Thread: Preview: Final Turtetanians

Default Preview: Final Turtetanians

Turdetanians Units in ITW:

Units of turdetaian faction

Officials:

General (center). Oficial (right of general), music (left of general) and standars.

Infantry:

Of left to right: Karsken (slingers), Bodisken Kuro (caetrati) y Ozeres (lanceati)

Of left to right: Turtulosken Eban, Kudur Deisdea (scutati) y Astapa Iltiratin (scutati of Astapa).

Cabalry:

Of left to right: Abiner, Ipolka Iskeratin, Neitin Eban and Niosisker.

We wait that it like to you. It is a great artistic job of Viriato and Monkwarrior. We want the best historical accuracy.

Saludos

Artaserse's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Preview: Final Turtetanians

love this faction, and the priestess too, the priestess is very similar to Imperium GBR priestess, it is very nice to have a female standard bearer in the game and i remember that iberian faction were very much matriarcal, the first time i saw it in my game i had a wow! it give more variety and atmosphere. Great Work, waiting for other factions.

Very nice Idibil!

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Another great preview, you seem to be adding so many interesting features I am really looking forward to the release of this mod.

The Standards and officers are particulary interesting and good to see the addition of a realistic female warrior who dosen't scream or have bare breasts.

I would think Women in Iberia would have been similar to those in Celtic society at that time, as they had a higher status than that in Roman society, where females were excluded from all of the important high ranking decision making positions. This probably relates to Celtic religion which venerated female fertility and held that virginity had great mystical power and therefore was held in great esteem. Women were respected and could hold quite high rank in their tribal society. Many practised healing using herbal remedies ( the witches of Christian folklore) and some could fight alongside men in battle. Its a good job our so called modern Christian or post Christian society( depending on your viewpoint ) does not continue to have such Barbarian values!.

Grecian's Avatar Foederatus

Great work guys, keep up the high standards looking forward to the final release

Very nice models, original as well as historical, from what little (close to nil), I know about Iberia.

One thing I would like to point out. The mod you make, may be the first contact many people have on the very brave Iberian pre roman world. Do take time to write fully fleshed out descriptions, a live encyclopedia if you will of those people, their story, their units, everything within the context of RTW. I would like to warn you of a possible caveat. In trying to present your peoples in all their glory, it is possible for you to make them out as superheroes, which they weren't, or unjustifiably wronged by history and fate, and thus falling pray to Qarthadastim, or Romani.
    I don't believe you will do that, I just would like to offer some advice, on what I found myself doing some time ago
    I believe the best way to present our ancestors is to TRY to be as true and as authentic as possible. All the goods and bads of them will come out, and the aftertaste will always be good, not bittersweet.

Same way a food can be spoiled, by too many spices, so can history.

Please bear in mind I talk as my own person, voicing MY own worries according to my experiences. I didn't have the opportunity to play Iberia as of yet, but that is a mistake I plan to rectify. Beautiful units such as those do wet the appetite
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I really like the unique look of the Turdetani! It makes the game so much more interesting, whether you play as the Turdetani or against them. Great artistic work!
    One suggestion: how about making the headgear of the Bodisken Kuro a little darker or simpler, just a small change to reflect lower social status, if that was the case, so that these guys differ from the Kudur Deisdea a little bit more? This to counter the CLONE-effect of RTW a little bit, which (MTW2 is said to remedy somewhat and) becomes most apparent when many units of the same kind stand together on the battlefield.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Other then the fact that I have no idea who they are, the skins are very nice.

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

Glad to see that Iberia TW is still an exemple of well made mod
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

Thaks you, guys. We took note

We aren´t put descriptions units because we have it in spanish and we needed time to traduction correctly, time that we preferred to spend in finishing mod first.

You will be able see the descriptions and ancient history of Iberia soon.

We tried the greater objectivity, you can trust it, Keravnos, thx u

We began this work looking for two things that we did not find in RTW: historical accuracy and realism. Perhaps our objective has been too ambitious (jur, it is most of 2 year with this mod yet ), but I think that we have been able to reach all the historical accuracy and realism that let modding RTW, and it is much. You will be able to judge it soon. We will accept with taste all you criticize them constructive.

Perhaps MTW2 is here, but I think that mods of RTW still will give much game

Saludos

Legionario's Avatar Semisalis

Don't worry Idibil,since before someone can mod anything about MTW2 (If it ever will happen) it's gonna take a lot,so there is still alot of time to enjoy the very few (and worth playing) RTW Mods
    And remember that a Mod it's not an history book at all, ,but it's about realism,historicity "AND" gameplay,so better
    focus on how it involves the player,than write tons of pages of descriptions
    It has to be a game after all, not an history lesson
    Keep on the good work,as it has been done so far by your Team... ;-)
    E fra chi lo ascoltò,alcuni erano buoni
    molti erano malvagi,
    e molti non erano niente,
    come tutti gli uomini...in qualsiasi luogo....

I cannot wait to use them to revive the Tartessian empire...
    Last edited by ZuluKingOfTheDwarfPeople; March 24, 2007 at 11:42 AM.

They look good!