Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

Default The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

Please post your feedback here so there are not a hundred pages of random complaints.
    keep it professional please, we asked for a beta and we got it and lets do our own part and see if CA do their part (fixing the problems).

I will try to post the major complaints/praises in the OP to make sure no review/feedback is lost.
    the official forums are a jungle and multiple threads with incomprehensible explanations seem to be aplenty.
    Last edited by Toho; September 01, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

I will start with small thing. Already posted on the support forum.
    There is some strange thing with pikeman
    Levy Pikeman have 9 weapon damage, Pikeman and Thorax Pikeman have 14 weapon damage, while Silver Shield Pikeman, Foot Companions and probably other elite pikeman units have 11 weapon damage. I am not sure if it is intended that top pikeman units have lower damage than "mid-tier" pikeman units.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Horrible.Rolling back after try a custom battle where the roman legions shows a straight battle line instead the old and more plausible formations. This guys still in shape.

It seems really easy to keep public order positive. There are nearly no building who produce squalor (at least with rome) but thousands to increase happyness. But I just played for half an hour so that's only my first impression. Otherwise it's a really good patch!

I just started the game as well and the first thing i noticed is this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minimap bug.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	313214

I just cant believe they still have not fixed this yet.
    anyway I will play test some more but this really dampened my mood.

Dont think this is an issue with the EE but the update un-ques itself, and pauses after a couple of seconds download? Did anyone else have the same problem or did it all go smoothly?

"Rem tene; verba sequentur." - Grasp the subject, the words will follow.

AI in battle is more likely to hold back and use it's missile infantry which is great but it also sends in units piecemeal to get slaughtered. Also as soon as missile infantry run out of ammo they charge in, often resulting in javelinmen being the first infantry to charge.

Also in a mixed spear/pike army the pikemen are at the rear and basically join the battle very late. Why aren't these pikemen part of the main battle line? More work is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ano2 View Post
    Also as soon as missile infantry run out of ammo they charge in, often resulting in javelinmen being the first infantry to charge.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Torches still in sieges. Some path finding problems on walls (you have to bit by bit walk them along sometimes).

Some silly siege attacks one lone Etruscan cavalry attacked my full city (about 2000 men) and sieged it and attacked!

But pila are in! Great! All those people making silly excuses for CA were wrong. I also liked the land battles which were longer and so allowed more tactics...

That's it for now.

Just tried it out.

1. Pila...can be fire at will now but I think they nerfed its damage if it's being used stationary compared to charging. Have to check.

2. Building Chain...THIS IS HUGE from what we used to have.
    For example.

If a region has no specialty then you can upgrade the main building into either 3 levels. One is a "market", the other is "Civil" and the third is "garrison". Market obviously is for trade, Civil is for public order and tax boost and garrison is higher public order, less taxes, but you get a good number of garrison troops. Clearly this means that if you have a region that has a higher chance of being attacked you're better off using a Garrison Building to improve its defenses.

I noticed the Squalor/Food penalties were lower which is nice.

Also for specialty buildings for example "Olive Farm" I noticed there were no penalties to upgrading all the way and it they have a new picture and they give much bigger bonuses which makes sense.

Farming now has a new chain and one of them acts like the supply depot from Napoleon where it improves replenishment rates.

Just skimmed through it.

ok so after playing a while I noticed a few things.
    the economy seems interesting but very low from what I am used to which I guess is alright.

I am playing as Suebi and I wish sacking settlements would give me more gold than a thousand or two.
    also with the new building system I cant seem to be able to repair the main city building (gold mine in this case).
    I sacked it first then I captured the previously rebelled settlement. I can only destroy it. I cant convert it or repaire it.

I must say I'm very impressed so far! I still dislike the province system and how individual units can't move themselves, but at least the building system is somewhat refined now, and building stuff is actually quite enjoyable! So the campaign has been very much improved!

Also battles are far better now, they actually take some time to finish now! Of course it is not divide et impera level, but for vanilla I think it is very balanced, in terms of tactics. Also Rome did get their fire at will at last, something I was wrong about!

But I think it should be said that this is what we should have had on release. CA has far from redeemed themselves though and only their next title will tell. Yes I appreciate all the patches and fixes, but again, should have been there on release and I hate how companies release half arsed games only to fix them a year later these days.

But back OT, overall a great step forward!

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

is it save game compatable?
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Quote Originally Posted by grouchy13 View Post
    is it save game compatable?
    yes it is. But you have not the new building chains when you continue your old campaign. Its even compatible with s savegame which uses the TTTmod.

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on
    I understand but my issue is they are a bit off topic regarding the main subject here.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Is it just me or do battles take a significant amount of longer time to finish?

Tried Rome, and half of the tax I was getting from Rome seemed to come out of no where. Yeah, I had modifiers at about 45%, but that does not warrant me getting over 2,000 gold a turn from a level 2 city building.

Tried getting trade agreements with friendly factions and no one would accept. I was very disappointed that diplomacy is still below Empire's level.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post

Tried getting trade agreements with friendly factions and no one would accept.
    I agree on that. Can't make a simple trade agreement with anyone, so I don't even try. I'll just wait till they come forward. But I don't understand why they are so anti-Rome at this early stage. It's not like Rome is a threat yet.

I like the battle time now; I would not say it's significant. I would say it should be longer, but it's better as it is.

Battles are really good now. I tried a custom battle as Rome vs. Arverni and the infantry fight took a while to finish which gave me time to win a cav fight, chase off their skirmishers and flank with my own skirmishers. Plus the moral was a great balance. Chain routes still happen, but will take a wing of the army, not an insta-chain-route win. And units seem to regroup more and come back which is a nice touch.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

"A new thing that has been introduced are special regions.Effectively regions now have effect bundles that give them certain bonuses. Currently Roma, Carthago, Pella, Pergamon, Antioch and Baktra have these effects. Rome for example gives +2 recruitment slots in that province for owning it and +15% to all income"

I don't see the +2 recruitment for Baktra, ingame or have they got some different bonus? can any enlighten me?
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; September 01, 2014 at 04:59 PM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    "A new thing that has been introduced are special regions.Effectively regions now have effect bundles that give them certain bonuses. Currently Roma, Carthago, Pella, Pergamon, Antioch and Baktra have these effects. Rome for example gives +2 recruitment slots in that province for owning it and +15% to all income"

I don't see the +2 recruitment for Baktra, ingame or have they got some different bonus? can any enlighten me?
    Baktra should have different bonuses. Those mentioned above are just for Rome.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast