directions as wiff said and make sure you launch the mod from the warhammer.bat in the mods folder.

followed the steps its working fully now i did not have the kingdoms exe on steam which is weird
    but its working nicley now thanks alot

i think i m quite late to the party lol
    probably people answered these questions but i m gonna ask some things anyway
    will we get at some point estalia and tilea as separate factions?the estalian caballeros don t look that good imo....now i know nothing modding,and i know that these factions aren t really the spotlight of the mod,i just like their lore
    other than that it would seem to me that i can t siege any chaos cities,which is sad,but i don t like chaos anyway
    thanks for the great work though,this is probably the most complete virtual experience of the warhammer fantasy world
    and i know this might not have to do anything with the thread

We have talked about adding those factions but the issue is we are at the medieval 2 faction limit so to add those we would have to cut some empire factions or combine some other factions to get them in. Right now they function like shadow factions or sub factions same with araby I think thats the best way to do them with what we have to work with. As far as the chaos city sieges just wait for the next patch, we are almost at the point of releasing something here and you guys should be blown away with it. Along with new units/heros most of the bugs have been sorted out, campaign AI has been tweaked with some new AI labels made for some factions, edu and ebd has been gone through and regiggered/rebalanced. Wiffofgrapeshot has been rebuilding tweaking the skeleton and animations files so most of the bugged out anims have been fixed(no more dwarves growing to man size underground, no more twitching axemen, fanatics now have a death animation, goblins/skinks heads dont pop up randomly ect...) . Also got all the elephant based units to finally be rock solid in terms of crashyness and how the AI uses them in sieges. Also the flyer animation has been re worked a little so its not so damn OP on the charge (still dosent look perfect but much better) So anyway guys lots to look forward to in this next patch.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; August 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo

i saw on modb web site some gyrocopters units but i cant find it anywhere in the game .pls help!

ok,i know there s a patch coming,can t wait for it

it will be released in the next version

Interesting mod of a mod that has caught my attention. One quick question concerning the Orcs, does the AI still have scripted Waaaaghs?

Quote Originally Posted by THE Rev Tube View Post
    Interesting mod of a mod that has caught my attention. One quick question concerning the Orcs, does the AI still have scripted Waaaaghs?
    No, they no longer need scripted spawns to be a threat, as the AI can handle recruiting and sending armies against their enemies quite well. This is all especially true in the next patch, with improvements all around.

Libertus

I thought that the evil factions AI was pretty good in current version (except Chaos Dwarfs), cant wait to see the improvements.

Any new scripted events/quests planned for the next patch? Are you also considering a rework/additions of old M2TW traits and ancillaries?

I have a question:if i have 1 greatsword bodyguard,4 spearmen,4 halberds,2 death s heads,2 pistoliers,2 archers,2 crosbows,1 handgunner and 1 nordland marines and i go against 2 stacks of goblins,they had 1 unit of trolls and the rest night and normal goblins....is it normal to loose 77% of my army,60% after unit replenishment.If not,tell me what units should i choose,what strategy should i use etc.It was a very intense battle,barely won....

Quote Originally Posted by Yogimanz View Post
    I thought that the evil factions AI was pretty good in current version (except Chaos Dwarfs), cant wait to see the improvements.
    Always room for improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Yogimanz View Post
    Any new scripted events/quests planned for the next patch? Are you also considering a rework/additions of old M2TW traits and ancillaries?
    Possibly more quests, but for the most part we're trying to get the core of it working better over adding too many more quests and things. We do have some ideas for making optional scripts so everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by masteroftotalwar View Post
    I have a question:if i have 1 greatsword bodyguard,4 spearmen,4 halberds,2 death s heads,2 pistoliers,2 archers,2 crosbows,1 handgunner and 1 nordland marines and i go against 2 stacks of goblins,they had 1 unit of trolls and the rest night and normal goblins....is it normal to loose 77% of my army,60% after unit replenishment.If not,tell me what units should i choose,what strategy should i use etc.It was a very intense battle,barely won....
    The Pistoliers, Handgunner, and Nordland Marines all have guns, which will destroy Trolls very effectively, or at the very least weaken them enough to let the Halberds deal with them. Once the Trolls are dead, all you have to do is shoot the Goblins until they flee, since guns also damage morale badly, and Goblins have crap morale. Target their leader and they'll likely mass route. Pistoliers are mobile, use that to your advantage. Don't waste bullets on Goblins until the Trolls are dead, and don't waste arrows on Trolls if there's squishy Goblins to soak them up. In general, use guns against the big dangerous stuff, like monsters or guys in heavy armor, and use bows against the big blobs of weaker things like Goblins or Zombies. Halberds and Spears are great for holding a like, keep them protecting your ranged units and don't send them in to do all the killing unless you have to.

yeah that s kinda what i do,but usually the big number of archers they bring doesn t allow me to sit back...their trolls are not such a big threat to me,usually spearmen can deal with them cause they poke a lot,but their archers really seem to take their toll on my troops...also i m usually the one on the offensive,so they get to sit back and enjoy me scrambling to their position,and since we usually fight in mountains,they can benefit from the terrain features....so i know how to use my troops,and i know how an early empire army should attack....i m just asking would you get so many casualties?don t get me wrong,this is warhammer,very bloody and stuff...also i hope i m not annoying with these questions

yeah that s kinda what i do,but usually the big number of archers they bring doesn t allow me to sit back...their trolls are not such a big threat to me,usually spearmen can deal with them cause they poke a lot,but their archers really seem to take their toll on my troops...also i m usually the one on the offensive,so they get to sit back and enjoy me scrambling to their position,and since we usually fight in mountains,they can benefit from the terrain features....so i know how to use my troops,and i know how an early empire army should attack....i m just asking would you get so many casualties?don t get me wrong,this is warhammer,very bloody and stuff...also i hope i m not annoying with these questions
    You need artillery. Mortars will rack up hundreds of kills if you keep the enemy off of them. And they will force them to come to you. Cannons are more hit and miss but if they want to stand around then shoot the trolls with cannon while they are doing that.

i know that artillery is useful,but it s hard to get it....i like to build up my economy first,i m in like turn 60,and i ve just recruited my first great cannon,and it s kinda far away from the front lines,though i just destroyed 2300 goblins with 5 units of pistoliers,1 outrider,and 1 guard of morr bodyguard....maybe i shouldn t complain so much hahaha....lost 11% of my army...they sent their archers far away from their infantry....23 guards of morr did sure work of em,make no mistake ....should get more cavalry

I'm not sure how much of it is possible but aside from 1-2 races I've found the AI to be overly passive. Chaos undivided seems to have no problem fighting and conquering but every other race seems to just sit on it's territories with 1-2 expansions every 50 turns. Is this... intended or am I unlucky in my campaigns? I'd much rather see everyone at each others throats.

i know that artillery is useful,but it s hard to get it....i like to build up my economy first,i m in like turn 60,and i ve just recruited my first great cannon,and it s kinda far away from the front lines,though i just destroyed 2300 goblins with 5 units of pistoliers,1 outrider,and 1 guard of morr bodyguard....maybe i shouldn t complain so much hahaha....lost 11% of my army...they sent their archers far away from their infantry....23 guards of morr did sure work of em,make no mistake ....should get more cavalry
    Yeah, that sounds more appropriate. Armor helps against arrows, too, especially shield and armor on heavy cav. But Empire aren't really meant to easily crush all their foes with no losses. Their biggest strength is having a variety of options and being able to use combined arms tactics like nobody else can. You have good quality heavy cavalry, missile cavalry, artillery, guns/crossbows/bows, medium infantry, and heavy infantry. In each of those you're outclassed by someone else, but nobody else has all of those overall as good Empire has all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_G View Post
    I'm not sure how much of it is possible but aside from 1-2 races I've found the AI to be overly passive. Chaos undivided seems to have no problem fighting and conquering but every other race seems to just sit on it's territories with 1-2 expansions every 50 turns. Is this... intended or am I unlucky in my campaigns? I'd much rather see everyone at each others throats.
    Campaign AI is being altered in the next patch. It is intended for some factions to be a lot more expansionistic than others, though. The main threats trying to take over the world (or at least attack and destroy everyone) are supposed to be Chaos, Greenskins, Vampire Counts, Skaven, Tomb Kings, Ogres, and Dark Elves. Most everyone else are actually pretty happy with their starting borders, for the most part. AI Wood Elves are not supposed to want to conquer Bretonnia just as bad as AI Vampire Counts or Skaven, but they should indeed be capable of going to war with Bretonnia, just not constant perpetual plans to destroy them and rule their ashes.

yeah
    #bretonnianlivesmatter

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah the overly expansionist wood elves were a little odd, in the lore they have no real plans on going anywhere, but destroy any other army that dares go into Athel Loren.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

It makes it a little difficult though when other races end up with a heap more territory, production power and income, while the Wood Elves just sit on their 3? starting towns the entire game.
    Just increases their chance of being wiped out by nearby factions.