Thread: Needed For Full Release

Default Needed For Full Release

There are many parts of the mod "waiting" for implementation, they are primarily:
    - unit models & descriptions: we have them, they need to be coded in
    - EDU balancing
    - characters and family tree: most are done but have bugs in them that need to be hunted and eliminated
    - traits and triggers: we hoped for a new system but BBB could be re-enabled to give at least something, this would mean also adding traits to coded characters (~1000 named characters)
    - ancillary triggers: we have replaced all ancillaries with titles that are coded in but they lack triggers for their assignment
    - EDB finishing & balancing & descriptions: EDB and building effects are mostly coded in but many are not fully implemented, they are also not balanced at all and most lack descriptions (even basic ones for at least their effects)
    - events: few hundred entries are waiting for being properly coded
    - mercenary pools: dtto
    - guild triggers: follows the EDU, the guilds present in EDB as buildings need triggers to be added as functional guilds

Things that are not even started or would require further research:
    - missions
    - rest of 2D art: remaining unit & building cards (both small and large)
    - placing trade resources on the map
    - trade resources models
    - PSF models variety (there can be some (7*31)+7=224) models of permanent stone forts (PSFs) to make map way better)
    - full unit models roster (replacing all placeholder models with our own/other mods' models)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Majority of the work can be done in spreadsheets:

DotS Code
    DotS Code - Names
    DotS Code - Archives

These are the user-friendly styled spreadhseets that represent vast range of values used by in-game files. When downloaded and put into Rebuild Tool they are used to rebuild the mod and update all game files accordingly based on the custom templates (created by Resurrection) of the game files. See Rebuild manual in /Rebuild/ in the mod for details.

Anyone interested in the above tasks, please contact me here at TWC or via e-mail.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Needed For Full Release

I wish i could help, but i just doo not know anything about all these mentioned above.

you guys done such great job.

you have my great respect

any updates on what is needed? honestly i have no idea how to mod. I used to fiddle with files since rome total war (change unit mounts, training etc). but i wouldnt be good. EVEN THEN, i want this mod so much, that if there is anything i can help, i want to.

Nobody want to help them? I am so sad about this....

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Nobody want to help them? I am so sad about this....
    same here, it is sad to see so many people complaining about having to wait for the mod to be released but only 3 comments on the thread where they actually tell us what we can do to help.

Well, i work as an illustrator, it might not be much but on my free time i can make some 2d art: unit cards, icons and concept art (if needed) and some simple 3d models (like the forts and resources, but i don't have enough experience with modeling to make units). I can't promise a full commitment because of job and family, but at least i want to contribute with something

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_b36 View Post
    same here, it is sad to see so many people complaining about having to wait for the mod to be released but only 3 comments on the thread where they actually tell us what we can do to help.

Well, i work as an illustrator, it might not be much but on my free time i can make some 2d art: unit cards, icons and concept art (if needed) and some simple 3d models (like the forts and resources, but i don't have enough experience with modeling to make units). I can't promise a full commitment because of job and family, but at least i want to contribute with something
    That would be realy great! I can send you some units that need good unit cards. i think 8 of them, they are created by Karaislam. If you want to do it, pm

Of course, sending a message right now. i have already been learning how to make unit cars and working on some in case DoTs needs them, i wanted to make a thread about it, right now i have already made a couple of spearmen that where in the previews in modb, and im working on seven basic archers (one for each mayor culture in DoTs).

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

I already gifted my seljuk units for dots. I plan to make new armies. I ll gift them aswell.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    I already gifted my seljuk units for dots. I plan to make new armies. I ll gift them aswell.
    I was just about to announce your work actually this game lives because of you and your amazing artwork.

REP THIS MAN!!!