Thread: Third age total war Sub mod Divided and Conquer "unspecified error crash"

Icon1 Third age total war Sub mod Divided and Conquer "unspecified error crash"

I've been laying third age total war for sometimes I have the latest patch 3.2, I recently installed the sub mod divide and conquer now every time I go to play third age total war with the sub mod I get the medieval 2 has encountered and unspecified error, which I know is a common problem. so I cannot do campaign custom or historical battles. I have windows 7 and its a non steam version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Third age total war Sub mod Divided and Conquer "unspecified error crash"

When does the error actually happen? When entering battles, or starting a campaign with any faction etc..?

There are installation instructions which you can use ( post #2 from the link ): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12777400
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Default Re: Third age total war Sub mod Divided and Conquer "unspecified error crash"

It happens when I go to start a campaign with any faction

Delete map.rwm file in your M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3/ data/ world/ maps/ base folder.

If that doesn't work, go here and apply first three steps in first post explained for Windows 7, 8 and Vista Users: Edit Security for your main M2TW folder( or, use TakeOwnership method) , unhide hidden folders, check VirtualStore folder for Medieval II TW folder, and delete it if you find it there. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have no file called map.rwm in that location! I've followed the first 3 steps still no luck!

Uninstall TATW + DAC, and reinstall using these steps:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12777400

I did all these steps and still dont working! It crash when I try to play custom battles, historical battles and when I try to begin a campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I did all these steps and still dont working! It crash when I try to play custom battles, historical battles and when I try to begin a campaign
    Hi there, and welcome to TWC forums

Answer these few questions:

1) What Windows do you have?

2) Is your M2TW a Steam or non Steam version? If it is a Steam version, is it updated with that latest patch for Multiplaying( start one of your Kingdoms campaigns, go to Options and in the upper corner there should be a number of current version)?

3) Before installing DaC, did you download and install TATW 3.0 both parts and TATW 3.2 Patch? After installing these TATW files, did you test can you start a campaign?

4) What DaC version are you trying to install?

Thanks!! I'm a huge fan of total war, since the launch of rome 1

Now its working, I downloaded the 0.5 version and its ok.

But I have a new problem hehehe:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post14640440

1) Windows 7

2) non steam, original medieval 2 and separated original kingdons.

3) the seteps are correct 'now' hheheh

4) I tried to install version 0.4, but now I'm in the version 0.5. The crash that I'm having now is fatal, I have the save file saved in my desktop if you need it.

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

Im getting an unspecified error crash every 5 turns or so, im using dac 5.1 windows 8 on steam its kinda frustrating.

Better to ask in DaC's thread, maybe someone has a similar issue.

Hi, I'm having an issue where it allows me to go onto the "Third-age Campaign" option, but when I do so and then press back and try to enter custom battles the game crashes back to desktop. The same happens the other way where i try to go on custom battles, go back and then the game crashes to desktop when I try to go on the third-age campaign option

hi. i am completly new to this mod and i got a problem i did hawe all promlems specifided above and thanks to you guys i did manage to fix them all bat one remains not fixt
    when i go to play campaign it works realy slow the map is not worcking properly it dosent move acros campaign map i trid to change the ressolution an evrithing it stil dosent work like it shuld
    and i do have comp powerful inaf to take such game i do have windows 10 help me

Quote Originally Posted by gogi003 View Post
    hi. i am completly new to this mod and i got a problem i did hawe all promlems specifided above and thanks to you guys i did manage to fix them all bat one remains not fixt
    when i go to play campaign it works realy slow the map is not worcking properly it dosent move acros campaign map i trid to change the ressolution an evrithing it stil dosent work like it shuld
    and i do have comp powerful inaf to take such game i do have windows 10 help me
    Hi there, and welcome to TWC Forums

What seems to be the problem, and, what files did you install:

TATW 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2 + TATW 3.2 Patch + "insert version of submod files here"

Also, is it Steam Medieval II TW version, or non Steam Medieval II TW version?

i installd first tatw part 1 3.0 and part 2 3.0 then tatw 3.1 patch and then 3.2 patch
    then i installd dacv part 1 part 2 part 3 and then 1.01 patch
    just like in the instal guide on this site al was downloaded from this site i folowd the instroctions to the leter
    al problems i encounterd i fix them by locking them up on this sitew
    bat the campaign map lags so terrible and cant find the solution
    and it is non steam
    the campaign map lags bad that is my problem i tried diferent resolutions it doesent work i tried to put all on minimum still dosent work

Quote Originally Posted by gogi003 View Post
    i installd first tatw part 1 3.0 and part 2 3.0 then tatw 3.1 patch and then 3.2 patch
    then i installd dacv part 1 part 2 part 3 and then 1.01 patch
    just like in the instal guide on this site al was downloaded from this site i folowd the instroctions to the leter
    al problems i encounterd i fix them by locking them up on this sitew
    bat the campaign map lags so terrible and cant find the solution
    and it is non steam
    the campaign map lags bad that is my problem i tried diferent resolutions it doesent work i tried to put all on minimum still dosent work
    DaC submod has a modified campaign map, and as far as I know, for some users ( like you now) it was unplayable.

Why is it unplayable, we do not know, but it probably has to do with incompatible software/hardware drivers, or maybe even too modern software/hardware, since this game engine is more than a decade old, and it hasn`t been updated to address the newest modern technology.

Have you tried playing clean, vanilla TATW 3.2 campaign (without submods installed)? Does it lag there as well?

yes first i playd tawt wanila and it lagd that is why i trid dacv thot it my improve the game bat it didnt are there any updates in ner future or is this it

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

For TATW, this is it.

As for your problem, if your game lags playing TATW, you will not solve it by installing a submod. I suggest you focus on TATW first. It is very unlikely that your problem is caused by TATW itself, a PC software or hardware (or both) is much more likely responsible. Try googling your problem. I did a quick test with that and got a lot of results. The term I used was:
    third age total war lag fix

And this is a link to the results (if it doesn't work, type "third age total war lag fix" into the google search box.

https://www.google.nl/search?client=...al+war+lag+fix

I will now close this thread, as it has deviated substantially from the original topic which was: Third age total war Sub mod Divided and Conquer "unspecified error crash", which clearly has nothing to do with lagging.

Feel free to PM if you think there is reason to reopen it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze