Thread: Missing Factions or Events

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

Default Missing Factions or Events

I am a big fan of Broken Crescent and completely understand the focus on Muslim factions to fill out the world between Constantinople and Delhi, but it would seem to me that there ought to be more influence from the West. I know there is the Fourth Crusade and the arrival of Crusading armies should Jerusalem be lost, but I was rather surprised to see that there was no Russian reprisal to the Kypchak conquest of Kiev, or further meddling from the Italian City-States like Venetians trying to take Crimea.

I know development is slow lately, but is there any intention to consider such things?
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

Default Re: Missing Factions or Events

Very interesting objections.

We will see how far it could be scriptable.

Viva Espana!'s Avatar Semisalis

As far as scriptability goes, one should think that Italian intervention would be fairly similar to the Mongol emergent faction (albeit on a smaller scale). A random chance of a Venetian expeditionary force landing in Crimea or Crete, perhaps using Vanilla units to minimize work needed to implement this.

Russians might be harder. Of course, they could be an early emergent faction for ERE and Kipchaks to deal with or even a minor faction based at Kiev ( with a trade agreement already negotiated with ERE) that the Kipchaks can roll over (thus prompting the arrival of armies like crusaders in the holy land upon the loss of Jerusalem).

In addition, while I have a the KoJ independently conquer Cyprus in one of my games, I have never seen the arrival of Richard Lionheart. I have sen the message about a new English king, but never seen him arrive or conquer Cyprus as he historically did. Am I simply missing the chain of events that prompts his coming?

i would think it'd be similar to Baybars and his Mamlukes
    "To admit defeat, is to commit a heresy against the Emperor." - Imperial Proverb.
    "Well... that was unexpected." - Last words of Chaos Lord Ulakar the Undefeatable.

I would love having Kara-Khitai in B.C 2.4. I saw a few screenshots from the team about them and they were cool. They were sinicized and their ruling class were buddhist, something that the 2.3 version is missing. I know that you planned them for B.C 3.0 but puting them prematurely in B.C 4 would be great. The reason is that the Kara-Khitai are very different from the other factions already in BC (also every faction is unique), they would be unique as is the kingdom of Jerusalem(very different from its neighbors) or Makuria in Africa. So they would be awesome, also they would be the first to clash with the Mongols, a nice face off between two nomadic or semi-nomadic factions.